~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Is it wrong to be obsessed about God? I think about Him a lot and have a great desire to learn more about Him every day. I come from a very conservative lutheran church and am beginning to feel like an alien there. I went to a Bible study on Wednesday and was heartbroken. For an hour they chit chatted a little bit, watched a movie about God (good movie!), talked for a little while after the movie, and then immediately when the hour had passed, the subject immediately switched over to the world...college, jobs, life, etc. Nobody said a word about God after the time was up, which left me feeling very sad. Don't get me wrong, these people were very gracious God-fearing people. It's just that I wanted to talk more about God. I had so many questions. I wanted to hear stories about how God worked in their lives that day. I wanted praise! I wanted PASSION! But it wasn't there. At least, it didn't feel that way. Do you think I am maybe a bit too obsessed with God? Is that possible?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,076
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Is it wrong to be obsessed about God? I think about Him a lot and have a great desire to learn more about Him every day. I come from a very conservative lutheran church and am beginning to feel like an alien there. I went to a Bible study on Wednesday and was heartbroken. For an hour they chit chatted a little bit, watched a movie about God (good movie!), talked for a little while after the movie, and then immediately when the hour had passed, the subject immediately switched over to the world...college, jobs, life, etc. Nobody said a word about God after the time was up, which left me feeling very sad. Don't get me wrong, these people were very gracious God-fearing people. It's just that I wanted to talk more about God. I had so many questions. I wanted to hear stories about how God worked in their lives that day. I wanted praise! I wanted PASSION! But it wasn't there. At least, it didn't feel that way. Do you think I am maybe a bit too obsessed with God? Is that possible?

I think God would say absolutely not. :emot-wanttohug:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Do you think I am maybe a bit too obsessed with God? Is that possible?

Hardly!

Look at the Psalms -

"I was glad when they said to me,

'Let us go to the House of the Lord!'"

Or Psalm 84 (check it out).

I'd say you are right where you should be. (The people in the church you mentioned . . . they are the ones who are out of touch.)

• Topic Count:  346
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Sounds like your a born again believer! Welcome to the family!!! By this you know that you have a citizenship in Heaven, in the book of life! We all love to talk about God and think about God... this is not our world!!!

John 17:14-16

14I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 15My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.

Ephesians 2:19-22

19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit. <-thats why you can't stop thinking about him! What happens in a temple?! :emot-wanttohug:

1 Peter 2:11

Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul.

Hallelujah!!

• Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Thanks for your replies. I was raised in this church and don't want to leave it but I do feel different than them. For some time I've been alien to this world, but now I feel an alien in my own church. It's almost like they don't want to question anything. Everything is written and understood the same way by everyone in the church (hence the term "spoon fed"). It is since I decided to do my own searching for God that I broke away from this. I had (and still have) a great desire to be fed straight from the mouth of God...not from people. I do not believe there is a church that is 100% correct. I don't believe there is a person that is 100% correct. Only God knows everything. I feel as if it is wrong for me to even question anything in this church. Everything seems set in stone and unopen to interpretation of my own. At the same time I feel like I have more passion than these people, perhaps these people are meant to keep me grounded in God? I could literally talk all day about God. Maybe I need people like this to bring me back to "real life".

Please don't misunderstand me. I do not feel that I am a better child of God than these people. (The last will be first, and the first will be last.) I just feel an emptiness among them. A silence in the church. Sleepiness. I want to shake them and tell them to wake up because God is AWESOME!!!

• Topic Count:  346
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I feel the same way, I'm in a orthodox church. And for a long time i searched and went to other churchs yet I did not feel comofrtable in any of them. Or because I refused to take part in something they told me, I can't be a member of their church(pretty cold). So I came back to the orthodox church which my mom had been bothering me for a long time to return to. Well... I found out later that it was GOD speaking through my mom that was telling me to come back to the Orthodox church.

I later found out God wanted me to be there so I can "Feed truth to My (God's) youth".. those were his words. So pray about it. If God says to stay there, perhaps He wants you to feed truth to His youth there? Ever think about teaching Sunday school? ..those people need to be saved you know. Just as you are. As for both of us who are Aliens... we have the best teacher in the world and the whole wide universe.. His name is the Holy Spirit and He shares the same body as us!

Here is the kicker.. after about a month or so when I started teaching, I found out that in my church there were people like me!! Who knew the truth! And they were people who I knew for a long long time!!! Who loved God as much as I do and do have a personal relationship with Him!! There are 4 of us! So we are not lonely! Previously all of us were moaning because of how no one knew the truth at our church until God set us up to speak to each other! It was so funny!!

Just pray and do whatever God wishes you to do, He will provide a companion! :emot-wanttohug:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Is it wrong to be obsessed about God?

Well since its His Spirit that places that desire in our hearts then how could it be wrong? :24:

You're being filled with His Spirit and should rejoice in is love. :24:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Col 3:2-3 MKJV Be mindful of things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life has been hidden with Christ in God.

You are fine sis :24: .

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, so what have you learned about God?