• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

Sorry to hear that SongStress, the enemy is always looking for a way to put out the song in our heart, and this is a classic way. God also might have to wean us off the need to have help from others before we will obey him.

The disciples often came to times of testing, and at one time the crowds all left following Jesus because it all just seemed too hard. Jesus asked the disciples " Will you also leave", they answered "Master where would we go you are the truth".

We must determine even if all others turn away, we will still follow Jesus as our salvation depends on remaining in Him and cowards are not given entry into heaven. Im not saying that we like Peter will not find we have done something cowardly, but that we must run back to Jesus` arms to be strengthened and empowered to overcome this.

How do you get past your hurt? by asking for Gods grace(power) to forgive this man, to forgive yourself for being sucked in and betrayed, and possibly for Gods forgiveness for missing His leading somewhere along the line.

Be of good courage SongStress and Sing unto Him.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

I'm sorry for your heartfelt pain, Songstress. It is a lesson many have learned. Don't depend on people in the church to mentor you and teach you - get into your own rhythm of spiritual mentorship and council with Jesus - He will never ever disappoint. People are all human.... they can and often will disappoint and hurt you - God Never will. God Bless you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I'm so sorry that he disappointed you like that, but it raises an issue that I was told very soon after I was saved. never, ever, follow the man in church. concentrate on Jesus and Jesus alone. All men are fallible one way or another. I have just returned from an amazing church service where our church handed over the pastorship to one of our elders as our pastor is off to plant a new church in New Zealand (it's what we do - 600 relating churches all over the world now).

The point is that it was a joyous, but sad occasion as one leader left (and we loved him), and another was raised up. But the fact that we keep our eyes on Jesus and not the man, made it so much more easy to do.

Don't let one man's actions cloud your vision or cause you to mistrust every pastor you may meet from now on. Keep your eyes firmly on Jesus, for He is our ultimate "pastor".

Blessings

I agree with you, Fez- our leader is Jesus Christ. Period. End of discussion. Pastors are human- they die. Jesus Christ is alive, He is our Lord. Period. End of discussion.

Please, don't let the devil lure you into being jaded because of one human. Focus on our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Pray for that person.

"Obey God and leave the consequences up to Him." -Charles Stanley

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Edited by Songstress

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Thanks for all the input. It's just hard because he was my youth pastor, and he was like another dad to a lot of us.

I know I need to put my focus on God. It just don't know where to begin without that support.

When my heart has been broken and betrayed in a similar way - I just got quiet and started praying for guidance and strength and that God would open my heart and eyes. He will - just keep your faith and start reading your Bible and studying the Word. Blessings.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

My advice?

Don't be surprised when sinners sin. Just remember that you are just as bad if not worse, but you both have received Christ's atonement for what was done.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

Many of the church leaders we have today are called pastors, ministers, clergy, whatever, where called scribes and the Pharisees 2,000 years ago.

Jesus said to do what they say, not what they do.

OK, I still do not understand then. You quoted Jesus telling His followers to obey the Temple leaders because they sit in Moses' seat. I am just trying to see where that has anything to do with this young lady's hurt and disappointment I guess?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

Thanks for all the input. It's just hard because he was my youth pastor, and he was like another dad to a lot of us.

I know I need to put my focus on God. It just don't know where to begin without that support.

Many have given very good Spiritual advice as well as myself that if you will just "begin" with Jesus alone, praying and talking with Him and getting into His Word, He will set all things in order for and in you! :emot-hug:

Did you know Jesus Himself reached points of discouragement? Paul also felt betrayed by one who traveled with him as well. People will let us down. Even our parents and loved ones will let us down. It is all about our "Expectations" of one another.

When a person truly relies on Jesus as He tells us to for every aspect of our lives. When we become so intimate with Jesus as He commands (remember that He says we must Love Him more than any flesh relative or loved one), suddenly another shadow or scale falls off of our Spiritual eyes and we see how unreasonable it is to expect anything more from anyone than Our own Love for them. We cannot even expect their love to continue yet, when Christ lives in us fully, our Love never fails because His Love for and inside of us never fails.

This is a Supernatural thing, that cannot be understood in our minds. I find this is hard for people to realize until you just "do it" (as Nike says in their slogan ... lol). But it works! Jesus rose alive from the dead in Spirit and Flesh! He then rose directly up in the flesh being transformed into His Glorious body at the right hand of The Father. So when He promises He will be in us, He means it. There is a song by Randy Travis called "I'm gonna Raise Him Up" which is so beautifully true! At the end of the song is the refrain "You gotta Raise Him (Jesus) Up". You can only do that when you submit all to Him and get in touch with Him daily as He said.

We counsel people and have found the biggest problem in marriages within the Church is not the finances or attention neglect so many fight about, it is that neither party had "Raised Him Up" in their hearts and let Jesus be the Lord over all their hearts and desires and expectations. I have had schooling and training in all forms of Christian Counseling but it wasn't until I practiced this very simple yet powerful aspect myself in my own life and "Raised Jesus Up" in my own heart for real, that it became evidence in my own life and as well as those in trouble. More married couples have gone away from our sessions healed and better than ever than they did before we brought it into the counseling.

That's the Secret Key that isn't really a "Secret" except between you and Jesus personally! :thumbsup:

Many of the church leaders we have today are called pastors, ministers, clergy, whatever, where called scribes and the Pharisees 2,000 years ago.

Jesus said to do what they say, not what they do.

OK, I still do not understand then. You quoted Jesus telling His followers to obey the Temple leaders because they sit in Moses' seat. I am just trying to see where that has anything to do with this young lady's hurt and disappointment I guess?

Because she said this.

I feel like the biggest part of my church life was all a scam now. I feel like I can't trust Pastors anymore, because who knows what they're doing in the free time now.

How do I allow myself to move past this?

Jesus basically said, "Do as they say, not as they do".

Unless this individual was flat out lying to her where the Word was concerned, I see no reason to distrust other pastors.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Pastors are just people, no less prone to sin than the rest of us. Never look to anyone but Jesus.