WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.45
  • Content Count:  44,452
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

Even as prospects for the American economy brighten, consumers are about to face a new financial burden: a sustained period of rising interest rates.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/nytimes-com-...y-11rates-html/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Even as prospects for the American economy brighten, consumers are about to face a new financial burden: a sustained period of rising interest rates.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/nytimes-com-...y-11rates-html/

Well what can you expect with an interest rate of 0.5%, a minus figure? :group-hug:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

but, but, but, but.......... I thought that the messiah said that the 1 Trillion dollars we spent last year was going to stabilize the economy? I thought that Socialized National Health Care and the 3 trillion were spending on that was going to cure all our financial ills? I thought birds were going to be singing, and the air was going to be clean, and the water sweeter when we punished all those evil greedy corporate monsters and took control of their assets? :b: I thought everything was going to be all hopey changey? :group-hug::39:

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

but, but, but, but.......... I thought that the messiah said that the 1 Trillion dollars we spent last year was going to stabilize the economy? I thought that Socialized National Health Care and the 3 trillion were spending on that was going to cure all our financial ills? I thought birds were going to be singing, and the air was going to be clean, and the water sweeter when we punished all those evil greedy corporate monsters and took control of their assets? :39: I thought everything was going to be all hopey changey? :group-hug::24:

Yep same here where I am, but one day pigs might fly.......

But it is unreasonable to believe that any county can operate on a .5% interest rate :b: Ours is way higher and has not fluctuated that much in the last two years. But watch this space, the Soccer World Cup has to be paid for by somebody......

but, but, but, but.......... I thought that the messiah said that the 1 Trillion dollars we spent last year was going to stabilize the economy? I thought that Socialized National Health Care and the 3 trillion were spending on that was going to cure all our financial ills? I thought birds were going to be singing, and the air was going to be clean, and the water sweeter when we punished all those evil greedy corporate monsters and took control of their assets? :24: I thought everything was going to be all hopey changey? :group-hug::24:

But it is unreasonable to believe that any county can operate on a .5% interest rate :39: Ours is way higher and has not fluctuated that much in the last two years. But watch this space, the Soccer World Cup has to be paid for by somebody......

No problem bro. We're not headed for a simple adjustment in rates though. I believe that "runaway freight train stagflation" is headed for the U.S. and in short order. That is unless the American people prove their resolve and give this regime it's marching orders in November of this year. We will still feel the effects either way though. It's just that maybe, just maybe, we will be enabled to get a handle on it and start to turn the corner towards smart fiscal policy. :b:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

but, but, but, but.......... I thought that the messiah said that the 1 Trillion dollars we spent last year was going to stabilize the economy? I thought that Socialized National Health Care and the 3 trillion were spending on that was going to cure all our financial ills? I thought birds were going to be singing, and the air was going to be clean, and the water sweeter when we punished all those evil greedy corporate monsters and took control of their assets? :24: I thought everything was going to be all hopey changey? :group-hug::24:

But it is unreasonable to believe that any county can operate on a .5% interest rate :39: Ours is way higher and has not fluctuated that much in the last two years. But watch this space, the Soccer World Cup has to be paid for by somebody......

No problem bro. We're not headed for a simple adjustment in rates though. I believe that "runaway freight train stagflation" is headed for the U.S. and in short order. That is unless the American people prove their resolve and give this regime it's marching orders in November of this year. We will still feel the effects either way though. It's just that maybe, just maybe, we will be enabled to get a handle on it and start to turn the corner towards smart fiscal policy. :b:

We are yapping at your heels, as usual. They predict our interest rates to hit 10% within 2 years, currently at 4.25% and rising. When my parents paid off their mortgage, it raised to 17%. Imagine that :24: . That's like buying a house on a credit card.

Yep. :group-hug:

Let me tell you a story. I was a kid in the late seventies when Carter did the same thing that Obama is now doing. Only Obama is much worse and further Left than Carter ever was. Regardless, I remember sitting in gas lines on certain days as they rationed gasoline. Reagan came into office mocking the, "Salad Days of America are behind us stuff." He made us understand who we are and what we are capable of. :b: He gave us Hope again, not just a bumper sticker and class warfare slogan but real Hope and told us to have Faith in God.

I remember my older brother getting Married and trying to buy a house in the early eighties. The stagflation was so bad he was paying double digits on a MPDU (that's a low income house) home that he could barely scratch by on with an awesome salary. Same fiscal policies were in place only now they are three times more deadly with debt that we can't service. :39:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

but, but, but, but.......... I thought that the messiah said that the 1 Trillion dollars we spent last year was going to stabilize the economy? I thought that Socialized National Health Care and the 3 trillion were spending on that was going to cure all our financial ills? I thought birds were going to be singing, and the air was going to be clean, and the water sweeter when we punished all those evil greedy corporate monsters and took control of their assets? :b: I thought everything was going to be all hopey changey? :group-hug::39:

Interest rates have to rise and are doing so in all countries. Obama doesn't control the global economy, Dave.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

Yep. :thumbsup:

Let me tell you a story. I was a kid in the late seventies when Carter did the same thing that Obama is now doing. Only Obama is much worse and further Left than Carter ever was. Regardless, I remember sitting in gas lines on certain days as they rationed gasoline. Reagan came into office mocking the, "Salad Days of America are behind us stuff." He made us understand who we are and what we are capable of. :thumbsup: He gave us Hope again, not just a bumper sticker and class warfare slogan but real Hope and told us to have Faith in God.

1. Carter was one of the most openly Christian presidents we have ever had. Much more so than Reagan was.

2. The fiscal size of government was much larger under Reagan than under Carter.

3. Deficits were 4 times higher under Reagan than under Carter.

I remember my older brother getting Married and trying to buy a house in the early eighties. The stagflation was so bad he was paying double digits on a MPDU (that's a low income house) home that he could barely scratch by on with an awesome salary. Same fiscal policies were in place only now they are three times more deadly with debt that we can't service. :blink:

Your brother paid such a high interest rate because the Fed Chairman at the time, Paul Volker, had interest rates through the roof in order to choke inflation out of the economy in the early 80s. Interest rates remained relatively high throughout the Reagan years. Interest rates are dictated by monetary policy, not fiscal policy.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

but, but, but, but.......... I thought that the messiah said that the 1 Trillion dollars we spent last year was going to stabilize the economy? I thought that Socialized National Health Care and the 3 trillion were spending on that was going to cure all our financial ills? I thought birds were going to be singing, and the air was going to be clean, and the water sweeter when we punished all those evil greedy corporate monsters and took control of their assets? :noidea: I thought everything was going to be all hopey changey? :(:taped:

But it is unreasonable to believe that any county can operate on a .5% interest rate :emot-hug: Ours is way higher and has not fluctuated that much in the last two years. But watch this space, the Soccer World Cup has to be paid for by somebody......

No problem bro. We're not headed for a simple adjustment in rates though. I believe that "runaway freight train stagflation" is headed for the U.S. and in short order. That is unless the American people prove their resolve and give this regime it's marching orders in November of this year. We will still feel the effects either way though. It's just that maybe, just maybe, we will be enabled to get a handle on it and start to turn the corner towards smart fiscal policy. :24:

I don't personally believe that the united states has had smart fiscal policy at any point in the past 95 years. Centralized banking combined with non-metal backed fiat currency are always going to lead to a roller coaster ride. The first nationwide depression happened less than 20 years after the establishment of the federal reserve. There had only been one four year period of nationwide inflation in the previous 130 years, and that was during the civil war. It's interesting to look at to say the least.