Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

It helps if you're willing to ignore scientific evidence.

What evidence would it be that "believers" are ignoring?

Well it depends on the believer because there's so many different interpretations. By far the most most blatant disregard for science comes from the age of the universe/earth and the denial of evolution.

Believers don't disregard all science.....just bogus science. :emot-questioned:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

How do you know God is real? i don't think anyone can know just by a book for real or people would have to believe in everything they read so how do you know for a fact that God is real?

You exist, don't you?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

How do you know God is real? i don't think anyone can know just by a book for real or people would have to believe in everything they read so how do you know for a fact that God is real?

As others have stated, it is faith. Everyone can see what God has created, but it takes faith to believe He did it. The Bible is more than a book. It is many books in one. Genesis is a book, Exodus is a book, and so on. There men who wrote the words down did so at the urging of the Holy Spirit. The men who wrote the words did not know each other and lived many, many years apart from each other. But the Bible does not contradict itself and is filled with prophecy. Prophecy is history written in advance. The Old Testament told of the Messiah - how He would come, what He would do - and those prophecies have been fulfilled. They also tell of the nation of Israel and how they would be taken from their land and scattered throughout the world, then in the last days they would become a nation once again. This has happened in recent years.

The Bible also talks of the life of Jesus. He did fulfill prophecy in the way He was born, and the fact is that God loves us so much that He chose to become a man in order to allow us the only way to spend eternity with HIm in Heaven. When a person accepts Him as their Saviour, their sins are forgiven. He has forgiven me so much and I am so thankful.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Me being a rational person who tries to view things logically when making choices, what makes the Bible more worthy of my faith and devotion than any of the hundreds of other religious texts. By the way I'm not trying to be a troll, just trying to have a discussion.

rsnicks i am so glad that you ask such a great question! It deserves a great answer. i will give it my best shot and trust that you will continue to be open to the truthfulness of the Bible and the reality of Jesus the Christ.

As you have mention there are a lot of religious books and you wonder why is the Bible worthy of your faith, i would agree that there are a lot of religious books but none can compare to the Bible on any level. Here's something to consider ALL books have been written by man including the Bible, however, the fact that all books have been writen by man is not important but rather the content. The Bible is the foundation for Christianity and Christianity is base on the person of Jesus, where as all other religions are based upon philosphy, opinion, personnal experinces that could not be confirmed by any others outside of their claims. The Bible is none of these and heres why, it's prophetic qualities. There is no other book that has had more prophecies come true, especialy pertaining to Jesus. Here are 5 scriptures that i want you to look up in your Bible [Psalms 69:4, Zechariah 11:12-13, Psalms 22:1,14,16,18 Isaiah 50:6 Isaiah 53:4,7,12 Isaiah 7:14] and ask yourself who are these written about? Then ask yourself how could these persons have known how or what to write about a person, Jesus the Christ, and then have what they wrote become reality 400 years later from the time they wrote it? :laugh: We must conclude that God must have been involved in these writings and Christ is someone He wants us to consider and therefore He ,Jesus, must be signifigent to God and humanity. I hope this helps, and if it does please share it with someone who may have the same questions. Thanks and may God bless you as you seek truth! :emot-questioned:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

I know Hes real because when i ask Him a question i always get an answer that i know is not from my thinking, and secondly when i asked God to forgive for my sins because Jesus died on the cross and i believed Jesus was raised from the dead, I just knew God was real and had come to live within me.

Keep asking and you will recieve, God bless.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

I don't know the exact location but the Bible says after looking at the world how can you not believe in God. Science should lead you to the conclusion he exists, not the opposite.