traveller

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

To me, it would seem we as Americans have forgotten what we swore we would NEVER forget. We [the vast majority of Americans] have slipped into a state of apathy and tolerance. As we recently celebrated "Memorial Day" it seems we do not remember well that those who hate us did not go away, they have not become more tolerant, only lying in wait for that proper time, constantly testing the water to see if the time is right to catch us again. Memory is important!

What's wrong with patriotism? It is like anything else if applied with a good helping of common sense it has its place.

What's wrong with intolerance? Even the writers of a country song had this one figured out, "if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

Edited by HitmanR2

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

It's not about America it's about tolerance. I support the freedom to worship as guaranteed by the US constitution and as pioneered in Pennsylvania. furthermore, you should, perhaps relax and be a little less chippy about those be it I or dear old Arthur Durham who deign to make any comment that relates to the USA or in my case the colonies that went on to form it. Anyway, even by your odd reasoning as a British citizen presumably I have a right to comment on the political situation in what 300+ years ago were part of the British Empire. And as a Quaker I don't see any problem in highlighting the fact that other Quakers have been persecuted and murdered by others who styled themselves as Christians.

As to the silly name calling I accept the right for Muslims, Jews, Buddists, Hindus, Catholics and even Massatuchsetts Puritans to worship peacefully as they choose, it doesn't mean that I think they're right. Is there anything wrong with that? How is it Unchristian? That right also guarantees my right to worship and my freedom to express myself. something that I don't want taken away from me.

You have a terrible time understanding what is actually written, amor. I believe people should be free to worship as they see fit. If they want to worship a big tree, more power to them. I challenge you to quote my words saying anyone should be deprived of that right. Regardless of what happened three centuries ago...you are not being persecuted now, are you?

I said..... "if you accept islam as some alternate universe equal of Christianity....you are no Christian." and I stand by that statement because it is absolutely true; a Christian cannot believe that 'allah' and the God of Abraham are the same or equal.

I don't know what name calling you're referring to either; you must be talking about someone else because I did not call you any name of any kind.

To me, it would seem we as Americans have forgotten what we swore we would NEVER forget. We [the vast majority of Americans] have slipped into a state of apathy and tolerance. As we recently celebrated "Memorial Day" it seems we do not remember well that those who hate us did not go away, they have not become more tolerant, only lying in wait for that proper time, constantly testing the water to see if the time is right to catch us again. Memory is important!

What's wrong with patriotism? It is like anything else if applied with a good helping of common sense it has its place.

What's wrong with intolerance? Even the writers of a country song had this one figured out, "if you don't stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything."

I'll concur except the line is "If you don't stand for SOMETHING, you'll fall for anything." :noidea:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Thanks MG,

I changed the original post from "nothing to something".

Thanks MG,

I changed the original post from "nothing to something".

:thumbsup:

....It's not about America it's about tolerance....

Yes

He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth. Luke 11:23

Tolerance

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

>>>>>()<<<<<

....As to the silly name calling I accept the right for Muslims, Jews, Buddists, Hindus, Catholics and even Massatuchsetts Puritans to worship peacefully as they choose, it doesn't mean that I think they're right. Is there anything wrong with that? How is it Unchristian? That right also guarantees my right to worship and my freedom to express myself. something that I don't want taken away from me....

Ways

There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Proverbs 16:25

And The Way

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

The Times Of Our Lives

Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. Colossians 4:5

And The Peace Of The World

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. Matthew 24:9-10

The Prince Of Peace

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. Matthew 10:34

Brotherhood

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. Luke 9:23

And The End Of It All

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:28-29

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

There's a difference between supporting something and and accepting that people should have the freedom to worship as they wish. As to false Gods, well there's plenty of synchrenistic worship amongst self-styled Christians. I tolerate that too. I don't believe in banning or persecuting people for their faith. I'm a Quaker and look back to the toleration of the original Pennsylvania colony, and also to the way we were persecuted and martyred by the intolerant Puritan regime in Massachusetts

How about a Puritan church being built on the site where Mary Dyer was hung?

That's freedom.

Or dancing on someone's grave.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

There's a difference between supporting something and and accepting that people should have the freedom to worship as they wish. As to false Gods, well there's plenty of synchrenistic worship amongst self-styled Christians. I tolerate that too. I don't believe in banning or persecuting people for their faith. I'm a Quaker and look back to the toleration of the original Pennsylvania colony, and also to the way we were persecuted and martyred by the intolerant Puritan regime in Massachusetts

That's freedom.

Zealous Puritans didn't dance and Quakers don't venerate graves.

On a different note it's worth remembering the fact that there were Muslim victims of these attacks too

That's freedom.

On a different note it's worth remembering the fact that there were Muslim victims of these attacks too

Of course there were; muslims, Jews, Hindus, people representing 85 countries, they all died together. But, the fact that they are willing to kill their own is not a reason to let them build a mosque there. I would be for the destruction of that mosque if it is built. And before you say it...no, I would never support harming the worshippers who would gather there.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

It's an expression. :blink: