IGNORED

Do any Christian ladies really save themselves for marriage?

Big Time

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

You know, Dakilang, that when you became born again the Lord removed your sins 'as far as the East is from the West'.....in other words you are a new man and God doesn't remember your former self. The woman who marries you will be marrying the man you are NOW. :)

I know. But there is still that longing....

I guess what I am saying is, because I'd been rejected so many times before, my heart is looking for assurance, for some actual evidence, that someone would really love me like how God has loved me....

You see, I had loved a Christian woman before who had thought that my dedication to Christ was not worth fighting for.... And this happened not just once, but twice.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

You know, Dakilang, that when you became born again the Lord removed your sins 'as far as the East is from the West'.....in other words you are a new man and God doesn't remember your former self. The woman who marries you will be marrying the man you are NOW. :)

I guess what I am saying is, because I'd been rejected so many times before, my heart is looking for assurance, for some actual evidence, that someone would really love me like how God has loved me....

You see, I had loved a Christian woman before who had thought that my dedication to Christ was not worth fighting for.... And this happened not just once, but twice.

If they didn't see that your devotion to the Lord was worth fighting for then they were not true Christians, brother. You need a woman who will uphold you, as you uphold her, and who understands that Christ comes first in your life, as He should in hers. That woman is out there.....trust God to bring her into your life. :)

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

If they didn't see that your devotion to the Lord was worth fighting for then they were not true Christians, brother. You need a woman who will uphold you, as you uphold her, and who understands that Christ comes first in your life, as He should in hers. That woman is out there.....trust God to bring her into your life. :)

I will. Thank you. :emot-hug:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I will. Thank you. :emot-hug:

Back at 'ya, brother! :emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

I too am a Christian woman who 'saved herself' for marriage - and now, as a widow, am 'saving myself' again. So we do exist.

I am wondering though - is the OP angry with women who were previously, uh, wild but are now dedicated to the LORD and no longer promiscuous? If so, that is taking things too far (IMO). On the other hand, sadly, there are women in the churches, claiming to be Christian, yet still running around and living for the flesh. If this is the type of woman Big Time is angry about, that I can understand.

Btw, has he been back to this thread since he posted the OP?

Guest LadyC

i don't think he's been back. it sounded (at least to me) that he was angry at women in general for not all staying virgins. however, if i misunderstood and he's mad at women who claim to be christians but who still want to sleep around, then yep, i can understand and agree with him on that!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I'm guessing the OP would never have consented to being Hosea!!!

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/06/1994

hmm, i would definitely like to save myself for my husband...I was actually wondering where i could buy one of those purity rings...

Have you guys heard of them? They're rings to symbolize your commitment of some sort...ect..not really sure to tell you the truth, but i know it's a physical way of showing how you plan on saving yourself for your future husband... :noidea:

Anybody know what i'm talking about?

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,043
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  237
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Yes and you should be able to get them from most Christain shops or on line stores BUT a word of warning ...they do NOT protect you from the sort of idiot that would take it as a personal challenge so chose your company wisely and you wont NEED a ring to remind you :emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/06/1994

hmmm. i don't think i would have company like that considering my..hmmm...have you seen the homework thread? It should answer your concern...lol :laugh:

Anyway, i think it would look cute on my finger, and put my parents at ease...lol

Not that they worry for me, just you know...A secure state of mind...some asurance to put it one way... :)

Thanks though!