• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

'alex73' post='1449608' date='Oct 23 2009,

We have heard that the angels leave our car bonnet when we go over the speed limit in this rebellious age.

This is a warning that sinning has repercussions both naturally & spiritually..

We may snigger & giggle because of our embarrassment but I don't think I have ever heard a '' preach '' that covers this topic.

Q.Any suggestions how I might deal with my speeding propensity?

A.Ask for forgiveness & for any promptings felt to be responded to.

The title of your thread says, Why Me? My answer is Why not you? Stands to reason you have the knowledge of what you deem as a sin "right". My suggestion in dealing with your speeding propensity. My suggestion is simply to say, "STOP IT"

The Word tells us "You have not because, ye ask not. You want forgiveness then all you got to do is ask for it.

If you think speeding is a sin to you then you must stop it because it is a sin personally to you. Not everyone shares that view but we may hold views that others thinks is wrong. And it matters not that you don't hear it preached around you. You still are called to depart from iniquity. We can't blame the preachers because we want to live a certain way we must act in "FAITH" and walk out our convictions

oc

P.S. I think you should go to the place where you was speeding at and turn yourself in and confess to the law enforcement that you broke the law and accept the punishment for that crime.

P.S. 2 - For future reference you need to turn on the speed control 5 miles below the set speed limits that are posted.

P.S. 3 - In the future events that you may break the law again go and turn yourself in and confess your sin again of speeding accepting the consequenses of your crime of speeding.

P.S. 4 - If none of that want stop you then you should stop driving altogether and take a taxi-cab at least you want be breaking the law anymore. Or, you could leave all your driving to someone else.

oc

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

we are only to obey rulers when they do right by God. if they don't do right then we are not to obey. same thing goes for a marriage relationship. i sometimes go 5 miles over the speed limit and sometimes a little over that. when i notice i am going too much over the speed limit, then i start slowing down. in america in the law of speed you are allowed to go 5 miles over, you have that leeway. that is what i was told anyway. lol i would just start obeying the speed limit. i'd rather get there maybe late then have to suffer and be prolonged even further, and maybe have to pay a fine that i can't afford to pay and that i could use that money for something better. ask God for His help. He is available, willing and will do exceedingly, above all that we could ever ask or think. God bless.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

same thing goes for a marriage relationship

Are you saying that if your spouse sins that you can seperate yourself from him/her? Or if your husband is an alcoholic that you don't have to obey him?

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

we are only to obey rulers when they do right by God. if they don't do right then we are not to obey. same thing goes for a marriage relationship. i sometimes go 5 miles over the speed limit and sometimes a little over that. when i notice i am going too much over the speed limit, then i start slowing down. in america in the law of speed you are allowed to go 5 miles over, you have that leeway. that is what i was told anyway. lol i would just start obeying the speed limit. i'd rather get there maybe late then have to suffer and be prolonged even further, and maybe have to pay a fine that i can't afford to pay and that i could use that money for something better. ask God for His help. He is available, willing and will do exceedingly, above all that we could ever ask or think. God bless.

I am a little concerned about how I read your comment (bold). Are you saying that if our leaders break the law, such as being corrupt, then it os Ok for us to do the same, or not to obey them, not pay taxes? That path leads to anarchy. The best I can say is that no matter who your leader is, it is your duty as a believer to obey God first in all things.

The marriage comment you post above, could you expand on what you mean?

Blessings

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/15/1935

Rom. 13:1-7

Submission to the Authorities

''1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. 6This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honour.''

1 Pet.13:1-17.

Submission to the Authorities

'' 1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. 6This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. 7Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

We have heard that the angels leave our car bonnet when we go over the speed limit in this rebellious age.

This is a warning that sinning has repercussions both naturally & spiritually..

We may snigger & giggle because of our embarrassment but I don't think I have ever heard a '' preach '' that covers this topic.

Q.Any suggestions how I might deal with my speeding propensity?

A.Ask for forgiveness & for any promptings felt to be responded to.

The title of your thread says, Why Me? [b]><> ><> No it wasn't it is ''Who me'' =meaning those who speed. My answer is Why not you? Stands to reason you have the knowledge of what you deem as a sin "right". My suggestion in dealing with your speeding propensity. My suggestion is simply to say, "STOP IT"

The Word tells us "You have not because, ye ask not. You want forgiveness then all you got to do is ask for it.

If you think speeding is a sin to you then you must stop it because it is a sin personally to you. Not everyone shares that view but we may hold views that others thinks is wrong. And it matters not that you don't hear it preached around you. You still are called to depart from iniquity. We can't blame the preachers because we want to live a certain way we must act in "FAITH" and walk out our convictions.

oc

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

No Matt, I am not saying anything on breaking a marriage up. I was saying that if authories or your partner say to go against anything of the Lord, then we are not to obey. And for the other person, I was saying that if authority says to go against what God says in His word in any way, then we are not to obey that. Sorry for the misunderstandings. Sometimes it is harder to communicate and get points across without being in person.

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/15/1935

So is the act of speeding a sin for Christians???? :noidea:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

No Matt, I am not saying anything on breaking a marriage up. I was saying that if authories or your partner say to go against anything of the Lord, then we are not to obey. And for the other person, I was saying that if authority says to go against what God says in His word in any way, then we are not to obey that. Sorry for the misunderstandings. Sometimes it is harder to communicate and get points across without being in person.

When I was married, my husband wouldn't let me tithe. He was making me disobey God. Was this right? What should I have done? For the record, I didn't tithe, because you don't want to go thru one of his tirades.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/02/1989

So is the act of speeding a sin for Christians???? :noidea:

Yes it is.