JCISGD

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Christians, by the very nature of being human, do sin - they repent and are forgiven, but they are not sinless...

and... every person we meet does NOT have the love of Jesus in them.... it would be lovely if they did - but they don't. Your comments sound so very new-age and can you provide Scripture that says everyone has Jesus in them? :noidea:

I am not saying that everyone has the love of Jesus in them. I am saying you can meet Jesus in everyone even if they hate Jesus you can meet Jesus in them. This happens when we become born again. Becoming born again is mystical and is a gift from the Holy Ghost.

So - even if they HATE Jesus we can meet Jesus in them? Just how does that happen? You throw being born again out there but it has nothing to do with how people who HATE Jesus actually HAVE Jesus in them.... Did George Fox explain this?

Jesus is love. Jesus is love for other people. Say you meet your friend. You love him so much but he hates God because he wants to be rich and have as much money as possible. You still love him though as God loves him. When you love him you serve love which is God (Jesus). Thus you meet Jesus in him even if he hates God.

When one becomes born again the Holy Ghost comes and opens one's eyes to this. When one becomes born again the Holy Ghost loves others thorugh us. We see Jesus in them and they see Jesus in us.

This is regular Christianity.

Grace to you,

The Jesus you see in the other is not His Spirit but the fact that he/she is made in the image of God.

Do you agree?

Peace,

Dave

Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation; Neither shall they say, Lo here! or lo there! for behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Now the Pharisees were not believers, nor did they hear the words of God, at least so as they knew. And in another verse it is explained that they would not enter in, but here we see that Jesus Christ, our Lord, told them that the kingdom of God was within them. Is this not so, or how do you explain this verse?

Edited by CBE1

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Supporting scripture?? :noidea:

oddly enough, that is the one thing that seeker has not offered at all in this whole thread.

Not a single verse, that I have seen, to back up anything he has said.

But hey, he has love in his heart so it matters not.

Say what you will but the Quakers make unbelievable oatmeal. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Christians, by the very nature of being human, do sin - they repent and are forgiven, but they are not sinless...

and... every person we meet does NOT have the love of Jesus in them.... it would be lovely if they did - but they don't. Your comments sound so very new-age and can you provide Scripture that says everyone has Jesus in them? :noidea:

I am not saying that everyone has the love of Jesus in them. I am saying you can meet Jesus in everyone even if they hate Jesus you can meet Jesus in them. This happens when we become born again. Becoming born again is mystical and is a gift from the Holy Ghost.

So - even if they HATE Jesus we can meet Jesus in them? Just how does that happen? You throw being born again out there but it has nothing to do with how people who HATE Jesus actually HAVE Jesus in them.... Did George Fox explain this?

Jesus is love. Jesus is love for other people. Say you meet your friend. You love him so much but he hates God because he wants to be rich and have as much money as possible. You still love him though as God loves him. When you love him you serve love which is God (Jesus). Thus you meet Jesus in him even if he hates God.

When one becomes born again the Holy Ghost comes and opens one's eyes to this. When one becomes born again the Holy Ghost loves others thorugh us. We see Jesus in them and they see Jesus in us.

Grace to you,

The Jesus you see in the other is not His Spirit but the fact that he/she is made in the image of God.

Do you agree?

Peace,

Dave

I agree that the other is made in the image of God but when one is born again one sees Jesus in others. One has to meet Jesus in others or one is still living in sin. Jesus is love for others. He came to earth so we could serve Him. He is the Light of hte world. John 3:21. He who does what is right (we are talking a non Christian here) comes to the light that his deeds may become manifested as having been wrought in God. A non-Christian that by grace has come to love and serve God finds that he still does not do things physically for God. The non-Christian then who loves God then accepts Jesus as God so that he can serve Jesus in everyone he meets.

Grace to you,

The Word of God, our re-proof for our Doctrine, states that the Blood of Jesus Saves us from sin, perod.

