IGNORED

Is Islam mentioned as an end time prophecy?

MightyIsTheLord

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

Can someone tell me why this is important? :rolleyes:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Can someone tell me why this is important? :emot-pray:

As an author, you must already realize that inquisitive minds want to know! Beside that, understanding prophecy is important, as He unfolds the mysteries. Nobody likes to be blindsided ... :rolleyes:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Blessings to you,

Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time? Luke 12:56

Well, for starters Jesus rebuked the people for not being able to discern what time it was and missed his visitation the first time around. Shall we do likewise and not discern the time we are living in by not taking notice of the islamic beast that is and has been forming in our midst in our generation and how it relates to the future prophetic picture? Jesus told us to keep watch and be prepared, (Luke Chapter 12) and he gave several signs and events that would lead up to his return in Matthew 24. Are we not to watch, pray, and be prepared as Jesus commanded us to or are we to enter the tribulation period asleep?

Nikki

Edited by nikki1

Because

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Revelation 1:1-3

God Says So

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Matthews 18:6

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  05/12/1960

I agree with Nikki and Joe the Lord gives us instructions to know the season and be ready for Christ return the word says in a time when you think He is not coming then He comes, be ready always looking up for the day and hour is near.

This is why it is important.

Doug

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I was thinking about this term "all". Are there not 10 nations that rise and is dominate in those prophecies also? If that is the case then those countries are the "all". Rev. 17 seems to take this view, those kings had not yet recieved a kingdom but will be given power for one hour. We also see in Dan. where Nebuchadnezzar was given rulership over "all" yet we know he didn't rule over everyone. All prophecy is centered on Israel/Jerusalem so it would figure those kingdoms will be the ones that surround them and have always been enemies of Israel.

The word all is very misleading. Especially when it is used with the word world, earth, tribe, etc.

There are over 130 words for all in Greek and Hebrew and the word is used some 7 or 8 different ways in scripture and it doesn't always means the entirety of the whole.

Example:

In Daniel 2, the third kingdom is said to "bear rule over all the earth". No kingdom has ever ruled all the earth.

There are dozens of example to prove this in the bible. If your interested and want a better understanding of this I can look for some files I have on it.

K

I'm not a hebrew or greek reader but I seem to remember it goes by the verbage before and after the word and it can mean a figure of speech, correct? If I am on a playground and I call 'all of you come here we are leaving' I am only calling my class not the entire playground although I could use 'all' for that also. I seem to remember reading somewhere theres a specific name for this but can't remember what it is but just as in the example above it can mean the whole thing or just part of the whole thing. Just as the example of Nebuchadnezzar, it says he ruled over all but in reality he didn't rule the whole world. When Zech. says He will bring all nations I can either take that as all those nations that specifically outlined in scriptures or I can think that the entire worlds army including South American and Australian armies are standing there waiting to attack. Actually the only way this could happen all the armies is through the UN or NATO and I don't think all nations are part of NATO nor do all nations send their people to be apart of the UN either but I may not have all that right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

"Its interesting to note also that the Syrian pres. Bassar? went to Iran and from that we may see a united alliance of Iran, Syria, Iraq and Turkey.

:cool:

Daniel 7: 2-6:

"Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea. And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

The first was like a lion,...

... And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear,...

... After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard,... "

These were the empires of ancient Babylonia, Media-Persia and Greece. The fourth empire (the Roman Empire) was described not with the symbol of any animal, but as having iron teeth.

The first 3 empires stretched from what is today Pakistan through Iran, Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey, and all the way to Greece.

Revelation 13: 1-2:

"... And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy...

... And the beast which I saw was like unto ... a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of ... a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of ... a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority."

Same animal symbols as those used in Daniel.

Same part of the world?"

The Beast in Revelation 13 is Rome. Rome had many of the qualities of the other empires before. Don't project the past into the future. Rome is NOT going to rise.

As for Islam in eschatology, I think that the Magogists will drive it underground or ban it. All of the religiously-inspired terrorism is ruining their dream of a world without ANY religion. (II Thess 2) People in general are tired of Islam's antics.

With the large portion of Muslims being Arabic/Semitic peoples though, it's also possible that the LORD will do a great thing there and bring them to Christ.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

"Its interesting to note also that the Syrian pres. Bassar? went to Iran and from that we may see a united alliance of Iran, Syria, Iraq and Turkey.

:cool:

Daniel 7: 2-6:

"Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea. And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

The first was like a lion,...

... And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear,...

... After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard,... "

These were the empires of ancient Babylonia, Media-Persia and Greece. The fourth empire (the Roman Empire) was described not with the symbol of any animal, but as having iron teeth.

The first 3 empires stretched from what is today Pakistan through Iran, Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey, and all the way to Greece.

Revelation 13: 1-2:

"... And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy...

... And the beast which I saw was like unto ... a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of ... a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of ... a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority."

Same animal symbols as those used in Daniel.

Same part of the world?"

The Beast in Revelation 13 is Rome. Rome had many of the qualities of the other empires before. Don't project the past into the future. Rome is NOT going to rise.

As for Islam in eschatology, I think that the Magogists will drive it underground or ban it. All of the religiously-inspired terrorism is ruining their dream of a world without ANY religion. (II Thess 2) People in general are tired of Islam's antics.

With the large portion of Muslims being Arabic/Semitic peoples though, it's also possible that the LORD will do a great thing there and bring them to Christ.

It speaks volumes, to me anyway, that that part of the world continues to be the focus of nearly every nation. That Israel is still the brunt of so much hatred and aggression.....there's a definite reason why most of the world is against them. Not that it will change anything in the end. I watched a movie on TBS about Moses and the Ten Commandments...he tells the Israelites that they are no longer slaves but free men fighting for their very existence....and I realized that, 3000 years later, they're still having to fight for the same thing. There's no way to deny that prophecy is being played out on the evening news.