IGNORED

oil spill

littlejoe

....If one studies the geology of the area, one will find that oil seeps out of natural formations on the bottom of the gulf, and has for a really long time, so the gulf can deal with some oil....

:whistling:

Either We Trust

In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me. Psalms 56:4

Or We Don't

The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe. Proverbs 29:25

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this oil spill destroys 1/4 of all life in the ocean because they can't plug it then that should be interesting. The oil does look kinda red like blood already...

:whistling:

why can't they just dynamite the hole until it caves in on itself?

:thumbsup:

Unfortunately I don't think it would work in this case. It might if we were dealing with, say a fire in a coal mine -- to snuff it by cutting off its air supply.

That well is under 5,000 feet of sea water, and the well pressure is still overcoming the water pressure at that depth. The hole probably wouldn't cave in, but get bigger. There's a lot of pressure forcing the oil up the well bore. If the pressure can be relieved with the relief wells, the flow might stop on its own, but no one knows for sure. It would certainly be easier to deal with if the well wasn't so deep, though.

I'm wondering since the pipe that's leaking is bent already, why not bend it over the rest of the way to stop the leak? Or some hydraulics to flatten the pipe and pinch it off that way?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Obama acts like it's an annoyance he wishes would go away.

Mark Levin was reading a law on the air that says the president is bound by law to do something about things like this. Obama and company are too busy blaming BP and saying they have been on it from day one while he has been on how many vacations?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Obama acts like it's an annoyance he wishes would go away.

Mark Levin was reading a law on the air that says the president is bound by law to do something about things like this. Obama and company are too busy blaming BP and saying they have been on it from day one while he has been on how many vacations?

I'm sure he does wish it would go away; I know I would. There is a law and it has been addressed; he has sent FEMA and ecological experts and ships and whatever. The bottom line is...only the oil industry has the expertise to cap that well and this is a private business (also foreign owned). The government is providing resources but I'm agreeing with them that BP has to be liable. The problem is that BP lied from the beginning about the amount of oil that was being released and their lack of maintenance that caused it in the first place. The truth is coming out though.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

But . . . but . . . in the movies, they always have some outlandish people with outlandish ideas who are able to get the job done. . . .

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

But . . . but . . . in the movies, they always have some outlandish people with outlandish ideas who are able to get the job done. . . .

This is a job for the Duke

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Yep. I sure wish we were in a movie....this oil spill is a real disaster for the U.S. and, pretty soon, it will be for Mexico and the island countries as well.

:101::wub::wub: