• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

Please pray for the family of this child and the schoolchildren. I don't know how to post the URL so I just copied article. I have a heavy burden - this tragedy has upset me very much. I can't believe a loving God woudn't allow this child into heaven. So young - no one knows why.

Friends, family stunned by The Colony 9-year-old's apparent suicide at school

11:53 AM CST on Friday, January 22, 2010

By MATTHEW HAAG / The Dallas Morning News

mhaag@dallasnews.com

People close to a 9-year-old boy from The Colony struggled Friday to understand why he would want to take his own life. "That's the question we are asking and probably always ask," Brian Bradford, pastor at Horizons Church in The Colony, said a day after Montana Lance apparently hanged himself in a restroom at school. "But something like this is just impossible to truly understand as far the rationale behind it." A staff member at Stewart's Creek Elementary School found the fourth-grader unconscious just before 1 p.m. Thursday in the nurse's bathroom. No students saw him, said Karen Permetti, the Lewisville ISD spokeswoman. Montana was taken to Baylor Medical Center at Carrollton, where he was pronounced dead, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner.

Bradford, who went to the hospital with Montana's family Thursday afternoon, said his parents, Jason and Deborah, have struggled to find out what happened and why. "It kind of came out left field for us, and that just adds to the tragic nature," said Bradford, who said he is serving as the family's spokesman. "He was just a very giving kid and loved to give back and help people and help around the church."

Bradford said a Montana Lance Memorial Fund had been started at Wells Fargo banks to help his family cover medical and funeral costs. Many parents dropping their children off at Stewart's Creek on Friday morning said they were unaware of the situation. A letter to parents would be sent home today, Permetti said. Stephanie Rodriguez said that the news about Montana troubled her 9-year-old son so much that he slept with her Thursday night. His death is simply hard to fathom, she said.

"It's very sad," said Rodriguez, who added that the school's PTA meeting Thursday night was canceled. "I just can't imagine why this happened." Dawn Kite, a mother who has children in the district, said she was unaware of the death until she turned on the news this morning. "It

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

God can prompt us but He will never take away our ability to choose..

In no way is God responsible for this..

It is horrible that the devil got hold of this child's mind so early in his life and I cannot imagine the sorrow his parents must be feeling right now..

We had some friends whose son hanged himself and it was horrible...

Praying for his family ..all of them and those who loved him that He will give them comfort and peace in this terrible time of their lives... :cool:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

This is so sad! I do have to wonder though how much investigating was done...are they sure he hung himself, or did someone do it for him...this article mentions bullies. Praying for closure for the family.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

Thats very sad, young children are very susceptible to their emotions and what they see around them. Even at age 9 they often have little grasp on consequences and correct reasoning.

We can be sure that God is loving and can only do what is the loving thing to do, He is absolute light, and there is no shadow in Him.

Father in heaven, I pray for those left behind and I cut off every foul spirit that would try to inflict further death and suffering, I ask for courage, hope and wisdom to all in their grief and loss, and that Pastor Bradford have extra grace and ability to represent you. In Jesus name.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

There was a 7 year old in Texas last year who also was hung in school - it was later determined that it was an accidental act. How horrible for these parents. In 1980 a friend of our daughter committed suicide at age 6. She took an overdose of medication found in the house. It was devastating and to this day - there is no apparent reason for her action. I pray for these parents and the community to come together and receive comfort from God during this horrific time.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

It is absolutely awful to lose a child like that, or by accident. We lost my brothers son Mathew at the age of 14 in a tragic accident. They were swinging each other around in a hammock trying to do 360 degree swings, and his head was caught in the ropes and he broke his neck.

Of course we questioned why, and it was a horrible time. We still don't have the answers, but we have the faith to know that he sits with Jesus, and one day the questions will be answered.

Obviously my brother and his wife took it very hard and grieved for months.

My brother testified that one night he woke up with a presence in the room, and a wave, he explains it like soft, sweet smelling talcum powder hit him and washed over him. He says he woke up in complete peace, knowing that Mathew was safe, and from that day on has accepted his passing, and feels at peace when he thinks about it.

Angels do visit......

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

It is absolutely awful to lose a child like that, or by accident. We lost my brothers son Mathew at the age of 14 in a tragic accident. They were swinging each other around in a hammock trying to do 360 degree swings, and his head was caught in the ropes and he broke his neck.

Of course we questioned why, and it was a horrible time. We still don't have the answers, but we have the faith to know that he sits with Jesus, and one day the questions will be answered.

Obviously my brother and his wife took it very hard and grieved for months.

My brother testified that one night he woke up with a presence in the room, and a wave, he explains it like soft, sweet smelling talcum powder hit him and washed over him. He says he woke up in complete peace, knowing that Mathew was safe, and from that day on has accepted his passing, and feels at peace when he thinks about it.

Angels do visit......

:cool: yes, they do.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

Please pray for the family of this child and the schoolchildren. I don't know how to post the URL so I just copied article. I have a heavy burden - this tragedy has upset me very much. I can't believe a loving God woudn't allow this child into heaven. So young - no one knows why.

Friends, family stunned by The Colony 9-year-old's apparent suicide at school

11:53 AM CST on Friday, January 22, 2010

By MATTHEW HAAG / The Dallas Morning News

mhaag@dallasnews.com

People close to a 9-year-old boy from The Colony struggled Friday to understand why he would want to take his own life. "That's the question we are asking and probably always ask," Brian Bradford, pastor at Horizons Church in The Colony, said a day after Montana Lance apparently hanged himself in a restroom at school. "But something like this is just impossible to truly understand as far the rationale behind it." A staff member at Stewart's Creek Elementary School found the fourth-grader unconscious just before 1 p.m. Thursday in the nurse's bathroom. No students saw him, said Karen Permetti, the Lewisville ISD spokeswoman. Montana was taken to Baylor Medical Center at Carrollton, where he was pronounced dead, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner.

Bradford, who went to the hospital with Montana's family Thursday afternoon, said his parents, Jason and Deborah, have struggled to find out what happened and why. "It kind of came out left field for us, and that just adds to the tragic nature," said Bradford, who said he is serving as the family's spokesman. "He was just a very giving kid and loved to give back and help people and help around the church."

Bradford said a Montana Lance Memorial Fund had been started at Wells Fargo banks to help his family cover medical and funeral costs. Many parents dropping their children off at Stewart's Creek on Friday morning said they were unaware of the situation. A letter to parents would be sent home today, Permetti said. Stephanie Rodriguez said that the news about Montana troubled her 9-year-old son so much that he slept with her Thursday night. His death is simply hard to fathom, she said.

"It's very sad," said Rodriguez, who added that the school's PTA meeting Thursday night was canceled. "I just can't imagine why this happened." Dawn Kite, a mother who has children in the district, said she was unaware of the death until she turned on the news this morning. "It

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

praying for the Lord to comfort his family and friends and to bring His glory out of this tradgey.

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

Right

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/23/1971

Very Sad- I'm praying for him, his family and friends.