• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

So you still have to convince me that we have an old earth without using Radiometric dating.

Score Evolutionists 1

Creationists 13

Spreading rates of the Atlantic Seafloor (paleomagnetism confirms movement for millions of years)

Thick layers of Ooze

Thick formations made of clay without lamination because of bioturbation

Coral reefs

Best regards

Please provide me with a link. Sorry I didn't respond sooner but I was on a vacation from here.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Because true science verily contradicts the "answers" of religion, theists have to go out and find someway to make it fit into their religion. Ever just think that your god had nothing to do with the universe? Openmindedness is needed to proceed. Science works from data to the answer, whereas religion has thier books written by very ignorant and superticious people thousands of years ago giving them the "answers" and you find data in the universe to support its "answer." The only way science can progress is to ignore god for a moment and find some sense and logic.

People used to believe gods were responsible for illness, rain, thunder, sunlight, etc. However, on every occasion, gods have been pushed from those voids of knowledge. And of course you will find "data" like this on a creationist website... it is so baised towards reality, I just have to laugh.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Because true science verily contradicts the "answers" of religion, theists have to go out and find someway to make it fit into their religion. Ever just think that your god had nothing to do with the universe? Openmindedness is needed to proceed. Science works from data to the answer, whereas religion has thier books written by very ignorant and superticious people thousands of years ago giving them the "answers" and you find data in the universe to support its "answer." The only way science can progress is to ignore god for a moment and find some sense and logic.

People used to believe gods were responsible for illness, rain, thunder, sunlight, etc. However, on every occasion, gods have been pushed from those voids of knowledge. And of course you will find "data" like this on a creationist website... it is so baised towards reality, I just have to laugh.

There is no proof for Macro evolution. If you have taken the time to read this entire post, you would have seen that the 4 or 5 Atheists that have showed what they claimed as evidence, could not come up with any verifiable proof. However you are welcome to try and convince us. So tell me how can you look at the mechanical way the earth system works and be convinced it is an accident? How can the DNA that has the information in it to build an entire person or animal be an accident?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Content Count:  2

There is no proof for Macro evolution. If you have taken the time to read this entire post, you would have seen that the 4 or 5 Atheists that have showed what they claimed as evidence, could not come up with any verifiable proof. However you are welcome to try and convince us. So tell me how can you look at the mechanical way the earth system works and be convinced it is an accident? How can the DNA that has the information in it to build an entire person or animal be an accident?

Well firstly, it was a very slim probablility but it was bound to happen being that the universe is unarguably huge. 2nd, I will not label the human ignorance of information as a god. Science has done a great job of digging answers out of the earth and universe alike. Earth had the right conditions for life-forms to thrive, mostly just bacteria at the time. Some kind of evolution must have happened at somepoint, I will not accept the magical answer.

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  7

So you still have to convince me that we have an old earth without using Radiometric dating.

Score Evolutionists 1

Creationists 13

Spreading rates of the Atlantic Seafloor (paleomagnetism confirms movement for millions of years)

Thick layers of Ooze

Coral reefs

Best regards

Welcome to the board and back to the topic - can you provide evidence from science that 'Macro-Evolution' is science?

I don't think so. I'm a geologist, not a biologist. Can you provide evidence from science that the compounded effects of "Micro-Evolution" doesn't lead to "Macro-Evolution"?

Is it within the scope of science to demonstrate the compounded effects of "Micro-Evolution" can lead to "Macro-Evolution"? Where does the information come from to change a theropod lung into an avian flow-through lung?

Yes, it is possible to demonstrate that micro-evolution leads to macro-evolution. You just need to stay alive for another 50.000 years in order to witness undeniable proof. I don't need such demonstration. I accept biologic evolution as the best explanation for the fossilrecord.

I have no intention browsing through the web in order to "debate" change from the theropod lung into an avian flow-through lung. You can pick billions of unanswered questions and argue such as evidence of creation (or intelligent design), the problem is these arguments are designed for the creationists and not the scientific audience you pretend to corner with such arguments. No one needs to understand or be able to explain anything possible in order for biologic evolution to take place.

Now tell me: Can you provide evidence from science that the compounded effects of "Micro-Evolution" doesn't lead to "Macro-Evolution?

Score Evolutionists 1

Creationists 13

Thick layers of Ooze

Coral reefs

Best regards

Please provide me with a link. Sorry I didn't respond sooner but I was on a vacation from here.

Provide you with a link to what exactly?

USGS

Google

Edited by BornAtheist

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Score Evolutionists 1

Creationists 13

Thick layers of Ooze

Coral reefs

Best regards

Welcome to the board and back to the topic - can you provide evidence from science that 'Macro-Evolution' is science?

I don't think so. I'm a geologist, not a biologist. Can you provide evidence from science that the compounded effects of "Micro-Evolution" doesn't lead to "Macro-Evolution"?

Is it within the scope of science to demonstrate the compounded effects of "Micro-Evolution" can lead to "Macro-Evolution"? Where does the information come from to change a theropod lung into an avian flow-through lung?

Yes, it is possible to demonstrate that micro-evolution leads to macro-evolution. You just need to stay alive for another 50.000 years in order to witness undeniable proof. I don't need such demonstration. I accept biologic evolution as the best explanation for the fossilrecord.

I have no intention browsing through the web in order to "debate" change from the theropod lung into an avian flow-through lung. You can pick billions of unanswered questions and argue such as evidence of creation (or intelligent design), the problem is these arguments are designed for the creationists and not the scientific audience you pretend to corner with such arguments. No one needs to understand or be able to explain anything possible in order for biologic evolution to take place.

Now tell me: Can you provide evidence from science that the compounded effects of "Micro-Evolution" doesn't lead to "Macro-Evolution?

So far you have provided no evidence, nor proof of your own opinions, your argument is therefor flawed at best. I for one do not have to justify my faith. You are on a Christian site and the statement of faith is clear. Please understand that you came here to argue a point that no believer on this site agrees with in any way. It is up to you to prove your statements. So essentially it is up to you to try and disprove the above question, without just cut and paste please :emot-hug:

Score Evolutionists 1

Creationists 13

Thick layers of Ooze

Coral reefs

Best regards

So far you have provided no evidence, nor proof of your own opinions, your argument is therefor flawed at best. I for one do not have to justify my faith. You are on a Christian site and the statement of faith is clear. Please understand that you came here to argue a point that no believer on this site agrees with in any way. It is up to you to prove your statements. So essentially it is up to you to try and disprove the above question, without just cut and paste please :emot-hug:

I posted some evidence of an old earth without using radiometric dating:

Thick layers of Ooze

Coral reefs

And someone responded by asking me for evidence of makro-evolution being science (?), and you asking me for a link.. Now what do you want? A link to the Atlantic Seafloor, Ooze, clay formations and coral reefs? Do you doubt the existens of such?

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Well firstly, it was a very slim probablility but it was bound to happen being that the universe is unarguably huge. 2nd, I will not label the human ignorance of information as a god. Science has done a great job of digging answers out of the earth and universe alike. Earth had the right conditions for life-forms to thrive, mostly just bacteria at the time. Some kind of evolution must have happened at somepoint, I will not accept the magical answer.

:emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Two religions at loggerheads, yes? One says the Creator-God created heaven & earth; the other says it was accomplished by the dual gods, god Fat Chance and god Complete AccidentI love the self-concocted religion of atheism: it's so scutable! :emot-hug: