JCISGD

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

No I am not perfect but God is making me perfect. Much of my life however is sinless and good. It is a blessing to have the life of the Lord. I am however not perfect but Christ is growing in me.

How is that any different than the Christians that JCISGD was bashing in his opening post?

Much of Christianity does not follow God's voice in their heart. Much of Christianity says Jesus is God but does not accept that God is love. Much of Christianity cannot understand that Jesus is in everyone to be served. They thus do not walk in the light and do not have the life within them.

Jesus clearly said it is not those that call me Lord that enter the Kingdom of Heaven but those that do the will of my Father who is in heaven. Calling ourselves Christian means nothing if we do not follow the voice of God in our hearts. It is this inner voice that gives life and it is this inner voice that condemns.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I care not if i get banned for saying such,

JCISGD - simply saying such is not the reason people getted banned.

what do i care im not even saved as I still sin and crucify Christ.

:whistling: That is a horrible way to interpret Scripture. We are changed "from glory to glory", and as a person passes onto each new glory it sure can feel like "truly being saved". One could argue that there are different salvations - the initial being saved from the wrath of God (which everyone mistakes as being saved from Hell), but getting saved from our sin nature and all that goes with it takes time.

So, when you say "not saved" - of what do you mean?

Good Post. Christ came so that we could leave sin.

so, you are totally sin free in your life? :whistling:

No but Christ is living in me and refining me. I am able to leave sin by serving Jesus in everyone I meet. This connection to Jesus is what lets us leave sin. We must make God King. We must put love first.

What do you mean by "leave sin"?

can you expound more please?

do you believe that we as Christians can be totally without sin while on this world, in these bodies?

We leave sin when we do the will of the Lord. We leave sin when we live our lives for love. Follow God in your heart and He will teach you how to leave sin.

We are God's workmanship. He is making us perfect if we let Him.

Grace to you,

I agree to some extent because it is God doing the work through you. However, at times during Ministry I find in me a motivation that is not of God. This does not negate the work that God is doing because He knows the heart of a man yet still desires to work through it. How do you explain this?

Peace,

Dave

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Oh yeah quaker's today are not even believers, they do not believe that Christ is the only path to salvation, I am not even sure they believe in Christ as Lord anymore.

Fruits of this teaching?

I am a Quaker. I believe that Jesus is God. He is my salvation.

Is that the doctrine of the Quaker faith though? I always look to be corrected if I hold incorrect beliefs. I had thought that Quakers could hold any number of beliefs about Christ about Trinity and about the Holy Bible as the infallible Word of God? The ones I have known (which could indeed be a skewed sample), do not confess any of those things but are more into peace and meditation (which are good things), and believe that many paths lead to God. But I really do stand to be corrected and apologize if I was wrong. I would be interested in your take on those things, thanks.

Good Post. Christ came so that we could leave sin.

so, you are totally sin free in your life? :whistling:

No but Christ is living in me and refining me. I am able to leave sin by serving Jesus in everyone I meet. This connection to Jesus is what lets us leave sin. We must make God King. We must put love first.

What do you mean by "leave sin"?

can you expound more please?

do you believe that we as Christians can be totally without sin while on this world, in these bodies?

We leave sin when we do the will of the Lord. We leave sin when we live our lives for love. Follow God in your heart and He will teach you how to leave sin.

We are God's workmanship. He is making us perfect if we let Him.

Grace to you,

I agree to some extent because it is God doing the work through you. However, at times during Ministry I find in me a motivation that is not of God. This does not negate the work that God is doing because He knows the heart of a man yet still desires to work through it. How do you explain this?

Peace,

Dave

God is working through you in many things. There are however a few things that are not right. God's inner voice is showing you. He is actively refining you. It is good that you admit this. Obey God's inner voice as George Fox teaches and this inner voice (God) will deliver you from your sins.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Much of Christianity cannot understand that Jesus is in everyone to be served.

Care to expound upon and unpack this statement for me?

Jesus is not in the humanity that we serve. However, God places great value on that humanity as it is Created in His image and it is His desire that all men everywhere repent and come to Salvation escaping the Wrath of God for their rebellion.

Please speak about this inner voice, does it take precedence over the Word?

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

No I am not perfect but God is making me perfect. Much of my life however is sinless and good. It is a blessing to have the life of the Lord. I am however not perfect but Christ is growing in me.

How is that any different than the Christians that JCISGD was bashing in his opening post?

Much of Christianity does not follow God's voice in their heart. Much of Christianity says Jesus is God but does not accept that God is love. Much of Christianity cannot understand that Jesus is in everyone to be served. They thus do not walk in the light and do not have the life within them.

Jesus clearly said it is not those that call me Lord that enter the Kingdom of Heaven but those that do the will of my Father who is in heaven. Calling ourselves Christian means nothing if we do not follow the voice of God in our hearts. It is this inner voice that gives life and it is this inner voice that condemns.

This post is slightly confusing - Jesus is not in everyone "to be served" and if he were, then that person is a new creature in Christ and they want to serve him. Otherwise it is lip service, hence the scripture that everyone that says Lord, Lord will not enter into heaven and eternal reward. Christians (born again, new creatures) of God have the Holy Spirit dwelling within them and it is THAT guidance we should not follow. I know of people that think they are following a "voice", but it does not line up to what is clearly lined out in scripture. The carnal nature and the evil one have a "voice" also. "Voices" can be misleading, but the spirit of God cannot.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

as George Fox teaches

But................. George Fox is not the focus of my Faith, Jesus Christ is. :whistling:

Whose Word takes precedence?

Peace,

Dave

Oh yeah quaker's today are not even believers, they do not believe that Christ is the only path to salvation, I am not even sure they believe in Christ as Lord anymore.

Fruits of this teaching?

I am a Quaker. I believe that Jesus is God. He is my salvation.

Is that the doctrine of the Quaker faith though? I always look to be corrected if I hold incorrect beliefs. I had thought that Quakers could hold any number of beliefs about Christ about Trinity and about the Holy Bible as the infallible Word of God? The ones I have known (which could indeed be a skewed sample), do not confess any of those things but are more into peace and meditation (which are good things), and believe that many paths lead to God. But I really do stand to be corrected and apologize if I was wrong. I would be interested in your take on those things, thanks.

The original Quakers believed that Jesus is God and that we must serve Him by obeying God's voice in our hearts. The original Quakers believed the bible as long as it was interpreted through the Holy Ghost.

In time however there was a big split. In the 1800's the Quakers split into two separate groups. One group became known as the Orthodox Quakers as they believe that Jesus is God. They other group became known as the Liberal Quakers as they do not believe that Jesus is God nor do they believe that the bible is true.

The Quakers that you are meeting are Liberal Quakers. They do not agree with George Fox's view that Jesus is God. In Canada due to our small population the Liberal and Orthodox Quakers joined. Thus we are a mix. I am an Orthodox Quaker but many in my meeting house are Liberal Quakers. I do not agree with their views but that is fine they can believe what they want to believe. As for me I believe that Jesus is God and is thus the light of the world as George Fox taught.

Edited by Seeker100

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Obey God's inner voice as George Fox teaches and this inner voice (God) will deliver you from your sins.

God's inner voice delivers from sin?

I don't see that written in Scripture.

I do, however, see that "the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin."