Guest randomperson

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The Word also tells us that "He wouldn't give us more than we could handle" Is that a lie or contradiction? Someone who commits suicide didn't slip into sin instantly. It had to have been a slow, degenerative process.(back-slidden) not even back-sliding, there's a difference. If God is not going to give us more than we can handle, then the only other explanation is God was not in that individuals life, or one was simply rebelling and turning their backs on His voice. Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft. God knows those whom are His, and if we love Him we will obey His commandments. That does not mean we will walk in perfection, if we stumble we have an advocate, yet there's a difference in stumbling and down right rejection of who God is. Not saying I have the whole truth on the topic, it's just my current take. :blink:

Please don't judge me as harsh, I'd love to soften God's judgement down to allow everyone into heaven. Well just about everyone.lol. Is it possible that grace and easy salvation can and does sometimes get expanded beyond their limits? Does that ever happen???

Edited by PartnerInChrist

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Partner, as someone who has struggled with suicide, it isn't like that.

Imagine walking in unknown territory on a cold, foggy night, with no source of light and nothing warm to wear.

Oh, and add some scary sounds and eerie music being heard from somewhere . . . everywhere.

Would you call it rebellion, back-slidden, rejecting God to be in such a state?

As for the way out, the Lord did give me something to hang onto to keep from actually attempting to end my life, but it was a few decades before He brought me to the place of deliverance from the spirit of death.

And it was very difficult to make the choice not to end it all. Very difficult.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

The Word also tells us that "He wouldn't give us more than we could handle" Is that a lie or contradiction?

Hmm lets look into the word says exactly.

Old Testament Examples

1 Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea, 2 all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, 3 all ate the same spiritual food, 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ. 5 But with most of them God was not well pleased, for their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.

6 Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted. 7 And do not become idolaters as were some of them. As it is written,

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

The Word also tells us that "He wouldn't give us more than we could handle" Is that a lie or contradiction? Someone who commits suicide didn't slip into sin instantly. It had to have been a slow, degenerative process.(back-slidden) not even back-sliding, there's a difference. If God is not going to give us more than we can handle, then the only other explanation is God was not in that individuals life, or one was simply rebelling and turning their backs on His voice. Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft. God knows those whom are His, and if we love Him we will obey His commandments. That does not mean we will walk in perfection, if we stumble we have an advocate, yet there's a difference in stumbling and down right rejection of who God is. Not saying I have the whole truth on the topic, it's just my current take. :o

Please don't judge me as harsh, I'd love to soften God's judgement down to allow everyone into heaven. Well just about everyone.lol. Is it possible that grace and easy salvation can and does sometimes get expanded beyond their limits? Does that ever happen???

So from the above I am assuming you never sin

Oh and Partner if you want to see my views on judging, what I believe is proper and what is not

http://www.worthychristianforums.com/Judging-t124337.html

I just posted that!

Anyone notice that the person who started this thread has never been back?

I wonder why?

Good question.

:yadda:

Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 18:10

>>>>>()<<<<<

First off this is purely rhetorical, I am not suicidal, and very happy :noidea:.

I know the catholic church teaches that...

Anyways, are they right? My first inclination is no... it seems silly that if you don't specifically ask for forgiveness you are damned for all eternity, since it's God who saved you and nothing you did...

I've always thought Calvin's theories made more sense looking at scripture...

But it's kind of risky to gamble with your eternal soul you know? Even a 1% chance they're right...

Thoughts?

Oh My Yes! But To Summarize Them

You Lose

Because....

Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:34-39

Jesus Wins!

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Wherefore comfort one another with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18

Bless His Holy Name!

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1

I Love You LORD

I Love You

I disagree. There are many ways you can be sinning as you die that you can not as forgiveness for. What if you are in a fight with your spouse yelling and cursing at them, as you drive and get killed in a head on collision, with the curses on your lips. Would you go to hell because of it?

Now what does Jesus say?

Matthew 31

Now I am by no means endorsing suicide,

Then why would you give someone the "green light" by saying they won't end up in hell for committing such an act?

You may not be endorsing suicide, but by telling them what they want to hear, you may as well be.

If you are feeling these thoughts, then get help, and prayer and support.

Maybe by coming here they are seeking help and support and what do they get? Someone who tells them what they want to hear. After all, we are christians and we should know.........right?

The thing is, nobody knows for sure. Not even you.

I simply do not think it is an unforgivable sin.

You don't think it is, but you really don't know.

There was someone who asked this question awhile back. The only thing that was stopping them was not knowing. Suicide is a very serious issue. A life could be lost depending on the answer you give. Someones daughter or son, mother or father, husband or wife. If you had a loved one who came here asking that question, what is the answer you would want them to receive?

No I don't know. I never stated what I said was fact.

I was stating though that if we die while sinning in any way shape or form that does not mean a one way ticket to hell.

If you think that we should not tell the truth to save a life, I guess that is okay right?

I have talked people of out suicide before. I have a friend in my Church that did commit suicide. This has effected me. I just do not sugarcoat truth. If you think that I would tell someone, who is suicidal that it was okay, then you are wrong. I am saying that it may be possible to be forgiven it.

Now since this is a thread, a discussion board, and I am replying 16 pages in, and seeing that I have not really said anything really new, then I am not going to be the cause of some one else's death. Matter of fact, when I went through my dark day, and I read this thread, I was considering giving up and killing myself. I realized that its most likely not a one way ticket to hell, that actually brought me hope, I realized how selfish I was being, and how much, it was better for me to enter heaven at the right time, in His time, but not in my time. Truth does set people free

However, how about this, if what I said is true, and someone who's loved one has killed themselves, perhaps it will give them hope. . .