Here is a portion of our Statement of Faith;

We believe all mankind are sinful and are therefore subject to God

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/03/1989

This is getting nowhere. You are not answering questions - only stating "listen to the inner voice which is God". I doubt that the woman who put her baby in a microwave and was listening to her "inner voice" was listening to the voice of God.

great analogy.

seeker, a few years back, a houston woman drowned her five children, claiming that the voice of God told her to do so, to save them from hell. was that the voice of God? she certainly thought it was. how was she to know it wasn't?

James 1:13 - When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone

Easy LadyC. God does not ask us to do evil. I believe we can discern God's voice, will, or what have you, by seeing if it lines up with the character and law of God. At least that's a starting place isn't it?

Why are you putting words in my mouth about homosexuals? I am not even talking about homosexuals or people who kill children etc. Please keep focused.

you have been asked at least 15 times about these things, and you have never once answerd the questions, perhaps it is you that needs to focus.

If this is all about love, and nothing else matters, which is what you have said, then as long as the homosexuals are in love, they are good to go and in God's will, the heck with that silly written word.

As long as the lady killed her kids out of love to keep them safe, then she was in God's will, according to what you have said in this thread.

If you want to talk about ladies killing their kids and homosexuals start another thread.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Supporting scripture?? :noidea:

oddly enough, that is the one thing that seeker has not offered at all in this whole thread.

Not a single verse, that I have seen, to back up anything he has said.

But hey, he has love in his heart so it matters not.

Say what you will but the Quakers make unbelievable oatmeal. :thumbsup:

:24:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

and... every person we meet does NOT have the love of Jesus in them.... it would be lovely if they did - but they don't. Your comments sound so very new-age and can you provide Scripture that says everyone has Jesus in them? :thumbsup:

Grace to you,

Do you agree?

Peace,

Dave

Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation; Neither shall they say, Lo here! or lo there! for behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Now the Pharisees were not believers, nor did they hear the words of God, at least so as they knew. And in another verse it is explained that they would not enter in, but here we see that Jesus Christ, our Lord, told them that the kingdom of God was within them. Is this not so, or how do you explain this verse?

Jesus was telling them that the Kingdom was already amidst them in His person and that the Kingdom does not come from Observation or practice but comes from within the born again heart.

This does not support that everyone including the nonbeliever has Jesus in them. :noidea:

Peace,

Dave

If you want to talk about ladies killing their kids and homosexuals start another thread.

you are the one that said all that matters is love and what your inner voice says to you.

but you wont address these things?

why is that, even though they are about love and listening to your inner voice.

God is their judge not me and not you.

This is getting nowhere. You are not answering questions - only stating "listen to the inner voice which is God". I doubt that the woman who put her baby in a microwave and was listening to her "inner voice" was listening to the voice of God.

great analogy.

seeker, a few years back, a houston woman drowned her five children, claiming that the voice of God told her to do so, to save them from hell. was that the voice of God? she certainly thought it was. how was she to know it wasn't?

James 1:13 - When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone

Easy LadyC. God does not ask us to do evil. I believe we can discern God's voice, will, or what have you, by seeing if it lines up with the character and law of God. At least that's a starting place isn't it?

deepblue, i know it's a lot of pages to wade through, but you really need to wade through them to understand the context of my question. the whole point was trying to get seeker to figure out how something lines up with the character of God or not. his only answer is simply that whatever is of love is of God.

and... every person we meet does NOT have the love of Jesus in them.... it would be lovely if they did - but they don't. Your comments sound so very new-age and can you provide Scripture that says everyone has Jesus in them? :thumbsup:

Grace to you,

Do you agree?

Peace,

Dave

Jesus was telling them that the Kingdom was already amidst them in His person and that the Kingdom does not come from Observation or practice but comes from within the born again heart.

This does not support that everyone including the nonbeliever has Jesus in them. :noidea:

Peace,

Dave

When I am talking about Jesus being in everyone I am not talking of everyone obeying Jesus or eveyone being born again. I am explaining what sees when one becomes born again of the Spirit.