• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

Artsy- I have two wonderful daughters a step son and three grandchildren, none who are christians and all who love me heaps. The reason I seem harsh is because people are reading things into my posts that are not there and because christianity is in such a low state of affairs.

But I am no better or spiritual than anyone here and regularily confess that. Even if I am heading for hell it would not mean I cannot speak truth.

Botz- I will seek the LORD about what you say, will you join me in this?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Morals are not a set of rules, they are a choice made by individuals as to what they do or do not allow. The Apostle Paul made tents, was that a vain activity? He preached against observing the law as Christians, but he also observed many tenants of the law, almost as occasion would allow. He preached against circumcision, and yet he circumsized a traveling companion, was this morally wrong? He was told to NOT GO to Jesusalem in prophecy and in vision, yet he went, was that morally wrong?

Does God require us to witness with each breath? There are millions going to hell, why do we waste time in any other activity? These are questions that are tinted with a measure of zeal, but not with wisdom. God knows that we need rest, we need food, we need interaction with others, and we also need to withdraw sometimes to renew ourselves and recharge ourselves.

We all should have a much greater level of spiritual walking, I am sure, but He is the one that calls us, that motivates us, that annoints us, and we are commanded to obey Him. Certainly we should behave ourselves, but having a hobby, or a distraction from the pressures of life, is not immoral of itself, but we must each submit to whatever God requires of us, being careful not to cast a snare on our brethren because of our zeal.

Morals are as you say what we hold as virtue in our choices, but our morals do not make a thing morally right or wrong.

Again as you say it is not a set of rules either. What makes something morally wrong depends on wether it is the highest good for all involved depending on their respective value, i.e God first then Humans, Angels, Animals etc.

I have not objected to any of the things you list, I have only said it is morally wrong to waste time in anything vain and without good purpose.

Come on Guys read my posts for what Im saying and not what you think im saying and if its unclear please ask questions rather than accuse me of things I have not said.

name a specific...

you cannot lump all of the mundane actions in our lives into a category of sin because you have no idea whether all those mundane things are working a higher purpose..

Like walking for exercise makes the body stronger..walking is pretty mundane and does not (that I can point out) bring anyone to Christ

.Perhaps I like to walk for an hour a day because I enjoy it..

Unless God speaks to me and tells me not to it is a perfectly all right thing to do..

God gave rest to people from work..

He knows man needs rest from their labors ..

Physical and spiritual...

Fields need rest ...

If that time of rest is made up of walking or sitting and listening to classical music or taking a bubble bath then there is no sin involved because I am resting my heart and mind and body..

Is it frivolous ?.....

no it is not, unless again, the Lord is speaking to you it is not time for you to rest but to be working...

Have I come close to what you are talking about??

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Would spending time debating with other Christians about board games or teensy weesy spider be 'vain activities'? I don't see how time spent here is bringing lost to Christ.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I will gladly join you Arthur...believe me when I tell you, that I hear your heart, and I think we all acknowledge the way you want to be used so much to see people saved and make people take stock of the destiny of the unsaved...that is righteous and true...its just that the emphasis is over stressed and laboured, and many have had periods like that in their walk with the L-rd...I call it being so right that you are wrong.

We all need to encourage, challenge, admonish each other in the L-rd, but according to His purposes, and in a spirit of love and understanding that does not seek to impose upon or judge another Believer's life and bring condemnation rather than conviction.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

JCISGD doesn't it bother you that you are the only christian here on the boards that shares this conviction to the depth that you do?

JCISGD doesn't it bother you that you are the only christian here on the boards that shares this conviction to the depth that you do?

:emot-pray: No. I try to only speak things that I have previously agonised over and become convinced of its truth by the Holy Spirit. If the world should be against me I could not say otherwise unless and untill I see more light or discover I have been in deception.

The problem in christianity today is that the blind are leading the blind and very few will be taught by proven men of God. By proven I dont mean they are a pastor of a flock, I mean they are seen to be faultless before God and man and are used migthily in power. By faultless I dont mean they never err, I mean their life and example is holy, and beyond reproach.

• Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Thought this might be a blessing to you...(if someone has already posted this then forgive the double post)

Php 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

Php 4:5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Then is sex sinful too...or vain... as it is pleasurable and does not praise, worship or serve God?

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Artsy- I have two wonderful daughters a step son and three grandchildren, none who are christians and all who love me heaps. The reason I seem harsh is because people are reading things into my posts that are not there and because christianity is in such a low state of affairs.

But I am no better or spiritual than anyone here and regularily confess that. Even if I am heading for hell it would not mean I cannot speak truth.

Do you enjoy time with your grandchildren? How is that serving the lord? Blessings.

Morals are not a set of rules, they are a choice made by individuals as to what they do or do not allow. The Apostle Paul made tents, was that a vain activity? He preached against observing the law as Christians, but he also observed many tenants of the law, almost as occasion would allow. He preached against circumcision, and yet he circumsized a traveling companion, was this morally wrong? He was told to NOT GO to Jesusalem in prophecy and in vision, yet he went, was that morally wrong?

Does God require us to witness with each breath? There are millions going to hell, why do we waste time in any other activity? These are questions that are tinted with a measure of zeal, but not with wisdom. God knows that we need rest, we need food, we need interaction with others, and we also need to withdraw sometimes to renew ourselves and recharge ourselves.

We all should have a much greater level of spiritual walking, I am sure, but He is the one that calls us, that motivates us, that annoints us, and we are commanded to obey Him. Certainly we should behave ourselves, but having a hobby, or a distraction from the pressures of life, is not immoral of itself, but we must each submit to whatever God requires of us, being careful not to cast a snare on our brethren because of our zeal.

Morals are as you say what we hold as virtue in our choices, but our morals do not make a thing morally right or wrong.

Again as you say it is not a set of rules either. What makes something morally wrong depends on wether it is the highest good for all involved depending on their respective value, i.e God first then Humans, Angels, Animals etc.

I have not objected to any of the things you list, I have only said it is morally wrong to waste time in anything vain and without good purpose.

Come on Guys read my posts for what Im saying and not what you think im saying and if its unclear please ask questions rather than accuse me of things I have not said.

name a specific...

you cannot lump all of the mundane actions in our lives into a category of sin because you have no idea whether all those mundane things are working a higher purpose..

Like walking for exercise makes the body stronger..walking is pretty mundane and does not (that I can point out) bring anyone to Christ

.Perhaps I like to walk for an hour a day because I enjoy it..

Unless God speaks to me and tells me not to it is a perfectly all right thing to do..

God gave rest to people from work..

He knows man needs rest from their labors ..

Physical and spiritual...

Fields need rest ...

If that time of rest is made up of walking or sitting and listening to classical music or taking a bubble bath then there is no sin involved because I am resting my heart and mind and body..

Is it frivolous ?.....

no it is not, unless again, the Lord is speaking to you it is not time for you to rest but to be working...

Have I come close to what you are talking about??

Absolutleiy if I understand you correctly. It is the motive that makes a thing wrong in most cases, except perhaps the 10 commandments. What is our motive for watching tv or listening to music? Is it to better equip us for living and therefore ministry or is it for selfish indulgence.

We dont need a specific command to know if we should be doing something better with our time or not. We know souls are perishing and if we are doing or have done all that we can then we know we are to rest and or seek the Lord etc.