• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

hi,

I became a christian(recommitted) three years back. I had a lot of emotional issues because of my disobedience till now, but now it is nearly all gone.

So God is going to come back. What do I do till then?

I read the Bible as much as I can.

What else should I do?

Please give me specific answers. Don't tell me to be good or be God's child. How do I be all that?

Also more importantly, should I wait upon the Lord till then. Please say,"Yes you HAVE TO wait upon the Lord till He comes" or "no, you needn't". Any supporting verses would be useful.

Thankyou for your time.

God Bless You.

P.S.:In case you think this is a silly or even an impudent question, I come from a Hindu family from India. I live with people who'll chuck me out if they get to know I believe in Christ. So I do not exactly have a role model to follow. I've no idea what to do as a christian. Please guide me. Please pray that my family be saved.

Welcome into the family of God GerdaHannah, you are off to a great start by reading the Word. As you read the Word say, (if you can remember to) Lord, reveal to me what I am reading in Your Word....This is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He hear us. And if we know that He hears us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him....1 John 5:14-15. Pray (communicate with Him). Set aside a time for just you and Him... But see ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you...Matt. 6:33. Talk to Him as you go through your day. He's interested even in the small things in your life... Have fellowship (that's the way to get to know Him for yourself and you will began to know His voice)......My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow Me...John 10:27. And when He brings out His own , He goes before them; and the sheep follow Him, for they know His voice. Yet they will by no mean follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers...John 10:4-5. Love Him with all your heart, soul and mind, strength, and obedience. Fellowship with true believers... Study the Word to show yourself and be approved unto the Lord...Study to show thyself approved unto God , a worker that need not to be ashame, rightly dividing the word of truth...2 Timothy 2:15. Share Jesus and your new life in Christ with others.

There are many ways I could share with waiting on the Lord...please give an example on what you need to know.

These are some ways to help you with your walk with Christ , if you are not able to follow through sometimes, don't let the enemy beat you over the head. As you seek God and believers in Christ, you will receive understanding....jotful

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

hi,

I became a christian(recommitted) three years back. I had a lot of emotional issues because of my disobedience till now, but now it is nearly all gone.

What else should I do?

Please give me specific answers. Don't tell me to be good or be God's child. How do I be all that?

Also more importantly, should I wait upon the Lord till then. Please say,"Yes you HAVE TO wait upon the Lord till He comes" or "no, you needn't". Any supporting verses would be useful.

Thankyou for your time.

God Bless You.

P.S.:In case you think this is a silly or even an impudent question, I come from a Hindu family from India. I live with people who'll chuck me out if they get to know I believe in Christ. So I do not exactly have a role model to follow. I've no idea what to do as a christian. Please guide me. Please pray that my family be saved.

Welcome into the family of God GerdaHannah, you are off to a great start by reading the Word. As you read the Word say, (if you can remember to) Lord, reveal to me what I am reading in Your Word....This is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He hear us. And if we know that He hears us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him....1 John 5:14-15. Pray (communicate with Him). Set aside a time for just you and Him... But see ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you...Matt. 6:33. Talk to Him as you go through your day. He's interested even in the small things in your life... Have fellowship (that's the way to get to know Him for yourself and you will began to know His voice)......My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow Me...John 10:27. And when He brings out His own , He goes before them; and the sheep follow Him, for they know His voice. Yet they will by no mean follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers...John 10:4-5. Love Him with all your heart, soul and mind, strength, and obedience. Fellowship with true believers... Study the Word to show yourself and be approved unto the Lord...Study to show thyself approved unto God , a worker that need not to be ashame, rightly dividing the word of truth...2 Timothy 2:15. Share Jesus and your new life in Christ with others.

There are many ways I could share with waiting on the Lord...please give an example on what you need to know.

These are some ways to help you with your walk with Christ , if you are not able to follow through sometimes, don't let the enemy beat you over the head. As you seek God and believers in Christ, you will receive understanding....jotful

Absolutely jotful! Well put. :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

hi,

What else should I do?

Thankyou for your time.

God Bless You.

Occupy :rolleyes: Luke 19

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

The most common advice given to new believers is "Do", but Jesus our Lord said "wait in jerusalem untill you recieve power from on high".

God being real and active in watching over you, wants you to have His power before you go out to His will and before power He wants you to have His purity, so the Devil will have nothing in you.

When Jesus delivered the demoniac who lived among the gravestones he wanted to follow Jesus staight away, but Jesus said "go and show yourself to the priest to prove yourself clean.

Oh how i wish i had been told this when i was saved, but i went out both powerless and with many footholds/open doors for the Devil.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/08/1939

Greetings to you:

Now that you have become a christian there are a few things to point out to you. You are to be observant and to watch World events. Matthew Chapter 7: verse 15; tells us to watch out for False prophets in our time.They can come in many forms and many ways. Please study your Bible for in it you will find the truth of God.

If you will ask for Gods guidance and for His Holy Spirit to guide you in Spirit and in Truth, you will be doing what He asked of you. When you may be the only one in a family that is a Christian it is really a test on one. God tells us that we all have to inherit His Kingdom through much tribulation, through much trials. To be able to talk to others such as this really helps and is a great way to keep one informed and in lightened.

I believe that we are very close for "The Kingdom of God" the be established now. This should give all Christians hope. A hope they can hold on to. So please study and search the Scriptures for in them you can find the truth. Scriptures are like Golden Nuggets. You find a Nugget here and one their and you become very wealthy. The same is with Scriptures. You take one here and one their and it all begins to come to gather and the real truth is revealed. You then become wealthy in Christian knowledge. So be faithful in Gods love.

Leodrex:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Play with legos.

What kind of deep thought is that?? :thumbsup: