• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,870
  • Content Per Day:  8.05
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

What do ya'll think about Gap Theory? I think the theory goes that after Gen 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the Earth" then He gave the Earth to Lucifer to reign over (under God of course). That is where the dinosaurs and prehistoric life existed. Once Lucifer became prideful because of his prince hood over Earth and rebelled against God, God took the Earth away from Lucifer and destroyed the Earth as it existed then. Which led to Genesis 1:2 "And the Earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep."

In other words, God did not originally create the Earth without form and void; it became this was after a cataclysmic happening; this happening was the revolt of Lucifer against God, which took place some time in the dateless past.

"And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." The moving of the Holy Spirit signified and signifies the beginning of life as we know it.

What say you?

Where there is little we should speak the same. Respect God's Holy Word by good Biblical exegesis. Or else one will find themselves using God's Word for their own purpose clearly shown in the temptation of Christ by how satan used omission of the entire context to support His use of God's Word for his own purpose!

2 Tim 3:16-17

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

NKJV

This is an entire life effort of rightly dividing the Word of God to perform good work unto God. (35 words) directing every man woman and child to perfecting through themselves a glory to God in the highest and on earth peace- God's good will toward man- and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

Love Steven

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

people actually believe this?? using what evidence?

From what I've seen it's always using secular "evidence" of evolution and then saying "well it had to happen somewhere."

Do you actually know what evolution is? Evolution is not false. Simply it is this. I will use this example that helped me understand. Imagine you have strep throat. You have a bunch of bacteria that a living in your throat causing this. You are given an antibotic to take over a 10 day period. You take it the first day, you wipe out some of the bacteria. You take the second day...same happens, third day, fourth day the same thing. You begin to feel better so you stop taking the antibotic. Now what you dont know is that some of those bacteria are still alive. What does this mean? It means that some of the bacteria had a sort of resistance to that antibotic, this was not developed, it was already there. That is why the doctors want to take it for the full 10 days in hopes that the bacteria cant outlast the antibotic. Now what happens after you start to feel sick again. You begin to take that antibotic but it does not work, why because not only did you not kill those bacteria that had this resistance, but they have reproduced bacteria that have this resistance.

Also evolution is not a theory, I used to think this too. Evolution is the phenomenon. The actual Theory is Natural Selection. Now while I do take issue with a few things that are espoused with the theory of naural selection, I cant dispute that evolution takes place. Now what i actually wrote is just a very base understanding, but the thing is you probably should research just a bit, before you throw it out the window. I actually believe that Darwin (who by the way was not the "founder" of this ) was on to a few things, but went wayward.

Now I do believe that the Gap theory is plausible, I know we have had threads on it before. I will see what I can find sometime this weekend hopefully.

I grasp the flawed logic behind the lie of evolution. I just don't make it a practice to try to fit a theory developed and pushed mostly by those attempting to disprove God's truth into the Word.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

The Gap Theory is just that, a theory. I personally believe there are things we are not going to know of the real truth until we get to heaven.

Do you know the definition of theory? I used to say those same things, but have now been corrected. What you are thinking about is a hypothesis, but then that has to be an educated guess. A theory is actually made after going through the sceintific steps. Theorys are not made without facts to support them. Honestly these are things that I didnt know, but now I do. Now I can be a little more careful if our Daddy desires for me to speak to one who relys on science. To say it is just a theory is to be ignorant of what a theory is.

Yes a matter of fact I do know the definition of theory, the definition of theory is.....supposition to account for something; system of rules and principles; rules and reasoning, etc. as distinguished from practice.

Now the key word in this definition is supposition, the definition of supposition is....assumption; belief without proof; conjecture.

There is another key word conjecture, the definition of conjecture is....guess, guesswork.

I don't think we need the definition of guess or guesswork.

Thank you Mr. Webster

Relax ruck1b, you asked me if I know the definition of theory and I gave it, what it all boils down to is guesswork (by definition) :whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Do you actually know what evolution is? Evolution is not false. Simply it is this. I will use this example that helped me understand. Imagine you have strep throat. You have a bunch of bacteria that a living in your throat causing this. You are given an antibotic to take over a 10 day period. You take it the first day, you wipe out some of the bacteria. You take the second day...same happens, third day, fourth day the same thing. You begin to feel better so you stop taking the antibotic. Now what you dont know is that some of those bacteria are still alive. What does this mean? It means that some of the bacteria had a sort of resistance to that antibotic, this was not developed, it was already there. That is why the doctors want to take it for the full 10 days in hopes that the bacteria cant outlast the antibotic. Now what happens after you start to feel sick again. You begin to take that antibotic but it does not work, why because not only did you not kill those bacteria that had this resistance, but they have reproduced bacteria that have this resistance.

