• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

I received this in an email this morning and thought I would share it with my friends here at worthy. I do not know if there is any truth to who said these things but I believe what was said is the truth. You decide.

I would love to give the Pastor of this predominantly black church in Virginia a hug and a high five. This guy is obviously a leader and not one of the sheep. Perhaps we should each decide who our real leader is

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Good word to share.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Excellent post

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I don't know so much........ The lesson in as far as relying on God for our provisions yes, I agree with 100%. But bringing any any political leader or his policies into a sermon I do not. Use a biblical character to get the message across yes, but a person, especially a political person who you disagree with, no. There are other ways, this way is dangerous.

Who is next Hitler? Stalin? Mother Theresa?

Keep it scriptural, and keep politics out. Just my humble opinion.

Blessings

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/08/1964

I don't know so much........ The lesson in as far as relying on God for our provisions yes, I agree with 100%. But bringing any any political leader or his policies into a sermon I do not. Use a biblical character to get the message across yes, but a person, especially a political person who you disagree with, no. There are other ways, this way is dangerous.

Blessings

I agree with the original post!! It is Right On!!! Amen to you O'Danny Boy!!!

As to your comment Fez, you sound like the separation of church and state propaganda!!!!

That is the problem with this country now!!!! The Church has lost it backbone with our government. Our government was founded on Godly principles and precepts!!! We have allow our government to loose site of the original governmental foundation!!!

The Church needs to establish a new christian government!!!

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Blessings

As to your comment Fez, you sound like the separation of church and state propaganda!!!!

That is the problem with this country now!!!! The Church has lost it backbone with our government. Our government was founded on Godly principles and precepts!!! We have allow our government to loose site of the original governmental foundation!!!

The United States was not founded on a church or a religion or a denomination yes on the Judeo/christian principles but not on an idea of some church and we should have separation between church and state yet hopefully governed by godly people. Which church would you want to rule in gov.? baptist, catholic, mormon, which christian church should be the leader?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Blessings

Yikes, having christians in government is good, but we will by no means see a theocracy until Jesus returns. I say keep the separation of Church and the State, but not good strong Christians and the State.

I agree with Fez, the pastor was out of line. He could have made the point he wanted to make without naming names...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

This is very interesting.

Historians criticize the church for not speaking out prior to WWII.

And now I hear people criticizing the church for speaking out.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/08/1964

Blessings

The United States was not founded on a church or a religion or a denomination yes on the Judeo/christian principles but not on an idea of some church and we should have separation between church and state yet hopefully governed by godly people. Which church would you want to rule in gov.? baptist, catholic, mormon, which christian church should be the leader?

I don't want a particular church to rule the government. That is not what I meant. I am just saying that the principles our government was founded on need to be re-established.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Yikes, having christians in government is good, but we will by no means see a theocracy until Jesus returns.

:thumbsup:

I don't get how how you equate Christians in government, obviously with morally biblical principles being the same as a theocracy :emot-highfive:

I say keep the separation of Church and the State, but not good strong Christians and the State

:thumbsup:

Blessings,

Nikki