• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/13/1953

We are supposed to judge mans writings in light of the bible and not the other way around.  This is all very interesting but it is (mans) interpretation and not the bible.  

I am always amazed at the wrangling people come up with to try to escape the tribulation, its incredible!

I am going to just believe the straight forward Word of God, without! A lot of mans wrangling.  

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching {ears};

If you are not going to believe the bible, what are you going to believe?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I'm "PAN-TRIB"...., however it "pans" out I'm going with Jesus!

I'm with Carl~"PAN-TRIB"~that RULES!! :biggrin:

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  155
  • Birthday:  02/13/1953

At night I listen to a tape of the words of Jesus. After years of listening to this tape I realized that Jesus had a knack of expressing complex spiritual truths, very simply, in a way anybody can understand.  And the common people heard him gladly. Why did the common people hear him gladly? Because he always spoke in a way that anybody could understand.

This is where I have a problem with your writings on the pre trib rapture. You would have people believe that they needed a master

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Hi Neb,

Will you please show me with sriture the part of the article you don't agree with? How about the marrige supper with Jesus for 7 years during the tribulation? I want to see you there too!!!!!!!!

Love in Christ, Angels

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I believe pre-trib.  Just thought I'd put in my vote.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Neb, I don't believe in pre-trib beacue I am afraid, but because I believe the Bible teaches this. Matt 24 Jesus was teaching about the end of the age (second coming) the rapture (if its pre-trib) is 7 years before that so it can be easily explained that he isn't talking about the rapture in Mat 24. I know Jesus teaches simply but some of his teaching is a mystery he said that too. I am sure that because it is a mystery the end times is something that can be interpreted many ways. I am not going to argue with God about it if I am wrong (famous author said this) but still believe in pre-trib till all is revealed and we know all. Jesus said no man knows the day or the hour of his coming and I take that to be a mystery. Mysteries will continue to be understood differently by different people and I think thats ok too.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  189

Could it be that in Mathew it was said in a way that meant the tribulation because Jesus was speaking to the Jews who will be here for the trib and in Thess Paul is speaking to believing gentiles who will be pre-trib. I would go into this more but am too tired.

Love in Christ

Teri

Most of the arguments for pre trib seem to be conjecture or an interpretation rather than a face value approach. The scripture that speak clearly at face value put the Rapture just before Armageddon and the Wrath of God. The pre trib theory is like, this actually means this and that doesn't really mean what it looks like it is saying etc. A lot of man's conjecture rather than God's word.

It seems strange to me that at a time when the world is the most under attack by Satan that God would withdraw his forces and then try and raise up an army from thoroughly green soldiers and if all the believers are gone, who's gonna get the converts to start this new army of believers who will be here till the end? The whole theory just doesn't make sense.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Levi, if you read my post about 2 Thes I don't see this as conjecture of any type but the truth of scripture. We are discussing supposedly why we believe in whatever rapture we believe, and to ramble on about conjecture doesn't give the reasons you believe whatever it is you believe about the rapture.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  189

Lev give some scripture to back up what you are saying. I asked before if since Christ was talking to a Jewish population could he have been tell them what was in store for them. Later after Christs death Paul was speaking to Gentiles and could it be the end is different for the two separate groups. I actually got this idea from everyones talk about following the Law before Christs death and it was Grace after not before.

To your point of what makes sense, it would make more sense to me for governments and a one world religious order to be able to be fulfilled if we all were out of the way. We are the biggest voice against these very things and we as a group are quite large and more than just a nuisance. As to the idea that God would be unable to put volumes of information into ones head in a instant if needed I think it quite probable that that would definitely be within his capabilities. Remember Saul, he was a soldier not a scholar or even a follower of Christ before his death, but he knew the word of God. How is that? Do you think he took a few years to learn all the in and outs of everything before he took up the Cross? He may have been turned into a believer by meeting Christ himself, but I don't think that explains his ability to preach the Word.

I honestly would like to stay for the tribulation just because of my human fear as you put it who will teach the rest. But I would rather know the truth of the matter because in the here and now I am asked that question quite frequently and I always have to answer with I'm not sure. I would rather have this settled and be able to say with conviction what that truth is. So scripture my dear friend. And please do it with an open mind. Is it possible there are two different messages because there are two quite different sets of people. And please Lev do not come back at me with all the tree being cut down and stuff. I do know the truth of the Jews and nobody is going to change my mind on that truth.

Love in Christ

Teri