Mutation....... :whistling:

Gap theory fits in with evolution theory, both just theories, but when stacked against the Truth of the Word, both collapse and have to be held together with a spiderweb of guesswork, suppositions and half truths.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

What do ya'll think about Gap Theory? I think the theory goes that after Gen 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the Earth" then He gave the Earth to Lucifer to reign over (under God of course). That is where the dinosaurs and prehistoric life existed. Once Lucifer became prideful because of his prince hood over Earth and rebelled against God, God took the Earth away from Lucifer and destroyed the Earth as it existed then. Which led to Genesis 1:2 "And the Earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep."

In other words, God did not originally create the Earth without form and void; it became this was after a cataclysmic happening; this happening was the revolt of Lucifer against God, which took place some time in the dateless past.

"And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." The moving of the Holy Spirit signified and signifies the beginning of life as we know it.

What say you?

:whistling: O.K, God destroyed the earth because of the rebellion of satan! God recreates the earth and allows the existence of satan to remain! :emot-hug: Parker you are brighter then this!

1. The premise of this theory is enormously unscriptual, as well as the theory.

2. Highly illogical

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

Do you actually know what evolution is? Evolution is not false.

Evolution=Change over time. Change through time, cumulative change. Like History, societies have change through time or have cumulitve change. In biologoy, a change in gene frequencies over generations. Like in my genes are different from my grandparents. Decent with modification, which is Darwins term. Breeders of dogs are example of this. All of these happen within their same species. Not pinetrees to dogs.

The issue with Darwins theory of evolution is that he claims that his theory explains the origins of all the diversity of life. This theory does not include God of the Bible and therefore is santanic at its core. The Bible teaches that God created all life and that these life forms reproduced after themselves. So in this respect evolution is false.

Also evolution is not a theory, I used to think this too. Evolution is the phenomenon.

Wrong! it is a theory. The true phenomenon is the mind of God! His creation reflects His wisdom, by the complex design of all He has created. The only thing that is phenomenal about evolution and its supporters, is that afet all of there study and observations they still conclude that there is no God.

I cant dispute that evolution takes place.

Except for anthropoids to humans, pintrees to dogs, no fossils of transitional creatures or commom ancestor, orgins of life, account for all the information/dna of the gene, order in the universe. In these regards evolution has been disputed.

Now I do believe that the Gap theory is plausible,

Only people who accept all aspects of evolution as fact, would accept this gap theory.

e

Guest shiloh357

What say you?

The gap theory has no biblical basis in fact.

1. The gap theory hinges on the tranlsation of "was" (Heb. hayah) in Gen. 1:2. Some try to claim that it means "became" instead of "was." There is no exegetical basis for this.

Genesis 1:1 is a synopsis. 1:2 to the end of the chapter is a description of how verse 1 was accomplished.

2. The gap theory is often presented as a way of reconciling the Bible with Evolution. The problem is that the gap theory imagines that God created a former earth that was destroyed as a result of sin. It is imagined that this is period of time of the dinosaurs, Neanderthals, etc. as well as the fall of Satan from heaven to earth. The war in heaven ends up banishing Satan and 1/3 of the angels to earth, where they corrupt the people living there and force God to judge that earth and utterly destroy all living creatures and the plant life as well.

This flies in the face of God's character. God has never judged the entirety of humanity beyond the point of the possibility of redemption.

3. The Bible teaches that sin came to earth through Adam. The gap theory teaches that sin was already in the earth prior to Adam and that this earth has been built on top of the bones of those fallen members of a pre-existent human race. The Bible teaches that sin and death are the product of Adam's fall in the garden. Death was not engineered by God into His creation.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I think the man was just asking for genuine feedback, not a bashing.

Thank you! I have never said that I believed in the theory. Man you guys are mean some times. Can't even have a civil conversation!!

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Well, we all know that there have been dinosaur fossils found. When did these beings live, where did they come from, and what killed them? I'm not interested in any answer that evolutionists have to offer, but rather what young Earth Christians ( of which I am one) have to say about it. And please don't attack me as if I am teaching some foreign theology as yall did in the beginning of this thread. BTW, I'm a 7 day creation guy.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

The Gap Theory is just that, a theory. I personally believe there are things we are not going to know of the real truth until we get to heaven.

:emot-pray: