JCISGD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

2. They call themselves by another name other than just a Christian. i.e "im a Mormon, J.W, Catholic etc"

So you're basically saying that any church which isn't non-denominational could be a cult?

Sorry i shouldve been clearer. No i meant that cults always have a name other than Christian. I go to a denomination that is called Apostolic, but i am not an Apostolic, i am just a Christian and i also go to any church around the world that preaches Christ crucified and the bible as inerrent.

I hesitated to include Catholics as i knew it would upset some, but a Catholic will always even when "non practicing" (in blatant sin) call themselves " a Catholic".

They do not say i am a Christian who goes to a catholic church, they have given themselves another name and this is what they are.

I have seen groups that use the names of Baptist, Presbyterian, Pentecostal, so forth and so on that are cults...... as well....

I have friends that are "born again" that are in the Catholic Church.....

most people in the United states believe that if they are not buhdist, Hindu, Islamic... They consider themselves Christian, even if they have never gone to church anywhere.... (they believe there is a God, they believe there was a Jesus)

there are many many many "Christians" that are living in Blatant Sin..... there are many that said I was saved when I was a kid, and so I have no worries and I have been living this life style ever since and I have not had any problems... (once saved always saved)

there is more to it then just a name... there is even groups that carry main line names that are very much cults, some that are non-denoms that are also cults....

there is one church I know of, with very Christ like name, that the minister was "marrying" children, then being they were his "wife" he would take them places and then do what he wanted......

another one, again, one with a good sounding name was having the young people come to the church after school and such, (a large majority of the members were children)... the kids did the work around the church and the boys out side, girls in side..... yep, another one that was doing as he wished....

another church (baptist in name) even the parents were involved in the children being abused...... the parents of the children were also the elders/deacons, and they too were doing the same thing..... home schooling the kids (so word did not get out)

the best way to guard against cults are to READ THE WORD OF GOD..... KNOW WHAT THE WORD OF GOD SAYS, HAVE A PERSONAL RELATION WITH GOD...

when I give a lesson, whether from a book or self study, I encourage people to look up the information, seek deeper on the subject and pray about what it is that is being taught, to ensure that it is Biblical.......

mike

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

I do not believe that the Catholic church is a cult, I do believe that there histroy is stained with the blood of innocent men and women. They hinder there members from thinking for themselves. They keep priest from being married which is proper under God for a man to take a wife. Peter was a married man. They brutally murdered the Templars bowing down to a homosexual king of France. Money hungry lying to the people to gain funds. I could go on and on.

yes, while it is true that a "priest" is not to marry, this may also come from what Paul wrote about remaining single....

A Priest is to have "married" the church, which then they are able to give every thing they have to the Church......

Nuns are the same..... look at their hand, they wear a wedding ring..... why? they are married to the church.... so they can give their lives to the church....

if, however, if a man and women get married, they are not sinning.... it is better to marry then to burn....

must run

for now

blessings

mike

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

I think Christians who refute the teaching of J.Ws and Mormons but not the Catholic church are playing the hypocrite, as their core teaching and fruits have always been wrong and vastly destructive, leading billions to hell and giving sinners a false idea of what Christianity is.

Marriage is commanded of all in Genesis the only exception are those gifted such as Paul,but who also warns in scripture of those who will "forbid to marry".

The majority of the human race are under obligation to "multiply" and produce "godly offspring". Incedently one of the reasons for the spread of Catholicism is the large families they traditionally had. Christians can do much good in the world by raising godly chidren who in turn do the same. Marriage is not a second rate choice, and nearly all the great preachers had wives, "two being stronger than one" and where there is unity the Lord commands a blessing".

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I think Christians who refute the teaching of J.Ws and Mormons but not the Catholic church are playing the hypocrite, as their core teaching and fruits have always been wrong and vastly destructive, leading billions to hell and giving sinners a false idea of what Christianity is.

Marriage is commanded of all in Genesis the only exception are those gifted such as Paul,but who also warns in scripture of those who will "forbid to marry".

The majority of the human race are under obligation to "multiply" and produce "godly offspring". Incedently one of the reasons for the spread of Catholicism is the large families they traditionally had. Christians can do much good in the world by raising godly chidren who in turn do the same. Marriage is not a second rate choice, and nearly all the great preachers had wives, "two being stronger than one" and where there is unity the Lord commands a blessing".

(edited by moderator) I am taking offense at that. Did you not read what I said about the parish being the priest's children? Honestly, where do you get your information about Catholics, it's obviously a very misguided source if your opinion of us is so low. And what, it's a GIFT not to marry now!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! And we're OBLIGATED to have children, wow you make us sound like a burden. I'm sorry, children are not burdens, their gifts, precious gifts from above.

~Beka

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

I do not believe that catholics are going to hell thats ubsurd. Do I think priest should marry most def Yes. Do I believe in a Pope most def NO. Catholics have there tradition and have realy made some major mistakes in doctrine and how they have handled themselves throughout history. Thank God for priest such as Wycliff and Luther and several others who took a stand against the hiearchy of the RCC. Catholics are not a cult, they are the univeral church with vast history. I admire many of them John Paul 2 was a great man. They dont waiver in there belives just because the world wants them too. As a protostant I could look at the Catholic church and point out a dozen things I would change. Thats not for me to decide thats there tradition, every denomination has there tradition.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

I'll be honest, I want to hit you really, really, really, really, really badly, because you just said that I'm going to hell, and like any normal human being I am taking offense at that. Did you not read what I said about the parish being the priest's children? Honestly, where do you get your information about Catholics, it's obviously a very misguided source if your opinion of us is so low. And what, it's a GIFT not to marry now!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! And we're OBLIGATED to have children, wow you make us sound like a burden. I'm sorry, children are not burdens, their gifts, precious gifts from above.

~Beka

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I'll be honest, I want to hit you really, really, really, really, really badly, because you just said that I'm going to hell, and like any normal human being I am taking offense at that. Did you not read what I said about the parish being the priest's children? Honestly, where do you get your information about Catholics, it's obviously a very misguided source if your opinion of us is so low. And what, it's a GIFT not to marry now!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! And we're OBLIGATED to have children, wow you make us sound like a burden. I'm sorry, children are not burdens, their gifts, precious gifts from above.

~Beka

So it's wrong for him to tell you your going to hell because your catholic, but catholics can tell me I'm going to hell because I'm not catholi, wow thats the most hypocritical thing i've ever heard!

I never told you that, I would never tell you that, I know that every Catholic I know would never tell you that, if you're a gppd person who believes in God and Jesus, sure you're getting to heaven. You can't have met many deacent Catholics, we're taught religious tolerance, or at least all the Catholics around me are.

Peace out

~Beka

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

Let me clarify a few misconceptions,

I have never stated that all or any Catholics are going to hell, i have only said that they share a belief with cults that they are the only true Church and that this is wrong to do so.

Secondly i have not said that all Catholics agree with this or know that it is a core teaching of Catholicism, but reguardless of this Catholicism is an evil and false church that teaches practices that God condemns.

Thirdly i have pointed to the testimony of an ex catholic preist of 50 yrs named Charles Chiniquoy, who among others i have read of have spoken out of torture chambers, lime pits to hide aborted babies from nuns impregnated by preists, and wholesale debauchery at the top echolons as well as the assassination of catholic opposers by Jesuit preist.

If someone can prove this mans testimony false, i will retract my claims. The atrocities of the Catholic Church throughout history are well known and factual and it matters not if those in congregations are in the dark, they are supporters of these things by default if they do not take pains to know the truth.

Finally if anyone wants to punch my face in know this, that whatever you do to me you do to Jesus.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Beka aka Princess 2000 to Botz....

so what your saying is, if anyone says to you, you're wrong, we're right, and you're going to hell for what you believe, you wouldn't be bothered by it, you wouldn't want to bash their heads into the table for saying something so insensitive? You're a better man then anyone I've ever met.

....er no that is not what I was saying, and please don't bash my head in...even in your mind :)

I was saying that as an establishment there has been and continues to be a great deal of Catholic teaching that is not well founded on biblical principles, and yet has been defended and continuously promoted down through the centuries. I did not mention anything about anyone going to Hell...and yes I welcome, and whatever denomination one frequents should welcome correction that is godly.

I happen to agree with the premise of of JCISGD...it doesn't mean for one minute that I hate Catholics, or pass judgment on their eternal destiny....it just means I reckon some of the things the Catholic Church has been culpable of through promulgating a gospel with a large dose of mans influence in it, that has wrapped people in guilt and bondage, and does not express the grace of G-d. That is probably why some Catholics have to defend so rigorously the errors they hold...rather than prayerfully consider what is being said and to allow the Holy Spirit to show them....or simply look at the Scriptures for themselves.

This does not constitute 'Catholic bashing' by any means...and we should all be able to discuss things in the love and fellowship of the Holy Spirit....but lets not get easily offended because others so strongly disagree with long cherished doctrines that are built on a foundation of sand.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Blessings, JCISGD

I have always thought that the two most common teachings of cults are that Jesus was not God and that salvation is not by faith in Jesus Christ alone and there are other ways to God, thus denying the basic core belief of Christianity.

This would definitely put the Roman Catholic Church into the classification of a cult.

ZE05113005 - 2005-11-30

Link

Nonbelievers Too Can Be Saved, Says Pope

Refers to St. Augustine's Commentary on Psalm 136(137)

VATICAN CITY, NOV. 30, 2005 (Zenit.org).- Whoever seeks peace and the good of the community with a pure conscience, and keeps alive the desire for the transcendent, will be saved even if he lacks biblical faith, says Benedict XVI.

The Pope made this affirmation today at the general audience, commenting on a meditation written by St. Augustine (354-430).

More at link

Nikki