Believer1997

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

I saw this earlier today and I am left all but speechless.... I cannot imagine wanting this service.... :noidea:

Guests who don

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

I saw this earlier today and I am left all but speechless.... I cannot imagine wanting this service.... :noidea:

Guests who don

Guests who don

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Well.. it is not a new idea...

1Ki 1:1 Now King David was old and advanced in years. And although they covered him with clothes, he could not get warm.

1Ki 1:2 Therefore his servants said to him, "Let a young woman be sought for my lord the king, and let her wait on the king and be in his service. Let her lie in your arms, that my lord the king may be warm."

1Ki 1:3 So they sought for a beautiful young woman throughout all the territory of Israel, and found Abishag the Shunammite, and brought her to the king.

1Ki 1:4 The young woman was very beautiful, and she was of service to the king and attended to him, but the king knew her not.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Guests who don't want to hop into a cold bed at one English hotel now have a novel way to warm up: by enlisting a staff member to do it for them.

The Holiday Inn's Kensington, London, location will offer a free five-minute "human bed warming" service throughout next week, according to Britain's Sky News.

So what does a human bed warmer do? A hotel staffer, dressed from head-to-toe in a white, fleecy getup that looks like a cross between a footed pajama set and a snowsuit, will get into your bed upon request and move around, generating some heat between those chilly sheets.

It's akin to "having a giant hot water bottle in your bed," Holiday Inn spokesperson Jane Bednall told Sky News.

The service may be well worth waiting around for five minutes before bedtime, since the UK has been experiencing notably nasty weather this winter.

Dr. Chris Idzikowski of the Edinburgh Sleep Center told Sky News that a warm bed is important for a good night's rest.

"There's plenty of scientific evidence to show that sleep starts at the beginning of the night when body temperature starts to drop," he said. "A warm bed - approximately 20 to 24C - is a good way to start this process, whereas a cold bed would inhibit sleep."

With that in mind, it seems like inviting a stranger into your hotel bed may not be such a bad idea - at least in this case.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/travel/2010/01/...l#ixzz0dIsXewws

Haven't these people ever heard of electric blankets and large electric heating pads? :blink:

My husband has one the size of a twin bed, and in the winter he turns it on, it warms up the bed and he's happy.

I was going to ask the same thing.....I wouldn't WANT a stranger in my bed before me! :o

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Guests who don't want to hop into a cold bed at one English hotel now have a novel way to warm up: by enlisting a staff member to do it for them.

The Holiday Inn's Kensington, London, location will offer a free five-minute "human bed warming" service throughout next week, according to Britain's Sky News.

So what does a human bed warmer do? A hotel staffer, dressed from head-to-toe in a white, fleecy getup that looks like a cross between a footed pajama set and a snowsuit, will get into your bed upon request and move around, generating some heat between those chilly sheets.

It's akin to "having a giant hot water bottle in your bed," Holiday Inn spokesperson Jane Bednall told Sky News.

The service may be well worth waiting around for five minutes before bedtime, since the UK has been experiencing notably nasty weather this winter.

Dr. Chris Idzikowski of the Edinburgh Sleep Center told Sky News that a warm bed is important for a good night's rest.

"There's plenty of scientific evidence to show that sleep starts at the beginning of the night when body temperature starts to drop," he said. "A warm bed - approximately 20 to 24C - is a good way to start this process, whereas a cold bed would inhibit sleep."

With that in mind, it seems like inviting a stranger into your hotel bed may not be such a bad idea - at least in this case.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/travel/2010/01/...l#ixzz0dIsXewws

Haven't these people ever heard of electric blankets and large electric heating pads? :blink:

My husband has one the size of a twin bed, and in the winter he turns it on, it warms up the bed and he's happy.

Uh Yeah... that would be the route I'd take... (and do).... I would feel really ill at ease having someone in a sleeper warming up a bed... I rather like the coolness of a bed that other people have not slept in.... I just don't see this catching on... :blink::o

Uh.....no. :taped:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'd prefer to rent a dog for the job.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I think I have just stumbled upon the perfect job for me :rolleyes:

Lie around in bed dressed in a fleecy bunny suit on a cold winters day?

Can one apply online? :whistling:

No YOU may NOT apply..... must I explain in more detail????

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

No YOU may NOT apply..... must I explain in more detail????

:whistling: Not just yet please! But ones mind is now wondering......