• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Isa 44:13 The carpenter stretches a line; he marks it out with a pencil. He shapes it with planes and marks it with a compass. He shapes it into the figure of a man, with the beauty of a man, to dwell in a house.

Isa 44:14 He cuts down cedars, or he chooses a cypress tree or an oak and lets it grow strong among the trees of the forest. He plants a cedar and the rain nourishes it.

Isa 44:15 Then it becomes fuel for a man. He takes a part of it and warms himself; he kindles a fire and bakes bread. Also he makes a god and worships it; he makes it an idol and falls down before it.

Isa 44:16 Half of it he burns in the fire. Over the half he eats meat; he roasts it and is satisfied. Also he warms himself and says, "Aha, I am warm, I have seen the fire!"

Isa 44:17 And the rest of it he makes into a god, his idol, and falls down to it and worships it. He prays to it and says, "Deliver me, for you are my god!"

Isa 44:18 They know not, nor do they discern, for he has shut their eyes, so that they cannot see, and their hearts, so that they cannot understand.

Isa 44:19 No one considers, nor is there knowledge or discernment to say, "Half of it I burned in the fire; I also baked bread on its coals; I roasted meat and have eaten. And shall I make the rest of it an abomination? Shall I fall down before a block of wood?"

Isa 44:20 He feeds on ashes; a deluded heart has led him astray, and he cannot deliver himself or say, "Is there not a lie in my right hand?"

Isa 44:21 Remember these things, O Jacob, and Israel, for you are my servant; I formed you; you are my servant; O Israel, you will not be forgotten by me.

Isa 44:22 I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you.

There is one God, only one. One to be worshiped.

The others we "make". (and use the remains for firewood :blink: )

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

I must say that one of the Christians who worship the image of JESUS is my grandma, but she is a really be blessed woman,one of the reasons I believe in JESUS is bcs of her testimony,she be a Christian about 60 years,I never see it is wrong to her,how to explain?

I see her pray to that image,kneel down to that image,to her,do not worship the idol means do not worship the other gods,and do not worship the statue made by the store, metal

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  234
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/16/1978

I must say that one of the Christians who worship the image of JESUS is my grandma, but she is a really be blessed woman,one of the reasons I believe in JESUS is bcs of her testimony,she be a Christian about 60 years,I never see it is wrong to her,how to explain?

I see her pray to that image,kneel down to that image,to her,do not worship the idol means do not worship the other gods,and do not worship the statue made by the store, metal

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

but I do know that some Christians worship the painting of JESUS,talk ,pray and kneel down to that image

Then what they do is wrong. We are to worship GOD; not images or idols. Case in point; the Catholic custom of worshipping Mary, Mother of Jesus.

Definitely. I agree with this truth and the fitting illustration.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

but I do know that some Christians worship the painting of JESUS,talk ,pray and kneel down to that image

I don't know much about the culture of Shanghai .

Here in the West, art is an expression of our emotions and a way to visualize our thoughts. When I see a painting of Jesus, I see someone's attempt to speak a visual message or express a vision they had. It's not meant to a replacement of Him or anything like that the way an idol is.

However, I have had experience with a certain Christian denomination where a painting or sculpture of Jesus is treated as if it is Him, like you expressed there - and I agree, that most certainly is idolatry.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

I don't know much about the culture of Shanghai .

the culture of Shanghai is the most similar to west within ML-China,so the Christianity is popular

*I think I know what your grandmother is doing, she is using the picture of Jesus as a crutch. A crutch that she can see that stands for Jesus. There are people that feel they need to see something that will give them comfort in what they believe in.

--------------This is the key of the problem,the vital factor of Christian faith,one of the reasons I guess GOD forbid the image/statuary is for challenging our faith,try it ,if you pray with the crutch ,your faith is much more easy than just pray the air--------the faith of salvation is not cheap,it should be tested by the fire,so I think this is the problem can not be neglect-----bcs it is directly leads to FAITH toward GOD

*I think the question to ask is this: Could your grandmother pray to God WITHOUT the image??

--------------how about pray with the image in heart?---if you used to the image?

*****************however,I have heard my favorite pastor explaining idolatry, he said that if you put anything above GOD---money, lover, yourself …….that is idolatry.

Edited by silviawang

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

It is sorta like the question I asked earlier. When a minister prays in front of an alter with a cross on it, is it really a sin? I don't really know, I'm just waiting for an answer from those that may be better informed.

is the minister praying to the cross or just in front of it?

I think that is the key, it is not so much about what your praying with (picture of Jesus, cross), it is to whom you are praying to that is important. If your praying to anybody else but our Father in Heaven, then there is a problem.

I must study scripture in more detail before saying yes or no to if it is a sin.