IGNORED

Effects of the Health Care Law: Should You Worry?

nebula

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,178
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'm glad I'm retired. by the time this is all in place I'll be 65 and I can just go home and die.

Yes, but....I know its not going to take effect for a few years yet....but I'm getting high hike in taxes in July 2010....so they are collecting the tax right now....

By the way...I'm sure God is gonna have all kinds of stuff for you to do when you retire...you'll prolly live to 102... :cool:

You're probably right, though I'm not sure I really want t live that long. I would like to do some traveling around the US before we settle in. We'll start that this summer when my wife retires also.

Spent most of last week wiring a new staff residence building at our church camp.... I'm sure I'll be involved there and at church.

As for the health care bill, I'm not sure that I know enough about it to know if we should worry about it or not. I hear a lot of things, but I can't find most of that stuff actually in the bill, and it's way too big to just go surfing for things.

I've got a bit longer to spend on some nephilim research and maybe I'll get inside the thing then.

Whatever the case, most likely we'll get a change in government in November and by then we should know more about it. One of the good things about this country is that the government can't really do anything that can't be undone if need be in time.

All the unknowns did have a negative affect on my retirement, but we'll get by.

Might I ask what you are getting taxed on starting this year????

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

So, if they're going to count your health care package as income, get ready for a shock. I found out from HR that my company is shelling out over $6,000 dollars a year for my insurance; you never see this because it's paid by the employer. And, in other states or businesses, the amount is probably a lot higher.

Guest LadyC
Might I ask what you are getting taxed on starting this year????

she owns a tanning salon. the 10% tax on tanning salons begins in july.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,178
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Why, do they think she's causing skin cancer or something? Don't think i've ever read that it does...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

Why, do they think she's causing skin cancer or something? Don't think i've ever read that it does...

Yes, the FDA is comparing a tanning bed to climbing in a cloud of mustard gas..(I think thats the gas they used) I've heard cyanide used as a comparison too.

They are also thinking about taking the control from the parents too. So teenagers cannot tan even with parents permission.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

So, if they're going to count your health care package as income, get ready for a shock. I found out from HR that my company is shelling out over $6,000 dollars a year for my insurance; you never see this because it's paid by the employer. And, in other states or businesses, the amount is probably a lot higher.

We are allowed to pre-tax all our health care contributions from employer and employee ... I hope that isn't going to happen here because our health care package as a worth of about $11,600 a year... we have excellent benefits. :emot-questioned:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

The White House says the plan to expand coverage to 32 million uninsured Americans is mostly paid for by cuts to Medicare and increased taxes on the wealthy

I'll soon be 68 And I wonder ,what are the cuts to medicare going to be?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

It is crazy we have to pay for this now and not get the services for it til 4 years from now...that is flat out wrong!!!!!....I tell you...our country and goverment is broke....broke...its to pay them more money to pocket and live thier lavish life styles while we cannot afford to eat or live or pay rent!!!!!! people need to rise up now and march and demand, demand this all be done away with....this is so serious and if we don,t do something now...then the antichrist will have america lock, stock and barrel

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

We are allowed to pre-tax all our health care contributions from employer and employee ... I hope that isn't going to happen here because our health care package as a worth of about $11,600 a year... we have excellent benefits. :thumbsup:

Right now, The medical insurance paid by your employer is not counted as income on your W-2. If I read this bill right, it will be in the next couple of years. This is NOT good. :noidea: