• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

It might not bring down the wrath of homeland security, but is there anything Christian in jokes about blowing people up?

We're talking about a building.

I got a question back - is there anything Christian about supporting the worship of a false god?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

BOOM!!

Works for me. :wub:

There are people who monitor sites such as this one.

You guys do know that.............right?

I didn't know that the word BOOM was a threat to America. Muslims damn and threaten America, Black Liberation Theologists damn and threaten America and nothing happens to them. I doubt that my little boom will bring down the wrath of Homeland Security. Ha!

It might not bring down the wrath of homeland security, but is there anything Christian in jokes about blowing people up?

I agree amor. Imagine Christ thinking this way. :101:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194

I got a question back - is there anything Christian about supporting the worship of a false god?

There's a difference between supporting something and and accepting that people should have the freedom to worship as they wish. As to false Gods, well there's plenty of synchrenistic worship amongst self-styled Christians. I tolerate that too. I don't believe in banning or persecuting people for their faith. I'm a Quaker and look back to the toleration of the original Pennsylvania colony, and also to the way we were persecuted and martyred by the intolerant Puritan regime in Massachusetts

Guest shiloh357
There's a difference between supporting something and and accepting that people should have the freedom to worship as they wish. As to false Gods, well there's plenty of synchrenistic worship amongst self-styled Christians. I tolerate that too. I don't believe in banning or persecuting people for their faith. I'm a Quaker and look back to the toleration of the original Pennsylvania colony, and also to the way we were persecuted and martyred by the intolerant Puritan regime in Massachusetts

This is a bunch of hogwash. No one is saying they don't have a right to build the mosque. It is the location that is in question. And legally, just like you can't build churches or synagogues whereever you want, you cannot build mosques anywhere you want.

Too many will see in the Muslim world will see that synagogue as a tribute to the 9/11 terrorists and we don't want to give them that satisfaction.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Does anything ever pop into your head that isn't the fault of the U.S., amor? Did your ancestors live here? Have you? If not, then nobody persecuted you or your forebears in those states. Btw, where do you think those early settlers came from?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Does anything ever pop into your head that isn't the fault of the U.S., amor? Did your ancestors live here? Have you? If not, then nobody persecuted you or your forebears in those states. Btw, where do you think those early settlers came from? And, if you accept islam as some alternate universe equal of Christianity....you are no Christian.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

How about a Puritan church being built on the site where Mary Dyer was hung?

Does anything ever pop into your head that isn't the fault of the U.S., amor? Did your ancestors live here? Have you? If not, then nobody persecuted you or your forebears in those states. Btw, where do you think those early settlers came from? And, if you accept islam as some alternate universe equal of Christianity....you are no Christian.

It's not about America it's about tolerance. I support the freedom to worship as guaranteed by the US constitution and as pioneered in Pennsylvania. furthermore, you should, perhaps relax and be a little less chippy about those be it I or dear old Arthur Durham who deign to make any comment that relates to the USA or in my case the colonies that went on to form it. Anyway, even by your odd reasoning as a British citizen presumably I have a right to comment on the political situation in what 300+ years ago were part of the British Empire. And as a Quaker I don't see any problem in highlighting the fact that other Quakers have been persecuted and murdered by others who styled themselves as Christians.

As to the silly name calling I accept the right for Muslims, Jews, Buddists, Hindus, Catholics and even Massatuchsetts Puritans to worship peacefully as they choose, it doesn't mean that I think they're right. Is there anything wrong with that? How is it Unchristian? That right also guarantees my right to worship and my freedom to express myself. something that I don't want taken away from me.

How about a Puritan church being built on the site where Mary Dyer was hung?

That's freedom.