• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Philippians 2:12-13

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

but few accept the responsibilities of being chosen.

I heard this the other day and thought it was quite good.. :24:

That saying of the Bible always made me sad. I still have many conversations about that phrase - everything from many simply being not enough to,

Edited by oak

Guest HIS girl

I am not going into debate about the Biblical meaning of "freewill", "called" and "chosen" - I just thought the saying was food for thought. :24:

I had a discussion with a wise Christian woman not long ago about predestination/freewill etc - this is one area that Christians of all ages, races, seasoned/babes etc differ.....

I think, what is important is to keep spreading the Gospel message to EVERYONE, not being selective with who we show love to and to reflect Jesus in our own lives to everyone we come across - big and small...to do anything less is robbing others of the joy and hope that is found Christ..and through us.

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I have this plaque in my backyard that says "For my are called, but few are chosen." :24:

Guest HIS girl

I have this plaque in my backyard that says "For my are called, but few are chosen." :24:

Matthew 20 v 16 : "So the last will be first and the first will be last. For many are called but few are chosen." Jesus (NKJ)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

The most common understanding of sanctification is that its a process, and never entirely attained in this life, but this is not what many who found a deeper experience testify to.

It could be that many are called and recieve justification, but only few are chosen to recieve entire sanctification. Those that testify to this experience (myself not being among them) say that it is a second instantaneous work of God, but it does require wholehearted seeking just as salvation does. IMO those who are casual or distracted in their seeking shall not find or be chosen.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

In some Churches you could quite easily apply an adaptation of the verse:-

MANY ARE COLD AND A FEW ARE FROZEN.

But what you have written is food for thought His girl...because 'the many are called...but there is a cost to accepting you are chosen...that G-d has His hand upon your life and wants to build you up for the future that stretches before you....for some the cost is too great and the sacrifice too daunting...and the struggle for holiness a never ending round of knocks and defeats....for others they take hold of the vision, they pay the price, and they learn to be over-comers.

Guest HIS girl
In some Churches you could quite easily apply an adaptation of the verse:-

MANY ARE COLD AND A FEW ARE FROZEN.

But what you have written is food for thought His girl...because 'the many are called...but there is a cost to accepting you are chosen...that G-d has His hand upon your life and wants to build you up for the future that stretches before you....for some the cost is too great and the sacrifice too daunting...and the struggle for holiness a never ending round of knocks and defeats....for others they take hold of the vision, they pay the price, and they learn to be over-comers.

:):blink:

Great insight Botz.