• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/04/1986

That is really sad and instead of saying anything I will just pray!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

"When the Son of Man returns, will He find faith on the earth?"

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

I am praying for their little girl who suffered needlessly. I know their faith is strong - but God has given us the means and the medicine to cure diseases like diabetes... they could have still prayed, but allowed her to be treated for a condition that is no longer a death sentence and can be treated.

:amen: Believer, I can't even stand to know the pain that child when through. Yet, I must pray for her parents, who must lack enough of wisdom and understanding to know that God had provided a means to help in the healing of their daughter. But, I must admit, I'm having a tough time, ... how could they watch their child waste away...........praying..jotful

I did pray for these parents. I guess it took me especially hard today - we have a little one struggling to breath and so ill and they are doing everything medically possible to help her and we are PRAYING too.... I have spent part of the day on my knees and I'm not functioning well at all right now and I do have faith in God and the wisdom HE gave the medical staff caring for our grandchild. sorry. :emot-fail:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

I am praying for their little girl who suffered needlessly. I know their faith is strong - but God has given us the means and the medicine to cure diseases like diabetes... they could have still prayed, but allowed her to be treated for a condition that is no longer a death sentence and can be treated.

:amen: Believer, I can't even stand to know the pain that child when through. Yet, I must pray for her parents, who must lack enough of wisdom and understanding to know that God had provided a means to help in the healing of their daughter. But, I must admit, I'm having a tough time, ... how could they watch their child waste away...........praying..jotful

I did pray for these parents. I guess it took me especially hard today - we have a little one struggling to breath and so ill and they are doing everything medically possible to help her and we are PRAYING too.... I have spent part of the day on my knees and I'm not functioning well at all right now and I do have faith in God and the wisdom HE gave the medical staff caring for our grandchild. sorry. :emot-fail:

Will be praying for your little one that she will be well speedily. Will pray for your family too, it is so hard on the parents. God will intervene for you and the child.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Oh Believer, I didn't mean you didn't pray for the parents. I was agreeing with what you said, and was adding that I was having a hard time praying, because self was in the way. That's why I have some many............before you get to praying, I'm so sorry if it sound any other way. I would never hurt you, please forgive me for this misunderstanding. jotful :blink:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/03/1989

It's a sad situation. A horrible one. But it reminds me of this joke:

* A farmer is in Iowa during a flood. The river is overflowing, with water surrounding the farmer's home up to his front porch. As he is standing there, a boat comes up, The man in the boat says "Jump in, I'll take you to safety."

* The farmer crosses his arms and says stubbornly, "Nope, I put my trust in God."

* The boat goes away. The water rises to the second floor. Another boat comes up, the man says to the farmer who is now in the second story window, "Jump in, I'll save you."

* The farmer again says, "Nope, I put my trust in God."

* The boat goes away. Now the water is up to the roof. As The farmer stands on the roof, a helicopter comes over, and drops a ladder. The pilot yells down to the farmer "I'll save you, climb the ladder."

* The farmer says "Nope, I put my trust in God."

* The helicopter goes away. The water comtinues to rise and sweeps the farmer off the roof. He drowns.

* The farmer goes to heaven. God sees him and says "What are you doing here?"

* The farmer says "I put my trust in you and you let me down."

* God says, "What do you mean, let you down? I sent you two boats and a helicopter!!!"

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

I heard a similar joke today based on this tragedy tonight at work. It is so sad no matter how long we send them to prison for they seem to still be holding on to what they thought was right. They make Christians look bad, and I pray for them.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

Amen believer, amen, and they need prayer as well, they really need to see the light, and the Jesus that I know, and you know!

Right

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

It's a sad situation. A horrible one. But it reminds me of this joke:

* A farmer is in Iowa during a flood. The river is overflowing, with water surrounding the farmer's home up to his front porch. As he is standing there, a boat comes up, The man in the boat says "Jump in, I'll take you to safety."

* The farmer crosses his arms and says stubbornly, "Nope, I put my trust in God."

* The boat goes away. The water rises to the second floor. Another boat comes up, the man says to the farmer who is now in the second story window, "Jump in, I'll save you."

* The farmer again says, "Nope, I put my trust in God."

* The boat goes away. Now the water is up to the roof. As The farmer stands on the roof, a helicopter comes over, and drops a ladder. The pilot yells down to the farmer "I'll save you, climb the ladder."

* The farmer says "Nope, I put my trust in God."

* The helicopter goes away. The water comtinues to rise and sweeps the farmer off the roof. He drowns.

* The farmer goes to heaven. God sees him and says "What are you doing here?"

* The farmer says "I put my trust in you and you let me down."

* God says, "What do you mean, let you down? I sent you two boats and a helicopter!!!"

Too bad there's no law against reckless stupidity.

Sometimes we ignore the obvious don't we!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

A few hours ago this was on Sky News

A couple who watched their daughter die as they prayed for her to get better - instead of getting medical help - have been jailed.

Madeline Neumann, 11, died on the floor while her parents Dale, 47, and Leilani, 41, surrounded her with members of a prayer group.

The little girl had become so weak she could no longer eat, speak, drink or walk.

The parents, from Wisconsin, America, were each sentenced to six months in jail after being convicted of second-degree reckless homicide.

End of quote.

To me the whole prayer group along with the parents had no faith as they sat back and watched the little girl die. There was no compassion or mercy given the little girl. What kind of mother and Father just let's their daughter die doing nothing.

Then the parents only got 6 months for the death of the child. I think everyone that was apart of the prayer group should have been arrested and charged. It's not the right kind of faith that would sit back and watch a child suffer at their hands. This is so heart wrenching. 6 months jail time for the life of a child.

:blink::amen::emot-fail: