• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What you write here is very very true. Lots of cults and false teachings come from people claiming to be from God or that the teaching is of the Lord.

How do you tell? It is very important that you be able to tell. You must listen to God yourself. You must draw close to His Spirit in you. From there He will guide you as to what is correct and what is false.

Yes, but how do you tell?

(Oh, you aren't the one I asked the initial question to . . . but even still, what is your criteria or whatever?)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Yes I post on several sites

Don't get like that my friend and brother.

I agree that we shouldn't spread ourselves too thin. It can have the affect of watering down the message as not enough time can be given to inquiries.

You are so right, I have to be careful not to spread too thin.

Yes I post on several sites

Then you must come across 'Herald' the Sabbatarian who by his own admission copies and pastes onto over 100 different sites.

We hound him off our UK site (or at least I do) on the grounds that he doesn't come in order to fellowship in that he never posts to any thread except his own.

Don't get like that my friend and brother.

(I haven't been through the member's list.... maybe he's here and reading this :thumbsup: )

Mike.

PS (yeah....he's here alright....under 'herald2')

I will certainly be posting to other threads. No fun in just doing one's own!

Edited by Seeker100

What you write here is very very true. Lots of cults and false teachings come from people claiming to be from God or that the teaching is of the Lord.

How do you tell? It is very important that you be able to tell. You must listen to God yourself. You must draw close to His Spirit in you. From there He will guide you as to what is correct and what is false.

Yes, but how do you tell?

(Oh, you aren't the one I asked the initial question to . . . but even still, what is your criteria or whatever?)

I listen to God, but don't believe me, maybe I don't. Why take my word? Why take anyone's word? What is important for you is that you listen to God. He is always true. Man is often false. You are not alone. God's Spirit is always directing you. You follow it and then you are in God's will and can "see" what teachings are true and what teachings are false.

I listen to God, but don't believe me, maybe I don't. Why take my word? Why take anyone's word? What is important for you is that you listen to God. He is always true. Man is often false. You are not alone. God's Spirit is always directing you. You follow it and then you are in God's will and can "see" what teachings are true and what teachings are false.

you are still dancing the dance :thumbsup:

What should two Christians do when both think they are listening to God and what they are hearing is at odds with each other?

is there any other option you can think of out there other than that inner voice you are so taken with.

is it possible that satan can confuse people by being the inner voice?

You seem to have a problem with a lack of faith in the Holy Ghost. Please understand the Holy Ghost is real and is the most permanent stable entity of the universe. Trust Him!

You seem to have a problem with a lack of faith in the Holy Ghost. Please understand the Holy Ghost is real and is the most permanent stable entity of the universe. Trust Him!

no, I have the utmost faith in the Holy Spirit, that is why I trust His written word. It was the Holy Spirit that led the men to write the books of the bible.

it is your lack of faith in the Holy Spirit that causes you to discount and disparage the Written Word of God.

If you were to spend a little more time studying the written Word you would know that the Holy Spirit tells us we can be tricked by Satan.

You make the sciptures say what you want them to say and then say this is what God says.

You make the sciptures say what you want them to say and then say this is what God says.

no, that is what you and your little voice in your head do. I take God's word as it is written, I dont put the little voice in my head ahead of God's written word.

God teaches me the scriptures and I am always learning. Who teaches you?

The scriptures are of course correct if interpreted properly.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

no, that is what you and your little voice in your head do. I take God's word as it is written, I dont put the little voice in my head ahead of God's written word.

God teaches me the scriptures and I am always learning. Who teaches you?

The scriptures are of course correct if interpreted properly.

By whom? You really should back up your assertions, seeker, for time is short.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

no, I have the utmost faith in the Holy Spirit, that is why I trust His written word. It was the Holy Spirit that led the men to write the books of the bible.

it is your lack of faith in the Holy Spirit that causes you to discount and disparage the Written Word of God.

If you were to spend a little more time studying the written Word you would know that the Holy Spirit tells us we can be tricked by Satan.

RG~

Can you please explain your accusation that Seeker "discounts and disparages the Written Word of God"? The word 'disparage' means to belittle. Where has Seeker belittled the Bible? Forgive me, but I do not see it.

Thank you,

In Christ,

Gentlewind

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

It's almost got down to the old Chricken and egg syndrome.

Scriptures as translated from copies of lost originals to which God's Holy Spirit must be subordinate "because he wrote them"

or

The clearly established communicative work of The Holy Spirit in ensuring that what gets into the 'fleshy table' of the believers heart is the Living Word of God.

I defend everyone's right to choose whichever fits their established stance.

Mike

Grace to you,

Here is a snippet from Worthies Statement of Faith;

We believe that the 66 books of the Canon, from Genesis to Revelation are the exhaustive, inerrant and inspired word of God.

Peace,

Dave