~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I have been praying for my husband for a very long time. He has very little patience and has angry outbursts w/ our 3 year old son which scare me (and my son) a lot. I don't know what to do. I have confronted him about this several times and nothing has changed. I'm afraid of the long-term damage he may be causing to our son. Advice anyone?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Praying

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Is your husband a Christian? Perhaps you should talk with your pastor and your husband can get some counselling. This is an awful problem and you are right that it will affect your little one.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Heavenly Father,

Please open this man's eyes to see what he is doing to his child. Help him to control his anger. Heal this family.

In Christ's name I pray

Amen

• Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

I have been praying for my husband for a very long time. He has very little patience and has angry outbursts w/ our 3 year old son which scare me (and my son) a lot. I don't know what to do. I have confronted him about this several times and nothing has changed. I'm afraid of the long-term damage he may be causing to our son. Advice anyone?

If he is angry to the point of having outbursts with a little child and becomes verbally, physically or emotionally abusive - you need to confront him with your concerns. The child should not have to be exposed to uncontrolled outbursts of anger - it does affect them and often escalates into more unacceptable and dangerous behavior. If you are scared of his behavior and it scares your child you should ask him to get some help and learn how to manage his anger. In any case, as the mother, you are responsible for your child's safety and development.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

It is a pretty big problem, this is not a small thing.

Is your husband a Christian? Perhaps you should talk with your pastor and your husband can get some counselling. This is an awful problem and you are right that it will affect your little one.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Heavenly Father,

Please open this man's eyes to see what he is doing to his child. Help him to control his anger. Heal this family.

In Christ's name I pray

Amen

He says he is Christian but I don't really know.

Thank you for the prayer. :huh:

We did talk last night and he thinks that I am probably blowing things out of proportion (as my father was emotionally abusive when I was young). I am sensitive to any yelling and anger. He told me that he is going to take that into consideration from now on when handling my son's misbehaving. I don't think he would ever abuse him physically. I have been with him for 6 years and he has never touched me. He used to throw things a lot and completely fly off the handle in certain situations and this has improved. So I am happy that he has gotten better. Maybe he is right that I am too sensitive.

• Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

God expects a lot of men. He is to be the spiritual leader of his house, he is to love his wife as Christ loved the church, and he is to lead his children in the ways of the Lord. Is you husband doing this? I am so glad that you can talk to him about this and that he will listen. Encourage him to study Ephesians and Colossians and learn what God expects from him as the leader of his house, You might study with him. Do you think he would speak with your pastor?

As always, pray. God does not want division in your home, and he loves your little one.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

<>< ><>

Nathele

Heavenly Father,

In Christ's name I pray

Amen

He says he is Christian but I don't really know.

Thank you for the prayer. :emot-questioned:

We did talk last night and he thinks that I am probably blowing things out of proportion (as my father was emotionally abusive when I was young). I am sensitive to any yelling and anger. He told me that he is going to take that into consideration from now on when handling my son's misbehaving. I don't think he would ever abuse him physically. I have been with him for 6 years and he has never touched me. He used to throw things a lot and completely fly off the handle in certain situations and this has improved. So I am happy that he has gotten better. Maybe he is right that I am too sensitive.

It is not being overly-sensitive to expect your husband and the father of your child to behave like a mature adult. Throwing things, rages, etc? That is not a good environment. Three year olds are not known for their restraint and excellent behavior - they are learning, growing and testing the limits ... they need guidance and direction with reasonable discipline - screaming and uncontrolled anger is not productive or fair to the child or you. Praying!!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

For what it's worth the word of God tells us in.......

[Matthew 5:9]--"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God."

Sometimes the men folk get tired of their work load and bring those flustrations home with them. Usually to find no peace or attention at home for his own self sometime its the kids that take the mother's attention away from him back to the children. It might be that a little order may be needed so the men will have time to wind down when he get's home from work allowing him the time to vent perhaps a hot bath waiting for him when he gets home. The thing about peacemakers is they will find ways to keep the peace. Sometimes a kind word or gesture a good joke gives laughter and so on.

However, if he keeps showing signs of violence verbally or physically please don't take those signs lightly and remove yourself from your home until the situation has been resolved no matter what do no put your children or yourself in harms way.

[Matthew 5:9]

oc

And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

God expects a lot of men. He is to be the spiritual leader of his house, he is to love his wife as Christ loved the church, and he is to lead his children in the ways of the Lord. Is you husband doing this? I am so glad that you can talk to him about this and that he will listen. Encourage him to study Ephesians and Colossians and learn what God expects from him as the leader of his house, You might study with him. Do you think he would speak with your pastor?

As always, pray. God does not want division in your home, and he loves your little one.

<>< ><>

Nathele

My husband does not attend church with my son and I. He is not interested in Christianity. I continue to pray for him today. Hopefully he will come around someday. That's really all I can do. I do not think he would want to speak to a pastor. And I doubt I will ever see him reading a Bible anytime soon.

It's a very complicated situation. He loves his family very much but I think he is very stressed at work. He works 17 hour days and works very hard. We barely see each other. I am alone with my son 5 days a week, while he is working himself to death. I'm not making excuses for him. Believe me, I would not tolerate any abuse from him toward my son. I am very protective of him. In every instance my husband has shown loss of control I have quickly pointed it out. I know first hand the damage it can do to a child. I would not ever wish that on my own.