Do We Answer the Census or Not?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,884
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

I did the census last week, took me all of three minutes if that.

Mine was one page, just a couple basic questions.

I had a short form which most people receive from what I understand.

After all the jabber about the census, I was sort of disappointed that was all there was. :thumbsup:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

This was covered in a lengthy thread here earlier (Friday - March 19). The questions contain the same requests for information from past censuses.

and if you visited it after you made your comments, you'll see that I provide proof that you're wrong.

No offense - but I didn't read your comments. My census questionnaire looks much like those I've received before - maybe it's just YOUR census. Maybe THEY sent YOU a different one........could be..... :consoling2:

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,

and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,

and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,

and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Catholics,

and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

THEN THEY CAME for me

and by that time no one was left to speak up."

Yod, when they come for you and someone speaks up, they will simply kill you both, you're about a hundred years too late to do anything about it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

This was covered in a lengthy thread here earlier (Friday - March 19). The questions contain the same requests for information from past censuses.

and if you visited it after you made your comments, you'll see that I provide proof that you're wrong.

No offense - but I didn't read your comments. My census questionnaire looks much like those I've received before - maybe it's just YOUR census. Maybe THEY sent YOU a different one........could be..... :D

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,

and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,

and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,

and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Catholics,

and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

THEN THEY CAME for me

and by that time no one was left to speak up."

I'm not sure who 'they' are but I just haven't seen anyone coming for anybody. This is just the census; we've all done this before. The questionnaires have been sent out for years now, to a small sampling of the population, once a year. What is new here? :consoling2:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

I haven't even gotten one yet :blink: My parents got theirs....but not me.....

Should I be worried?... ;):emot-highfive:

Guest Butero

If it is just the 10 question census, I have no problem with answering it. If it is the intrusive long form, that is another story. From what I heard, the fines are only $100.00 unless you give false answers and then it is $500.00. It might be worth it to keep your privacy.

Guest shiloh357
I haven't even gotten one yet :taped: My parents got theirs....but not me.....

Should I be worried?... :):whistling:

Nah... LOL Just don't be fooled by scams. Evidently, and I heard this on the news, there are some scammers out there sending out fake Census forms and they ask for things like your social security number and your place of employment and stuff like that. The Census NEVER asks those kinds of questions, so if you get asked any really sensitive questions like that, you might want to call the Census Bureau.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/17/1958

Hello,

Jesus speaks to all who listen to his voice, You have not because you ask not , but when you ask, is it out of a selfish motive. The Lord new my heart about the rights I have under the very constitution that the law is suppose to give us, which is the right to privacy and the freedom of speech, amoung others. So I asked him what do I do if you command me to obey those in authority? If I have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, then why do I feel betrayed to have to render personal information to an entity that isn't suppose to give out my private information to the very people who are suppose to protect that right. The sensus bueruo is a private co. sworn not to share my private information to anyone, does this not include the federal government? But the truth is the very information we as a collective people give out, is used for political leverage and political favour for constituants to buy votes. So since I know this ,I asked the Lord too resolve what he knew in my heart was a division of a clear concience. So this is what he did for me. Our house had fallen under forclosure by our owner and we were forced to vacate by april 1st. The census came when I was not at home, and my wife told him what our situation was, and that she could not give him any information until her husband came home, so he said' Since you are moving and won't be here after april 1st, the census doesn't apply to you. God hears the prayers of the rightous, and they avaleth much

In Christ name

Mulling

I haven't gotten a form in the mail yet either. :noidea:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Hello,

Jesus speaks to all who listen to his voice, You have not because you ask not , but when you ask, is it out of a selfish motive. The Lord new my heart about the rights I have under the very constitution that the law is suppose to give us, which is the right to privacy and the freedom of speech, amoung others. So I asked him what do I do if you command me to obey those in authority? If I have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, then why do I feel betrayed to have to render personal information to an entity that isn't suppose to give out my private information to the very people who are suppose to protect that right. The sensus bueruo is a private co. sworn not to share my private information to anyone, does this not include the federal government? But the truth is the very information we as a collective people give out, is used for political leverage and political favour for constituants to buy votes. So since I know this ,I asked the Lord too resolve what he knew in my heart was a division of a clear concience. So this is what he did for me. Our house had fallen under forclosure by our owner and we were forced to vacate by april 1st. The census came when I was not at home, and my wife told him what our situation was, and that she could not give him any information until her husband came home, so he said' Since you are moving and won't be here after april 1st, the census doesn't apply to you. God hears the prayers of the rightous, and they avaleth much

In Christ name

Mulling

The Census Bureau is not a private company. It is a branch of the US Department of Commerce.

Hello,

In Christ name

Mulling

So that means what? You and your family just aren't counted? The census has been going on since the time of Mary and Joseph. It's not a conspiracy, it's an attempt to enumerate the population. I don't see how the census doesn't apply to you. :noidea: