• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1987

How do you know when God wants you to do something specific right away? For example, if He wants you to talk to a certain person about something, or go to a certain place, or start/stop a certain action, how does he let you know? Does He tell you audibly in a loud voice or is there something you need to do to find out? I've tried praying and listening but I never hear anything inside me. I have been wondering about this a lot for some reason the last couple of days. I'd just like to know what you guys think.

Peace out,

Josh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Peace in Josh,

Who were you supposed to talk to? What were you supposed to do?

Jesus Christ was an Obedient Son. :D Nothing more pleasing. :il:

So why have you been thinking about it?

Did you feel like you didn't do something you were called to do?

You may already have your answer?

Obedience will often require action on your part.

Hearing God requires practice. It requires putting yourself in a place where you can hear Him. Then it requires listening and patience. Something us humans don't have much knack for. We want a drive-thru window God experience.

Sometimes Gods speaking is so clear? We overlook it as coincidence.

Spend some one on one time with God and get used to His voice.

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Interesting question...there are so many ways God could speak to us. Take for example the story of Moses, as well as Samuel. In this day and age things have come to change a great deal, God still has his way of talking to us. Whether it is through his word, through a sermon you hear at church or perhaps by some other means.

As of perhaps a month ago, upon hearing a church sermon I felt a calling to go into ministry. There truly are no words to describe the feeling that I had that day.

All I can tell you is that when you have a calling you will know. When you feel as though God is pulling you in a certain direction, it will also be made clear to you.

Even in my daily walk I have had signs. Take for instance many of the friends I have had throughout my life, after I decided to walk this path many of my relationships with them began to change, and unfortunately many of them have been lost to me. This could be on account of several reasons. Could be wrong on this but perhaps this was God's way of telling me to seek out good Christian motivators.

I appologize if I have been of little help, but in a way this is all very new to me also.

With Love In Christ,

Danielle

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

Hey Slim- let me tell you- I have that same question! You're not alone- believe me! From what I've learned and experienced, here are a couple of ways:

1. when you feel a conviction and at the same time, a peace about something that's the Holy Spirit moving in your life

2. God speaks through spiritually mature Christians- I'm going through this now.. and you'll know when He's speaking- the lightbulbs go off! It all comes together and it all makes sense. He plans it all perfectly- it falls into place.

3. God speaks to you through His Word. Before you read your Bible, pray that God will reveal Himself to you. And He will.

These are just a few ways... (Most likely) God will not speak to you in an audible voice- and as Dr. Luke said, it is sometimes so clear it will seem like a coincidence. Let me tell you, I don't believe in coincidences.. it's really just God's plan working together. Romans 8:28

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

How do you know when God wants you to do something specific right away? For example, if He wants you to talk to a certain person about something, or go to a certain place, or start/stop a certain action, how does he let you know? Does He tell you audibly in a loud voice or is there something you need to do to find out? I've tried praying and listening but I never hear anything inside me. I have been wondering about this a lot for some reason the last couple of days. I'd just like to know what you guys think.

Peace out,

Josh

I cannot talk for everyone. God talks to us in many different ways. Some have dreams some have visions others feel the definite Spirit lead conscience calling out to them to take action.

1 Timothy 1:5

Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,

All praise The Ancient of Days

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Joh

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

If are in close communication and fellowship with God, constantly seeking Him...I believe He will "speak" to you through giving you thoughts or ideas, He will compel you to do something. Something EXTREMELY important though...you must ALWAYS weigh these thoughs at against Scripture. God will NEVER tell you to do something that contradicts His character or His Word.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

And to know the voice of the Shepherd, you must listen and spend time in His Word. THat is how you will come to recognize His voice. Then, if you are feeling compelled towards something/some work, you will know whether or not it contradicts or is in-line with God's character and instruction, by knowing His Word. I can easily tell when the Lord is calling on something specific, because of the tugging at my heart and mind. Then, if it aligns with His Word, and if you are married, your spouse will be at peace with it as well, also there are usually confirmations that come through the hearing of the Word or the reading of His Word. God normally lets us know ahead of time, when He is desiring a life change, He will subtly clue you in ahead of time, and then you must be observant and listen. His call is the working together of His Holy Spirit and His Word in unison within you. He will bring Truth.

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. 12 I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

Many times the calling to do a particular thing, is very easy to recognize. Is it a calling to do or speak something in particular to a friend or loved one? Is it specifically in line with God's Word? Will it be a loving thing for that person, a right thing for them? Then you know without a doubt that you must do so in love.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

I forgot to mention that we must be careful of doing something because we "felt" like it was the thing to do. Humans are notorious for acting out of emotions, and then finding out it was the wrong thing to do. We cannot always trust our hearts, that is why it is crucial to take hold of God's Word for guidance, and not ourselves.

Jer. 17:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it? 10 I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, Even to give every man according to his ways, According to the fruit of his doings.

1 John 3:20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. 21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/23/1987

slimshady,

of course god is silent... this is how he tests your faith. you need to read the word and come to your conclusions through the bible. think... how would jesus handle the situation? i think that's the best question you could ask yourself.

keep praying. eventually you will realize what you need to do... or you could talk to your friends or talk to your pastor about the situation.

are you asking in regards to the little things (i.e. should i get that shirt) because most of that stuff that has no eternal value whatsoever. god will never audibly scream at you to "get that shirt instead." heh... sorry it was the best example i could think of at the moment. please correct me anyone if you think i am way off on this.