• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  234
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/16/1978

The question is: What would Jesus do?

I agree with Candice 100% and I liked Nebula's example of things Jesus did to address evil.

I certainly hope Christians will abstain from participating in this as it would completely destroy many of our brethren's efforts to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with Muslims.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

I agree with Candice 100% and I liked Nebula's example of things Jesus did to address evil.

I certainly hope Christians will abstain from participating in this as it would completely destroy many of our brethren's efforts to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with Muslims.

I know that you have greater insight into islam than most of us, sister. Do you think that maybe hesitant muslims might come forward and toss their Qu'rans into the fire if they are shown support for their salvation by this church? You left islam.....what helped you take that last step toward freedom? :noidea:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  234
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/16/1978

I know that you have greater insight into islam than most of us, sister. Do you think that maybe hesitant muslims might come forward and toss their Qu'rans into the fire if they are shown support for their salvation by this church? You left islam.....what helped you take that last step toward freedom? :noidea:

Dear sis MorningGlory, in my own experience, when i became revolted by Islam and its teachings, I was in awe with how Christians are loving and peaceful people. I realized the Christian God doesn,t need his followers to burn, kill, destroy to defend His doctrines and views.

The power of Christ is in the way Christians will just fight with prayer as opposed to swords. That left me in awe and I knew that what Christians had, I wanted to have.

When the Da Vinci Code was shown in theaters, no Christian went and burned the theaters down, and there was no public burning of the book, or DVD.

When the cartoons about Muhammad were published, look at the burning and destruction Muslims did. Look at how the movie producer Van Gogh's throat was slit in broad daylight because he made the movie "Submission."

As Christians, this is the one thing that sets us apart from others: that Our God is Mighty enough to handle and settle His own accounts.

This is my own opinion.

If I were a Muslim today, and sawChristians burning the Qur'an, I would never try to open a Bible to find out what Christianity says.

As for Muslims who want to leave Islam but are afraid, they definitely would never dare to participate in a Quran burning. It is frightening enough having to come out of the closet with a peaceful statement of love... Imagine coming out of the closet by burning a Qur'an with a bunch on non-Musliims? You would be dead by the end of the day... What helped me was knowing that my weapons weren't carnal, but that I would pray and act by the Spirit. The Spirit is who strengthens us to come out of the closet and declare our faith. (Not by might, not by power, but by the Spirit of God).

I am no expert. I only speak from my own opinion. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Dear sis MorningGlory, in my own experience, when i became revolted by Islam and its teachings, I was in awe with how Christians are loving and peaceful people. I realized the Christian God doesn,t need his followers to burn, kill, destroy to defend His doctrines and views.

The power of Christ is in the way Christians will just fight with prayer as opposed to swords. That left me in awe and I knew that what Christians had, I wanted to have.

When the Da Vinci Code was shown in theaters, no Christian went and burned the theaters down, and there was no public burning of the book, or DVD.

When the cartoons about Muhammad were published, look at the burning and destruction Muslims did. Look at how the movie producer Van Gogh's throat was slit in broad daylight because he made the movie "Submission."

As Christians, this is the one thing that sets us apart from others: that Our God is Mighty enough to handle and settle His own accounts.

This is my own opinion.

If I were a Muslim today, and sawChristians burning the Qur'an, I would never try to open a Bible to find out what Christianity says.

As for Muslims who want to leave Islam but are afraid, they definitely would never dare to participate in a Quran burning. It is frightening enough having to come out of the closet with a peaceful statement of love... Imagine coming out of the closet by burning a Qur'an with a bunch on non-Musliims? You would be dead by the end of the day... What helped me was knowing that my weapons weren't carnal, but that I would pray and act by the Spirit. The Spirit is who strengthens us to come out of the closet and declare our faith. (Not by might, not by power, but by the Spirit of God).

Praise the Lord. I believe this was well stated. Thank you.

