nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Well, look up the health benefits of peanutbutter and the health benefits of chocolate - and voila!

I KNEW there had to be some redeeming value to them while I was stuffing my face.... :blink:

I love them too.....and they are definitely good for stress. :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's time to use my teeth again! :taped::)

:blink: Look! This emotithingy doesn't have any!

WOW!! Amazing.... do you know anything about what Reese's Peanut Butter Cups help? :) Please tell me they help with something..... :blink:

Yeah, and Snickers bars?

They surely are good for something...I'm going to go eat one to help me figure it out... :taped:

In the 17th Century herbalists such as Nicholas Culpeper, or William Coles believed in something called 'the doctrine of signatures', whereby any plant or part of a plant...root, stem, flower etc that looked like part of the human anatomy, or even animal anatomy, was in some mystical way linked to it. For example, Viper's Bugloss has a speckled stem which resembles (with a degree of imagination) a snakes skin...and thus proof that is would be effective in a compound against snake-bite.

We seem to have come a long way since those times.

i am a firm believer in herbology... medicine as we know it has only existed for about 150 years, and before that, it was ALL herbology! and i'm not so sure that western medicine is so fabulous anyway... i mean, i'd hate to not have it, but i remember one time i asked my mom what all her meds were for.... most of them were to treat the side effects of other meds. it's crazy!

anyway, i bet if you studied the chemistry of snake anti-venoms, you'd find that viper's bugloss or a synthetic version of it is part of the formula. (just like aspirin is a synthetic version of white willow bark).

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

it is amazing, i thoroughly enjoyed that! but... i've never seen a tomato with four chambers.....

Image here

and raw? ok, veggies and fruits, sure, but i don't think anyone would eat raw fish or meat!

Well, most veggies are best eaten raw. But I've heard tomatoes are actually best cooked; cooking releases more of its beneficial aspects.

People do eat raw fish - it's called sushi.

But if you notice, this presentation focuses on fruits and veggies.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Wonderful just wonderful...jot

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

There are so many natural vegetables and fruits which can cure many things.Some are at our door step others are more exotic.In some places there are no grapes but there is a substitute for them.Thank you for making me realise this.

Blessings

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

In the 17th Century herbalists such as Nicholas Culpeper, or William Coles believed in something called 'the doctrine of signatures', whereby any plant or part of a plant...root, stem, flower etc that looked like part of the human anatomy, or even animal anatomy, was in some mystical way linked to it. For example, Viper's Bugloss has a speckled stem which resembles (with a degree of imagination) a snakes skin...and thus proof that is would be effective in a compound against snake-bite.

We seem to have come a long way since those times.

i am a firm believer in herbology... medicine as we know it has only existed for about 150 years, and before that, it was ALL herbology! and i'm not so sure that western medicine is so fabulous anyway... i mean, i'd hate to not have it, but i remember one time i asked my mom what all her meds were for.... most of them were to treat the side effects of other meds. it's crazy!

anyway, i bet if you studied the chemistry of snake anti-venoms, you'd find that viper's bugloss or a synthetic version of it is part of the formula. (just like aspirin is a synthetic version of white willow bark).

Could be LadyC....though I think their doctrine was extremely speculative and random and nowadays would be considered not only unscientific, but possibly lethal in many cases. What has always interested me is how they found out what was poisonous and what wasn't and what quantities to use...I bet they did not get volunteers queuing up...not even for a silver coin and a tankard of mead.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe it's time to use my teeth again! :emot-highfive::27:

:27: Look! This emotithingy doesn't have any!

Maybe it has no teeth because of all the candy... :emot-hug::rolleyes:

Botz...I am with you ..how did they figure out all this stuff..

very curious stuff "discovered"

Ever wonder why someone thought to themselves .."I am going to make me a shirt out of that flax plant."