IGNORED

Is suicide an "unforgivable" sin

Guest randomperson

Guest LadyC

i stand by what i said.

the christian who has become so distraught that he has taken his life for whatever reason is not denied eternal life. so perhaps, since God is their judge, YOU need to get out of His seat.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyC

charitow, obviously i'm better at giving advice than taking my own. counting to ten didn't work for me either with this one.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,716
  • Content Per Day:  8.03
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

First off this is purely rhetorical, I am not suicidal, and very happy :24: .

I know the catholic church teaches that...

Anyways, are they right? My first inclination is no... it seems silly that if you don't specifically ask for forgiveness you are damned for all eternity, since it's God who saved you and nothing you did... I've always thought Calvin's theories made more sense looking at scripture...

But it's kind of risky to gamble with your eternal soul you know? Even a 1% chance they're right...

Thoughts?

It is certainly up to The Righteous Judge! but we say we give our lives to Christ! The last great act in suicide say its mine and I will do with it as I see fit! I certainly would not want to be in those shoes!!!!! :( Love Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

This is a good topic for discussion because we don't know all the answers and we are not meant to know all the answers. I will agree in most cases those that commit suicide are selfish towards the love ones left behind and it is a sin as stated in the Bible.

What about cases like the people that jumped out of the twin towers on 9-11, was it suicide when you knew in just a matter of minutes you were going to burn to death anyway, you can bet that those people waited to the very last minute to make that last decision of their life here on earth, I pray that none of us ever have to make that decision.

What about the people that lay their life down for another, it happens quit often when our men and women in uniform go to war to defend our freedom, example: how many times we heard of acts where a soldier would jump on a grenade to save his fellow soldiers. Would this act of bravery be considered suicide? Jesus said in John 15: 13 "No greater love has one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Speaking of Jesus, the greatest case known to man of one laying down his life for others. Jesus knowing he was going to die on the cross and he did it anyway for all of us, now that my friends is love and we surely can't call that suicide. Jesus knew the pain would only be a temporary part of time and that he was heading to life everlasting, which he proved to us that life everlasting was the truth. Jesus said in John 18:37 "I came into the world, to testify to the truth", that he did right to the cross and beyond.

As I said before we don't know all the answers and we are not meant to. I will say this to anybody reading this no matter how hard things might seem don't decide for yourself when it is your time to die. Pray to God to lift your burdens off your shoulders, put your troubles into his hands and let God decide when it is your time to enter the gates of heaven.

Outside of a true mental disorder for which one might not be accountable.... Suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness.

It has little if any concern for those left behind... friends, parents, spouse, children, etc.

It is woe is me, I can't take it any longer, blah, blah, blah.

They probably created an overwhelming situation by not taking responsibility for their actions and now the do it again.

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 13:34-35

There Are Battlefield Casualties

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

James 3:17

But God Knows His Kids

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

John 10:27-29

Truly

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/25/1966

Only God knows what someone's mental status is at the time or the level of mental illness that the person might have.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Suicide is self-murder. Can God forgive it? Listen to 1 John 1:7, "...and ther blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin." And also 1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful & just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Zowie, sounds fairly complete, no? :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/01/1956

This is a good topic for discussion because we don't know all the answers and we are not meant to know all the answers. I will agree in most cases those that commit suicide are selfish towards the love ones left behind and it is a sin as stated in the Bible.

What about cases like the people that jumped out of the twin towers on 9-11, was it suicide when you knew in just a matter of minutes you were going to burn to death anyway, you can bet that those people waited to the very last minute to make that last decision of their life here on earth, I pray that none of us ever have to make that decision.

What about the people that lay their life down for another, it happens quit often when our men and women in uniform go to war to defend our freedom, example: how many times we heard of acts where a soldier would jump on a grenade to save his fellow soldiers. Would this act of bravery be considered suicide? Jesus said in John 15: 13 "No greater love has one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Speaking of Jesus, the greatest case known to man of one laying down his life for others. Jesus knowing he was going to die on the cross and he did it anyway for all of us, now that my friends is love and we surely can't call that suicide. Jesus knew the pain would only be a temporary part of time and that he was heading to life everlasting, which he proved to us that life everlasting was the truth. Jesus said in John 18:37 "I came into the world, to testify to the truth", that he did right to the cross and beyond.

As I said before we don't know all the answers and we are not meant to. I will say this to anybody reading this no matter how hard things might seem don't decide for yourself when it is your time to die. Pray to God to lift your burdens off your shoulders, put your troubles into his hands and let God decide when it is your time to enter the gates of heaven.

Very Good!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/01/1956

Suicide is self-murder. Can God forgive it? Listen to 1 John 1:7, "...and ther blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin." And also 1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful & just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Zowie, sounds fairly complete, no? :thumbsup:

How doe that tie in with this?

Hebrews 10:26-28

26 For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain terrifying expectation of judgment, and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries.

NASB

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Hebrews 10 has reference to the "better way" - and the one true way now - of faith in Christ Jesus as opposed to the Old Testament Mosaic Code. The Apostle John is fairly explicit, is he not, with reference to God's willingness & expressed dsire to forgive all confessed sin without exception? How can there be excepted sin when the Lord thru His prophet stresses completemess in His power to forgive? Thank You, Lord Jesus, for Your gladsome willingness to fogive and, yes, forget! AMEN! :thumbsup: