IGNORED

Evolutionists: Why is it so important to you?

nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I was wondering why evolution - promoting it, getting people to believe it - is so important to evolutionists?

As a Christian, I can understand why promoting Creationism is important to Christians - because of our faith.

But evolutionists, why does it matter to you what people believe or not with regards to the distant past? So what if people believe the Earth is young? So what if parents want their children to be taught their beliefs? What is it to you?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Neb, when I asked by non believing brother in law that question, he related to me that he was pushing that there is no God as much as he was evolution itself.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  71
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Why is evolution so important?

Simply because it is true.

Read Karl Giberson on it.

That isn't the quesiton, Hal.

Why is it important to you to convince everyone to be convinced of it?

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Read Karl Giberson on it.

It's important for you guys to peddle because, as the article states,.....'Most evangelicals grow up believing that evolution is a creation story for atheists.' And they're right on the money with that view. :blink:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I have atheist friends who believe in evolution (some of them I have known for years). It is strange but I get the feeling (from at least two of them, and I am not talking about anyone here), that they fear the future, that they are trying by any means to deny the existence of God, and that they will be eventually judged. Both of them will for instance not attend funerals, and avoid hospitals (even for visits). I sense fear, but I also sense pride, in that neither of them are the personality type that will surrender to anything (let alone say sorry), and therefore cannot as yet surrender themselves to God.

Humans, and being who they are, try and convince others, as if more people that believe them and joined them would make it more believable.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I have atheist friends who believe in evolution (some of them I have known for years). It is strange but I get the feeling (from at least two of them, and I am not talking about anyone here), that they fear the future, that they are trying by any means to deny the existence of God, and that they will be eventually judged. Both of them will for instance not attend funerals, and avoid hospitals (even for visits). I sense fear, but I also sense pride, in that neither of them are the personality type that will surrender to anything (let alone say sorry), and therefore cannot as yet surrender themselves to God.

Humans, and being who they are, try and convince others, as if more people that believe them and joined them would make it more believable.

Very interesting perspective, fez. I had never considered that point of view. It's terribly sad that, regardless of how many jump on that bandwagon, it's final destination is still hell.

• Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

It's sad really. What they are displaying is not faith. As others have suggested they are displaying fear of judgment. They seek the company of like minded people to tickle their ears and tell them that they are not bad people for being selfish or proud. They wish to find or create an environment wherein their actions are considered acceptable or even good. Basically they are all seeking assurance from other people that there is no God and that, when they die, they will not be punished for all the things they have done that deep inside them they know were wrong. They are too proud to repent and therefore resist submitting themselves to God's will.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

It's sad really. What they are displaying is not faith. As others have suggested they are displaying fear of judgment. They seek the company of like minded people to tickle their ears and tell them that they are not bad people for being selfish or proud. They wish to find or create an environment wherein their actions are considered acceptable or even good. Basically they are all seeking assurance from other people that there is no God and that, when they die, they will not be punished for all the things they have done that deep inside them they know were wrong. They are too proud to repent and therefore resist submitting themselves to God's will.

Exactly, there is going to be no negotiation, just judgement. And "I thought I was right", just won't cut it.

OK, so I am hearing Christians saying why they believe evolutionists need to convince of us evolution.

But I have yet to hear an evolutionist explain why they are obsessed with convincing Creationists to become evolutionists.