• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Just exactly where do you choose to start interpretting literally? Jesus spoke of the flood literally, are you mocking His understanding?

I'm not mocking anything, I'm just pointing out that it seems a bit silly to try and logically answer such a trivial question involving an event which requires you to say that God not only supernaturally intervened but He did so in just such a way as to leave absolutely no evidence behind to indicate this global flood occurred and overwhelming misleading evidence indicating that it didn't happen. If we're going to suspend physics, geology, and science this much to account for the flood and all its aftereffects why worry about something so trivial making "sense"? Eric has it right, the bible doesn't tell us why and no matter your interpretation it doesn't matter anyway.

Lurker

you, sir, are mocking. you are mocking people who believe in a literal world-wide flood. you are mocking those whose minds are into exploration beyond the written Word. you are mocking God and His Word, because the proof in His Word says the opposite of the "proof" you choose to believe.

Maybe the flood buried your monkey so deep you will never find it Lurker....... :) I still have mine, it was on the Ark where God put it......

But Eric is right, and it's a point you continually miss. It's about faith and Loving Jesus, the rest is sort of not important.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of like the refuse you shovel out, huh Lurker?

Awwwwww, be nice to Lurker. He's like a chimp at a Mensa social. Not very helpful, but hilarious to watch. :laugh:

:):blink:-_-

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to why after the Flood the Lord commanded Noah and his family to eat meat.

Wait a minute, unless I am missing something this is what God said?-

Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.

Gen 9:4 But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. (ESV)

Unless there was another command I have missed, what God was actually saying is you can eat meat, but not meat with it's blood. So not so much as a command to eat meat, but not to eat meat with blood?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What I see is that before the Flood, they did not eat animals (meat). Afterward, the Lord is telling them that animals can be food for them, just like plants. But, they are not allowed to eat the blood of the animals.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to why after the Flood the Lord commanded Noah and his family to eat meat.

Wait a minute, unless I am missing something this is what God said?-

Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.

Gen 9:4 But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. (ESV)

Unless there was another command I have missed, what God was actually saying is you can eat meat, but not meat with it's blood. So not so much as a command to eat meat, but not to eat meat with blood?

The verses you quoted are post flood giving them permission to eat meat I guess. Gen. 1:29-30 says this

And God said, "See, I have given you every herb that yields seeds which is on the face of the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seeds; to you is shall be for food. Also to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food; and it was so."

Seems even the animals and birds ate seeds, fruit and grain before the flood. I always thought the reason God gave them meat to eat was because the fields and harvests had been destroyed. We read that it seems it wasn't too long after that crops were sown since Noah had a vineyard.

Mizz

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

That is why I look at the flood as the turning into another age for mankind.

What I see is that before the Flood, they did not eat animals (meat). Afterward, the Lord is telling them that animals can be food for them, just like plants. But, they are not allowed to eat the blood of the animals.

:blink: I should have picked that up, but had a brain freeze..... :blink:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Why do we need a logical reason? I mean given that we've already suspended the laws of physics to imagine a global flood that covered the entire earth for a year whilst somehow not killing most fish, insects, and plants and at the same time leaving no geological, biological, or genetic evidence behind? Surely this can't stand out as much of a sticking point. Maybe Noah was really hungry after shoveling refuse out a tiny window non-stop for a year in a math-defying effort to keep a physics-defying vessel afloat? Maybe herbivores were dropping like flies because most of their vegetation was dead? Maybe steaks rained from the sky?

Lurker

You have absolutely no clue about the Bible, the Christian faith or the Lord we serve. Why do you insist you're a believer, Lurker? You don't believe anything a Christian believes. I'm continuing to pray for you to come out of your delusional state. I would like to see you in the Kingdom with us.

Eating meat after the Flood - why?

Because Doritos and Pop Tarts weren't invented yet.

:cool: I think we need a 'no-no' emoticon, wyguy.

Kind of like the refuse you shovel out, huh Lurker?

Awwwwww, be nice to Lurker. He's like a chimp at a Mensa social. Not very helpful, but hilarious to watch. ;)

:24::24::24::24::24::24:

ok. i proclaim my ignorance. mensa social?

:cool:

A social gathering for members of Mensa

you just had to make me work for it, didn't you?

no wonder i didn't know what it was!

:35:

:laugh: