nebula

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

The Lord does not speak in dreams??? Who then spoke to both Josephs and to Daniel through dreams? Who spoke to Paul through a dream to come over to Macedonia?

Acts 16:9 And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us.

10 And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.

And why did Joel say this:

Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

which Peter then quoted on the day of Pentecost?

Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

I was also going to address the passage you originally quoted, Rufus, but in reviewing the thread to find the passage, I found that I already addressed it in post 17. This is what I said:

Rufus, in the passage of Scripture you quoted, you should also have highlighted the parts where the dreamers of dreams were using those dreams as a reason to entice people to go and worship others gods. That's what that warning is about - that there will be those who will try to draw people away from the LORD by means of their dreams.

We know that neb isn't trying to depart from the LORD or lead anyone astray. And, as others have pointed out, Scripture explicitly states that the LORD does give His people dreams.

And the passage you quoted was this:

Deut 13:1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;

7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:

9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

Note again that in verse 2, the dreamer says, 'Let us go after other gods.' That's what the warning is about - using a dream to entice someone away from the Lord. That was not what Nebula's dream was doing.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, if Rufus believes that Joseph sinned in interpreting the dreams of the butler, the baker, and of Pharoah; that Gideon sinned for having his faith strengthened by overhearing a dream interpretation that the Lord told him to listen to; that Daniel sinned for interpreting Nebuchadnezzar's (sp?) dream; that Joseph of Nazereth sinned by heading the voice of the angel given him in 3-4 dreams; that Paul sinned by going to Mecedonia by the word given him in a dream -

Then there is really nothing to say to him.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

Well, if Rufus believes that Joseph sinned in interpreting the dreams of the butler, the baker, and of Pharoah; that Gideon sinned for having his faith strengthened by overhearing a dream interpretation that the Lord told him to listen to; that Daniel sinned for interpreting Nebuchadnezzar's (sp?) dream; that Joseph of Nazereth sinned by heading the voice of the angel given him in 3-4 dreams; that Paul sinned by going to Mecedonia by the word given him in a dream -

When Joesphs silver cup is found in Benjamins sack it was said that that was the cup Joesph not only drank from but used for divination. I have yet to figure out if it was part of the 'game' Joesph was playing on his brothes or he really used divination and if he did God didn't reprimand him or tell us how bad Joesph was for doing so!

I think dreams are for personal use, some may have meaning for those around us I don't think God gives us dreams for prophecy in the way He did for Daniel or Isaiah. If I remember my dreams then it always means something in my life and they always come true, strange as that is.

Rufus - I simply disagree with your interpretation of divination.

And I disagree with your understanding of what dreams are.

After all, why would the Lord create dreams to begin with? (Unless you want to claim dreams are a part of our fallen nature and not God-created?)

If the Lord spoke to Joseph and the Magi and Paul and the others in dreams, why were they exceptions to the rule?

Anyway, I pray you have a blessed dream tonight.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Rufus,

I'm interested in your understanding of Nebula's standing before God as opposed to the Old Testament Saint's of God that have been mentioned in relation to the topic at hand.

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

You are not Gideon or Joseph or Daniel or Joseph or Paul. Just because they acted on information from a dream does not give you or anyone else license to do so, regardless of how much you may want to. Seeking God's will through dream interpretation is a violation of the prohibition against divination and God, through Samuel and others, calls it sin.

Rufus,

With all due respect, I think you do Nebula a disservice and accuse her of what she has not said. She is a Christian and our sister - if she believes this dream was important enough to share and discuss - I do not know why you are so intent on believing that seeking God's will through dream interpretation is a sin against God. Does this mean that God does not still speak to His Children? :rolleyes: He speaks each day to us - perhaps some are just not hearing him.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

'One day, as we were going to the place of prayer, we met a slave-girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her owners a great deal of money by fortune-telling. While she followed Paul and us, she would cry out, "These men are slaves of the Most High God, who proclaim to you a way of salvation." She kept doing this for many days. But Paul, very much annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, "I order you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her." And it came out that very hour.' - Acts 16:16-18

Thanks, but that doesn't answer the question. :emot-highfive:

Are you now saying that nebula quite possibly has a demon? :whistling:

I haven't heard the sister say, "Thus sayeth the Lord." Have you?

Peace,

Dave

'One day, as we were going to the place of prayer, we met a slave-girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her owners a great deal of money by fortune-telling. While she followed Paul and us, she would cry out, "These men are slaves of the Most High God, who proclaim to you a way of salvation." She kept doing this for many days. But Paul, very much annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, "I order you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her." And it came out that very hour.' - Acts 16:16-18

Besides what Dave asked -

What does this have to do with believing that the Lord might have been telling me something in a dream?

You keep saying that dream interpretation is divination, but you have yet to provide evidence that the two are one and the same.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1964

I "devine" that one of your are wrong. But I can "see" than One of you is right.

What about your dream -isn't it all about that and not about the -"if's,but's and maybe's"

Seek the answer,I guess.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/12/1958

I was with a group of people. I have no recollection of who exactly they were, where we were, or what we were doing - just that we were on some type of "adventure."

At one point someone prophetically declared, "Now is the time that the science will be backwards."

I found myself then declaring such as:

"Hot shall be cold, and cold shall be hot.

Fast shall be slow, and slow shall be fast."

And ending with:

"The last shall be first, and the first shall be last."

Any thoughts?

Perhaps the Lord wants to reveal truths to you from Matthew 20:1-16 being "The worker in the vineyard " which contains prophetical knowledge within it and yet it is backward "The last shall be first, and the first shall be last" you'll gain the knowledge from "the worker in the vineyard" by systematic study--hence science

we are told to study to show ourselves approved unto God a workman that needeth not be ashamed.

just thoughts

"For rebellion is no less a sin than divination, and stubbornness is like iniquity and idolatry" - 1st Samuel 15:23

And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream. Numbers 12:6

God's words.