• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The way our society has different ideas of what it means to be a Christian (I mean, how many people believe they are Christians yet have never repented of their sins and made Jesus the Lord of their lives?), I was pondering different questions one could ask to get at where their heart really is.

One question came to mind, and it impressed me because it isn't a question I know I couldn't give a pat answer to. :whistling:

Background: we know that being born again means the Holy Spirit lives inside us, right?

OK, so the question that came to mind was:

What does the Holy Spirit mean to you?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

At this point in my life I think the Holy Spirit means letting go of all control and giving the wheel to God to work in my life. Even though I feel a certain way, that doesn't mean that is the way it is. The way I see it right now is I have two choices: I can do it my way (natural)...or I can do it God's way (spiritual). For me, it's a battle at all times fighting the flesh. The Holy Spirit is always in us...but I think we can choose to not listen to Him. At least, that's what I've been doing.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1959

Ask the person to relate to you their salvation experiance. Where they're heart is really at right now may not reflect whether or not they are a christian.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  283
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  04/01/1983

The Holy Spirit means I'm an Holy Vessel/Temple of the Lord God (II Timothy 2:20-21; I Corinthians 3:16;6:19-20). I should say having the Holy Spirit in me means I have comfort (John 14:26) along with all the wisdom of God within my spirit (I John 2:20,27; I Corinthians 2:14-16).

But more important than anything else is having the indwelling of the Holy Spirit means I'm part of the Household of God.

Romans 8:14-16

14) For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15) For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have receive the Spirit of Adoption, whereby we cry Abba, Father.

16) The Spirit itself also beareth witness with are spirit that we are the children of God:

Galatians 4:5-6

5) To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6) And because we are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, Abba Father.

Abba is a way we could simply call God our Daddy (just like I think Lomi does). The Spirit means I have been adopted into the Household of faith/God (Galatians 6:10; Ephesians 2:19) this so wonderful I'm a brother to Jesus (Hebrews 2:12) and Nebula you are a sister to Jesus because of Blood, His Blood the Blood of God (Acts 20:28; I John 1:7). We have become Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise (Galatians 3:19-29).

The Spirit also makes it possible for us to love (Romans 5:5; Galatians 5:5-6; I John 4:19-20).

So what the Holy Spirit means to me, I have been ADOPTED BY THE BLOOD OF CHRIST INTO THE HOUSEHOLD/FAMILY OF GOD.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

1. It means that I am sealed by Him

2. It means that He will return for me

3. It means that He has givin me power to be a witness for Him

e

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

The Holy Spirit is God, so I know that God Himself resides in me. He is in the process of changing me to become more like Jesus. He translates my prayers to reflect the deepest desires of my heart. He knos the thoughts of God and shares those with me. He gifts me for ministry. He sealed me so that I know I belong to Christ. He speaks to me and leads me on a daily basis

• Topic Count:  346
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

The Holy Spirit is God, so I know that God Himself resides in me. He is in the process of changing me to become more like Jesus. He translates my prayers to reflect the deepest desires of my heart. He knos the thoughts of God and shares those with me. He gifts me for ministry. He sealed me so that I know I belong to Christ. He speaks to me and leads me on a daily basis

:whistling: Brilliant!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

The way our society has different ideas of what it means to be a Christian (I mean, how many people believe they are Christians yet have never repented of their sins and made Jesus the Lord of their lives?), I was pondering different questions one could ask to get at where their heart really is.

One question came to mind, and it impressed me because it isn't a question I know I couldn't give a pat answer to. :whistling:

Background: we know that being born again means the Holy Spirit lives inside us, right?

OK, so the question that came to mind was:

What does the Holy Spirit mean to you?

The Holy Spirit "Ruach Kodesh"

Who He is,

John 14:15-17 Yeshua Promises another helper. This helper is of old, He can be seen in Genesis 1:2 "the Spirit of God was hovering above the waters." And David said in 2 Samuel 23:1-3 When he was on his death bed, he said "the Spirit of the Lord Spoke by Me, His words where on my tongue" Psalm 51:13 David Says "Don't take your Spirit from me" which to me shows a little depth to the fear of the Lord. This shows that The Holy Spirit was active in selected peoples lives in the Old testament, in Joel 2:28 we have a promise that in the last days, The Lord will pour His Spirit on all flesh, and He will cause many to have visions, and dreams, which started in acts 2:17-21 and is still going on today. He is God.

Empowering and Baptism

There is a baptism of the Holy Spirit, and an empowering of the Holy Spirit.

In luke 3:21-23, Yeshua was baptized, and received the Ruach Kodesh, "Holy Spirit" it shows that the Holy Spirit is gentle, because He came down like a dove, but then you see after that in chapter 4, Yeshua was lead into the wilderness. In Mark 1:12 it says the Spirit Drove Yeshua, The word drove, means tossed or hurled. So we see the Holy Spirit throwing Yeshua into the wilderness to defeat satan. He will do that in our lives. Now after the temptation, and 40 days of fasting, Luke 4 says Yeshua Returned in the power of the Spirit.

Now this is something I have learned personally, and I see an example of it here, Yeshua was tempted and in trials and tribulation, He endured and resisted the Devil. After that He was filled with the Power of the Spirt, now Yeshua is God, He is the Word of God, the walking Torah, Why wouldn't he already be empowered? I believe it was to show us this example of receiving, and Empowering. There is tie ins with the Jews 40 years in the wilderness also, Jesus suffered 40 Days in Obedience, Same trials ect.

What the Holy Spirit does

John 14: 25-29 Shows that the Holy Spirit is a teacher, He teaches us how to apply the scripture to our lives. Yeshua said "He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you." John 16:7-8 He convicts the world of sin, and reveals righteousness, and executes Judgement, those that are in this world hate that, but it is life to those who hold Him. We are vessels for the Holy Spirit, 2 Timothy 2:20-21, 2 Corinthians 4:6-7, That is why it is so important to abstain from sexual immorality, 1 cor 6:19 Says our body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who lives inside us, Referring to sexual immorality, God in trusts His Spirit to you, this passage shows that the Holy Spirit lives inside you.

Romans 8:5-9 in verse 5 where it says "For those who live according to the flesh/Spirit" The hebrew bible refers to this as Controlled instead of live according, that puts a new perspective, the Holy Spirit controls if you submit your control, He will take the lead.

The Holy Spirit bestows gifts,

1 Corinthians 12, and in 14 There is an order to using them in a church, Each gift is given for the edification of others or self. He gives to each one according to how He choses, there are many who think that they can pre-see what gifts they have, this is foolish thinking, cause the gifts are given by whom the Spirit wills, not by whom man wills as it says in 1 cor 12:11.

The simple explanation of the Holy Spirit, is a wedding ring, We are the bride of Yeshua, the Holy Spirit is a seal, Ephesians 1:13, 4:30. He is the Living God living in us sealing us for redemption.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.82
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

To me it means that the 3rd Person of God (God Himself) lives within me and directs my path.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Wow - I love reading these answers!

I can't wait to hear what others have to say. :thumbsup:

BTW - I'll be gone until Monday night, so if I don't respond, that's why.

Ask the person to relate to you their salvation experiance. Where they're heart is really at right now may not reflect whether or not they are a christian.

Hey tracks, thanks for your words. However, my background explanation wasn't the point I was going for.

I'd like to hear what you'd have to say, though, to the actual question. :thumbsup: