IGNORED

Longing to be with the Lord, or longing to escape?

nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

Thanks, MG!

I'm OK.

Actually, this is just a long-going undercurrent.

But, I've been affected by the death of one of my heroes from my younger years - Dana Key.

Maybe I should post in here, too, what I posted on Facebook?

Of course; anything to express how you feel will help.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  378
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  08/06/1967

You are right. We are with the Lord, His Holy Spirit dwells in us.

I think what many Christians miss is the awesome reality that while we are still in the world, we are no longer of the world. We can experience the joy of being with Jesus here and now.

God is with us every single moment of every single day. And yet while his Holy Spirit is in us, He also watches over us, as one of my favorite chapters in the Psalms says:

Psalm 121

A song of ascents.

1 I lift up my eyes to the hills

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/06/1994

Nebula: :)

Don't go...we need you! God needs you here for the moment. trust me. when you are needed in heaven, he will call you. :thumbsup:

Depression is super hard to deal with. I can relate to you on that, not the suicide part. I feel you just need a vacation from life. Go see a rainbow, a sunset, a mountain, and a forest. Trust me, it'll really cheer you up.

Best,

Lilly

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I Corinthians: 2

4I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. 5For in him you have been enriched in every way

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You are right. We are with the Lord, His Holy Spirit dwells in us.

I think what many Christians miss is the awesome reality that while we are still in the world, we are no longer of the world. We can experience the joy of being with Jesus here and now.

God is with us every single moment of every single day. And yet while his Holy Spirit is in us, He also watches over us, as one of my favorite chapters in the Psalms says:

. . . .

:) Thanks, South

Does the depression problem stem from loneliness or lack of companionship?

No, it stems from childhood. Very deep-seated roots.

To all of you who've responded:

:)

I do appreciate the affirmation. It is meaningful.

But I hope you understand I wasn't posting this for myself.

I'm posting something I'm learning for the sake of helping others.

I mean, do we truly appreciate the walk with the Lord we have here on Earth - not for how it helps us, but just for walking with the Lord?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

In my struggle against suicide, this is a question I've had to deal with constantly. How much of my desire for death is to be with the Lord, and how much is it just wanting to escape from all the troubles in this life, in my life?

It's not that I did not have a desire to be with the Lord. That was truly genuine. The trouble was how it was being corrupted with and by the desire to escape.

And it sure was easy to justify wanting to die with, "But then I'll be with Jesus...."

But then I have to pull back and catch myself. Is that not a selfish love? Is this the longing Jesus wants me to have for Him?

What if He wants me to be more mature in faith and in my soul before I join Him? Does not the Bridegroom have the right to wait for the little girl to grow into a woman before marrying her?

But there's something else He's been teaching me. How can we really know Him there when we don't really know Him here ? OK, I know what you're probably thinking - how here we see through a glass darkly and there we will see clearly. Sure, but that cheapens the meaning of the word "know" in the Biblical concept. knowing involves intimacy, and intimacy over time.

Consider how when we come to the Lord, the Holy Spirit dwells within us. For those of you who became saved later in life, can you recall the difference between your having the Holy Spirit and when you did not?

When we get to Heaven, we won't have the Spirit dwelling within us the way we do down here. Sure, we pass on into glory, and we will be in the presence of Jesus - it's a graduation, not a downplay. But consider, you won't have the Holy Spirit with you in Heaven.

Isn't that weird?

So how does this effect things? Well, if you have been communing with the Lord, then hopefully you've come to know the Holy Spirit as a dear Friend. Right? So how does that make you feel?

Jesus said it was better for Him to leave and send the Spirit than it was for Him to stay. Have you ever fathomed that?

So how does this relate to the topic?

Well, how can I be longing to be with the Lord when the Lord is here with me?

Should I not be with Jesus her and now through the Holy Spirit?

So, if I'm longing to "be with the Lord" through death, am I not missing out on an intimacy I should be having with Him here and now?

Should I not rather focus on being with Him here and now rather than longing for death (or the rapture (!) ) to be with Him?

Wow Neb! Not sure where to start. Here are some probing questions, Are you involved with a church? Do have christian friends? What do you say the purpose of being a Christian is?

Wanting to be with the Lord is a good thing, but let God decide when. Sometime when we focus on our feelings for facts/truth we may get a lie. The truth is that God made you who you are and there is no else like you. Because this is true God has a special plan for your life, have you ever found out what that may be? I will be praying for you and add you to our prayer list at our church. phil 1:6 For I am confident of this thing, That He who begun a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

e

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

I think the Lord gives you these feeling so that you can stay right here on earth

Yeah, and that's why I share this, for those who likewise struggle.

For many of you, while going to be with the Lord is a joy, it also involves sacrifice - leaving behind a spouse, children, people you are ministering to?

For some of us, what sacrifice is there?

So yeah, this is what I'm finding.

You are so needed on this earth,

Well, it's hard for me to see that.

Please look harder, neb. You're still young, you have many possibilities ahead of you. There's never any way we can know what the Lord has planned for us. You ARE needed, deep down you know that, but I guess we all need to hear it once in a while. There's no rush; you can live out the life He has planned for you and then spend eternity with Him. Yes! You can do both because you are one of His and are blessed beyond measure. If you want to vent you know we, on this forum, will listen.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Thank you Neb.

Some people have been struggling that I know of with depression, (me) and have asked Neb for prayer, This is what she has been responding to!