• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

'Doomsday Clock' Moves Away From Midnight but Only by 1 Minute

Great... I feel much safer now (not) :emot-hug: :swordfightsmiles:

A group of international scientists this morning announced that they are moving the hands of the symbolic "Doomsday Clock" away from midnight -- or the figurative apocalypse -- but only by one minute.

The clock, which is maintained by the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, was designed to reflect how close civilization is to "catastrophic destruction." First set at seven minutes to midnight, the clock has been moved only 18 times since its creation in 1947.

The group, which includes more than a dozen Nobel laureates, last moved the hands of the clock in 2007, from seven to five minutes before midnight to reflect the threat of a "second nuclear age" and the challenges presented by global warming.

Today, at a press conference in New York, the Bulletin announced that despite the looming threats of nuclear weapons and climate change, it would move the hands of the clock from five to six minutes before midnight.

>>>>More

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I have to say, along with the scientists, that it is good to see the countries of the world tackling problems together even not so collaberatively.(that's a word)? Old enemies realizing a common foe, and a common objective. I only wish Christian denominations would do the same,what a stench arguing

creates. All those countries that want to live and let live, and help the unfortunate, how cool.

Thanks, I like uplifting news.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.11
  • Days Won:  115

Well, the world has their clock and God has His. I will keep my eyes to the sky, the times and the seasons while they continue to look at man to try and figure Armageddon.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

Well, the world has their clock and God has His. I will keep my eyes to the sky, the times and the seasons while they continue to look at man to try and figure Armageddon.

Amen, amen!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2

Amen, amen!

Right

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

The group, which includes more than a dozen Nobel laureates, last moved the hands of the clock in 2007, from seven to five minutes before midnight to reflect the threat of a "second nuclear age" and the challenges presented by global warming.

the Bulletin announced that despite the looming threats of nuclear weapons and climate change, it would move the hands of the clock from five to six minutes before midnight.

I bet they're experiencing the same cold snap that we've been dealing with the past week. :thumbsup: