Blien

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I know I don't set aside enough specific times a day to pray something I am working on yet I find myself praying all the time, when I walk the dog, when I am reading things on the net, when I am doing housework, so many times a day I find myself speaking outloud or lost in a converstation with God. Theres been more than a few times my daughter will come in and I will be talking outloud and well she thinks I have gone off the deep end finally! lol

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

God has proven to me time and time again that my prayers to him are heard and that they get accomplished almost immediately most of the time. Yet, for some reason I just don't pray often.... are you like this? I don't know what it is, maybe I'm just being lazy.. but there are some prayers that seem like I never get answers to - the ones where it is for myself. Does that happen to you?

Well, it would seem that in my own life, if I don't pray enough, God will send me something to pray about that affects me. And usually a problem I don't want! Still I don't pray enough and practice the presence of God enough!!

Funny story I heard an old pastor say.....

A man knew he needed to pray more, but he was too lazy to get up out of bed (whether morning or evening I don't know). So his prayer while laying there would be "Oh Lord help me to pray, to be a praying man". When he prayed this, something would happen to his finances or on his farm. Chickens would get eaten by wild animals, etc. Then the man would pray earnestly until everything was all right. Then he got back into his old habits and did not pray except for the Lord help me to pray prayer. Again, his farm animals were affected, his sheep and pigs got sick and died. Again he prayed and everything was ok. After this he was laying in his bed, about to pray the same old prayer. He remembered what happened when he got too lazy to pray. He jumped out of the bed and said,forget it Lord, I'll do my own reminding and praying!

Funny story, but close to home to some of us.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,678
  • Content Per Day:  8.03
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God has proven to me time and time again that my prayers to him are heard and that they get accomplished almost immediately most of the time. Yet, for some reason I just don't pray often.... are you like this? I don't know what it is, maybe I'm just being lazy.. but there are some prayers that seem like I never get answers to - the ones where it is for myself. Does that happen to you?

I have just an open communication as I talk with Him thoughout the day. Like when I read this I say Father Blien is struggling with not enough prayer time encourage him in his desire in this. I even pray while talking to someone and they say would you pray for me in this. I shoot one off right then cause I am not quite as bad as a blizzard but I am pretty flakey to remember at times! I believe I am Biblical in this pray without ceasing... being alone helps for it makes me like I am not alone! Prayed Blien... Love Steven

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

The key is to remember Him and thanking Him constantly and that is all He wants.

Blesiings

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

I wonder when enough is enough? To me, when God places something on my heart, I pray, but I also find myself too busy to always hear Him or feel Him move within me. I know I could beat myself down with this issue, but He knows me better then I know myself and I trust that if an issue is that important, He will get my attention.

It is praying for others that I lack greatly in.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Add me to the list, I don't pray enough. I must strive to pray more and I'm not waiting for New Years to make that resolution. (no time like the present) Maybe we should hold each other accountable. Example: Blien do you feel you prayed enough Today? (just a thought) I don't mind being held accountable, if it improves my relationship with God.

The Closer I Get

He must increase, but I must decrease. John 3:30

The More I Tell Him I Love Him

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

And Like Those Two Dear Praying Grandfathers Of Ours, Aaron And Hur, I Too Am Blessed To Lift Up Others To Him

And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed.

But Moses' hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.

And Joshua discomfited Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword. Exodus 17:11-13

And One Day Soon We'll All Pray Just Right! Thank You Jesus!

And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. Revelation 5:11-12

Singing Hallelujah! To The KING OF KINGS

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1

>>>>>()<<<<<

Wonderful Thread Dear Family!

Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the name of the LORD; praise him, O ye servants of the LORD. Psalms 135:1

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

How much is enough?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

How much is enough?

I think that is a question that only each of us individually can answer, for some may feel in their hearts that they need more prayer then what someone else would think they need.

There are days I know I didn't pray enough and there are days like today when I know all is well, I'm at peace with myself and my relationship with God. For me it is a feeling of the warmth of the Holy Spirit within me. Yes today all is well.