IGNORED

Forgiveness and Trust

Guest lovinghim4ever

Guest Harry Skelton

We are to put our trust in God. In all references, save one, that I have searched for "trust" in the Bible, it either shows man's unfaithfulness and trusting in secular things, or trusting in the Lord for all things. In the one, the violation of trust, there is a penalty [Exodus 22:7-11 - Breach of Trust]. But it is GOD who we must trust in first and foremost. We should seek the good of all involved. Even if someone has violated you, if that person is forgiven and has proved his/her faith in GOD, who are we not to put trust in them? We must first seek GOD and his guidance and not trust on our own understanding.

As one who is a registered offender, I know my limitations and what God requires of office of ministry. This is why I have a Prison Ministry. It is sad that of the one thing that Jesus demanded of us to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, very few are willing to do: that is "visit those in prison". This is a matter of trust. Not that you should trust someone else, but that they should trust you to lead them in the path of righteousness.

If Jesus demanded that we visit the fatherless and those in prison, and support widows, and you not do these thing, it begs the question: why should God trust you?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

We are to put our trust in God. In all references, save one, that I have searched for "trust" in the Bible, it either shows man's unfaithfulness and trusting in secular things, or trusting in the Lord for all things. In the one, the violation of trust, there is a penalty [Exodus 22:7-11 - Breach of Trust]. But it is GOD who we must trust in first and foremost. We should seek the good of all involved. Even if someone has violated you, if that person is forgiven and has proved his/her faith in GOD, who are we not to put trust in them? We must first seek GOD and his guidance and not trust on our own understanding.

As one who is a registered offender, I know my limitations and what God requires of office of ministry. This is why I have a Prison Ministry. It is sad that of the one thing that Jesus demanded of us to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, very few are willing to do: that is "visit those in prison". This is a matter of trust. Not that you should trust someone else, but that they should trust you to lead them in the path of righteousness.

If Jesus demanded that we visit the fatherless and those in prison, and support widows, and you not do these thing, it begs the question: why should God trust you?

Brother, forgiveness is one thing, trust is another. It took a lot of courage for you to come here and ask, but you have to realize that trust is not easily handed out to anyone. The Spirit must guide us in all we do, including trusting someone.

Guess what I am saying is what is forgiveness really? How far does one take it?

Forgiveness frees ones heart of bitterness. Bitterness hinders the working of the Holy Spirit in one's life and is sin. We are to take forgiveness as far as Christ did. Being human, we will never be able to achieve this in this life, but we are to strive for the holiness of Him.

1 Peter 1:13-16 (New King James Version)

Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written,

Guess what I am saying is what is forgiveness really? How far does one take it?

Forgiveness frees ones heart of bitterness. Bitterness hinders the working of the Holy Spirit in one's life and is sin. We are to take forgiveness as far as Christ did. Being human, we will never be able to achieve this in this life, but we are to strive for the holiness of Him.

1 Peter 1:13-16 (New King James Version)

Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written,

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  823
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  10/13/1981

I agree. So sorry to hear that you have been hurt. :noidea::)

Guest lovinghim4ever

Wow! So many wonderful responses. Thank you all so much for your genuine concern.

I do understand that I must forgive the ones who hurt me, but I just can't even think about trusting them again.

I do love them. I just cannot trust them; mainly because they also hurt my family.

I can handle them hurting me, but my family . . . oh NO; different story.

Thanks again everyone. :rolleyes:

:):wub::emot-hug:

Guest lovinghim4ever
Trust says - I have faith that you will not willingly offend against me again, forgiveness says - I no longer hold past offenses against you.

On this earth, in these sinful bodies, we are going to be hurt and cause hurt. Makes me even more thankful for the forgiveness we have in Christ.

I love this Andy . . . Wow! . . . Thanks!

:rolleyes:

Guest lovinghim4ever
Yes,i understand.Trusting some one with your child is much different than trusting them with yourself.

Agree.

Yes, I understand, but I am talking about trust in general.

:cool:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1978

Yes, we are to forgive people,

but that doesn't mean we have to trust them.

Someone has hurt me terribly, and I forgive them.

However, I don't trust them anymore and probably never will.

:th_praying:

I know I'm wrong, but I have people I don't forgive. I try to forgive them, but my heart just grows colder as try. Maybe, one day I will. I don't think I'll ever trust them again.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, we are to forgive people,

but that doesn't mean we have to trust them.

Someone has hurt me terribly, and I forgive them.

However, I don't trust them anymore and probably never will.

:noidea:

Totally understand.. as has been said before and I agree..trust is earned ..

I do not know your circumstances and it may be possible the person can never be trusted again but I would not hold on to that as absolute ..

there is hope someone can be trusted again if they prove to you they are trustworthy..

we all offend .. all.. and I have sure done my share of offending ..

There are those who forgave and forgot and there are those who will never..

I leave them all to the Lord as we are all His children to grow and learn of His nature in us...

I am assuming the one who hurt you is also a believer..

imagine a room full of children ..one child does something they should not have to another...

Father is watching and everyone in the room knows that one is " in trouble with the Father.."..

same with your situation...

You forgive them ..Father deals with them ...

Wait and see if God will move and make them trustworthy again... :)