This is my own opinion.

And I take your opinion seriously, sister. You have made a lot of good points here and have given me several things I need to think about. Thanks for being so forthcoming. :emot-hug: back at 'ya!

This is my own opinion.

Praise the Lord. I believe this was well stated. Thank you.

I agree. :)

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Personally, I approve of this idea.......taking it to the enemy in an 'in your face' way is the epitome of what it means to be an American. The Qu'ran is satanic in origin and the more they burn the better. Doesn't the Bible promote the destruction of idols? And....it doesn't remotely compare to what they (muslims) do to Christians, Jews, Hindus or anyone else who refuses to worship their 'allah', a.k.a. satan.

http://pewforum.org/...nniversary.aspx

Burning a Qu'ran has no power to save, loving a Muslim through the Love Yeshua has for us can save. An enemy cannot be won in offense, An enemy can only be won by the love of Yeshua, that is why it is so important to love each other, If we go on burning their bibles we make them further enemies and fail to show them the true love in which we are saved.

Luke 6:27-37

27 Nevertheless, to you who are listening, what I say is this: "Love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 "If someone hits you on one cheek, offer the other too; if someone takes your coat, let him have your shirt as well. 30 "If someone asks you for something, give it to him; if someone takes what belongs to you, don't demand it back. 31 "Treat other people as you would like them to treat you. 32 What credit is it to you if you love only those who love you? Why, even sinners love those who love them. 33 What credit is it to you if you do good only to those who do good to you? Even sinners do that. 34 What credit is it to you if you lend only to those who you expect will pay you back? Even sinners lend to each other, expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend expecting nothing back! Your reward will be great, and you will be children of Ha`Elyon; for he is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked. 36 Show compassion, just as your Father shows compassion. 37 "Don't judge, and you won't be judged. Don't condemn, and you won't be condemned. "Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Romans 12:12-21

12 Rejoice in your hope, be patient in your troubles, and continue steadfastly in prayer. 13 Share what you have with God's people, and practice hospitality. 14 Bless those who persecute you - bless them, don't curse them! 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. 16 Be sensitive to each other's needs - don't think yourselves better than others, but make humble people your friends. Don't be conceited. 17 Repay no one evil for evil, but try to do what everyone regards as good. 18 If possible, and to the extent that it depends on you, live in peace with all people. 19 Never seek revenge, my friends; instead, leave that to God's anger; for in the Tanakh it is written, "ADONAI says, 'Vengeance is my responsibility; I will repay.'" 20 On the contrary, "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. For by doing this, you will heap fiery coals [of shame] on his head." 21 Do not be conquered by evil, but conquer evil with good.

Personally, I approve of this idea.......taking it to the enemy in an 'in your face' way is the epitome of what it means to be an American. The Qu'ran is satanic in origin and the more they burn the better. Doesn't the Bible promote the destruction of idols? And....it doesn't remotely compare to what they (muslims) do to Christians, Jews, Hindus or anyone else who refuses to worship their 'allah', a.k.a. satan.

UMMM? That's a real bad idea, IMO, and since you're asking. :wub::)

Why is that?

The world would view it as hatred. Not hatred against sin or the devil, but against anyone who is not like us. That's not the image the Lord wants us to project.

The Qu'ran is an object, not a person or people. But, anyway, the 'world' is not what we are supposed to follow.

Then why mimic the world through our actions?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/25/1963

I agree with the posters opposed to burning books. Burning books just makes the book burner look like a bigoted idiot. Jesus never told us to go burn our enemies books but He did tell us how to treat our enemies: Mat 5:44 But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who despitefully use you and persecute you. How does burning a book follow what Jesus said here? As fromIslam2Christ said so very well, why should a Muslim listen when we have shown hatred by burning their book and insulting them. Where is the love of God in this?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

UMMM? That's a real bad idea, IMO, and since you're asking. :wub::)

Why is that?

Mt