nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

So you would prefer the status quo? We're not exactly flush with troops, considering we're embroiled in two wars, neb. The message is sinking in and the feds are realizing that they are not going to be able to overturn state laws and the recent primaries have put the writing on the wall.

I support what the Arizonans are asking for. They're in the midst of it; I'm not. They know what's going on; I don't.

I was thinking kudos at first with this, but when the Arizonans saw this as pandering - well . . . it's their backyard. Who am I to tell them they're wrong?

They're NOT wrong. They may see it as pandering but what difference does it make as to 'why'? Everything politicians do is done with an eye to the next election. The key is to make sure they do the things that benefit the people in the process.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

Even a hundred million troops would not be enough for the tea party dixie landers.

You can say that sitting safely in Canada. Meanwhile my state is being destroyed and we are pretty much at war with the violence that is coming from Mexico into my state. Citizens are being killed by these invaders.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

There is no guarantee all of these troops will even come to Arizona. The last time Obama sent troops, via our ex governor Napolitano as head of homeland security, they all went to texas and not to Arizona which needs it more.

My governor Brewer begged for national guard helicopters, what we got was marginal lip service. We didnt get the helicopters. We begged for months, years, for more help in fighting the invasion and we got nothing. Bush at least sent 6000 altho that too was not nearly enough. Obama has no intention whatsoever of helping my state. In fact I heard on the news today (real news not grocery store check out line news) that the feds will be taking az to court over the new law. Oh yippee. Meanwhile Arizonans suffer.

You people outside of Arizona have no idea what its like. I used to freely travel to the border, or play in southern arizona, exploring my state. Now Im afraid to even go south of Phoenix, since one of my playgrounds has had multiple reports of shootouts with drug cartels and smugglers.

For you critics, I want to see you live in like conditions and see if you dont change your views.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.77
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Maybe you guys would prefer this administration do nothing then....

We'd prefer him do what is effective.

What do you think of a doctor who administers a band-aid where stitches are needed?

What do you think of a doctor who is MIA completely? For years?

I would think that he is no longer president - I mean doctor.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Maybe you guys would prefer this administration do nothing then....

We'd prefer him do what is effective.

What do you think of a doctor who administers a band-aid where stitches are needed?

What do you think of a doctor who is MIA completely? For years?

I would think that he is no longer president - I mean doctor.

True, he's not. He's not President anymore but it's not even just about him (meaning GWB), it's ALL of them. Congress doesn't want to control the border, our last four Presidents didn't want to control it either. They won't do it unless they are forced.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

US National Guard troops being sent to the Mexican border will be used to stem the flow of guns and drugs across the frontier and not to enforce US immigration laws, the State Department said Wednesday.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/news-yahoo-c...26195041-print/

:)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Meaning they will basically do nothing to stop the problem. :):noidea:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

For you critics, I want to see you live in like conditions and see if you dont change your views.

I'd love to see Obama and the liberals who do nothing about it live in it. I know neither party has done anything but liberals are in charge now.

Guest LadyC

I'd love to see Obama and the liberals who do nothing about it live in it. I know neither party has done anything but liberals are in charge now.

yeah... without their secret service bodyguards to protect them!

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Maybe you guys would prefer this administration do nothing then....you know, much like President Bush did. Those that hate this President find fault with everything he does. Why not find fault with real problems. How many of you say he doesn't listen to the people? Now, apparently, he's hearing the people but sending troops there just isn't enough. I don't get what's happening in this country, but I don't like it. :laugh:

C'mon MG...I know you like to be an equal opportunity hater ( :emot-hug: )...but Prez. Bush tried like crazy to stop illegal immigration.

Pres. Bush doubled the number of Border Patrol agents during his presidency...from 10,000 to 20,000. He agressively tried to pass immigration reform that would have built a wall and security perimeters all along the 2000 mile border...which would have actual gone a long ways to reducing illegal immigration. Unfortunately the RINO's stopped him. Most of the so-called conservatives on these forums were against him in his efforts too. Pres. Bush sent 6000 US troops to the border!

The administrations own words tell how insignificant these 1500 troops will be. They will take a "backseat role." They will be working in "back offices" and "processing information." Thats sounds like a far cry from what President Bush accomplished when he sent his 6000 soldiers to the border. They arrested 176,000 illegals in 2 years! Over 300,000 lbs of pot was seized! Almost 30,000 hours of aerial patrols and assistance. Obama's 1500 "back office processors" is a joke in comparison!