• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

It is a terrible thing, at 14 the boy new what he was doing was wrong. Although I dont know if the judge was totally wrong in giving the kid probation. In juvi court the standards are different and the focus is usually on rehab, not punishment. The kid did a year in rehab. He could have recieved 21 years as an adult. What good is that going to do. If you have kids 14 years old the child is usually dumn to the real world and only focused on there little lives. I realy dont think that more than a year in prison is going to make a differne in any criminals life. Most of the time when someone is sentenced to hard time, they come out worse than ever.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

If it is the case I'm thinking of the 14 year old boy has an IQ of only about 70. It would be a pretty difficult case I would think.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Should have been given jail time.

I agree he should have been jail time. Sick stuff. Society take on such a strong sexual influence, and ignore the cost.

Lord, Heavenly Father, I pray for this girl, that You would be with her and bring her peace, I pray that You would comfort her, and fill her with Your presence, let the scars from this heal Lord, I pray that You would open her heart and fill her with Your love Lord, I pray that somehow this situation will work out for the better. Lord I pray for the boys that they would come to know You, and that You would be their guide, Praise You and thank You, in Yeshua I pray amen.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

Next we will be locking up kindergardners. We will call the prison the "playpen". Prison dosnt work it makes people worse, so we might as well just shoot the criminal and get it over with, it would save the state and country money and, you wouldnt have to worry about repeat offending.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

Next we will be locking up kindergardners. We will call the prison the "playpen". Prison dosnt work it makes people worse, so we might as well just shoot the criminal and get it over with, it would save the state and country money and, you wouldnt have to worry about repeat offending.

Each case varies with these things, but I wonder what would happen if these crimes had been committed in Israel under Moses law? He said an eye for an eye, etc. and rapists, murderers put to death. Apparently Moses and the judges of Israel was concerned about repeat offenders.

But how would they have treated a juvenille back in those days? Something to think about...I doubt that they would have dismissed it so easy, no matter what their age. Children KNOW right from wrong, they can make a choice and they can choose the wrong way. No one forced them to do it. It's just really really sad, I'm sure God grieves over this, as everyone else, for both the victim and the assailant.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/23/1971

:emot-handshake: this all just makes me sick to my stomach :wub:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

It is sickening and heartbreaking. The victim and her rapists were all Liberian refugees. The young man in this case allegedly has witnessed countless sexual attacks against women and members of his family while he was in Liberia - one must wonder to what extent he and other refugees from that part of the world are affected by what they have witnessed in such a violent childhood. I feel so sad for this little girl and pray that she can heal her mind, body and spirit from this attack.