MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Well, first...I am not unpopular and have many friends, thank you. And this sentence..."You seem to revel in discord because you have this false assumption that the discord means your right and is a result of being right. The discord is a result of your sometimes less-than-honest tactics and poor behavior. " is a strange way to address anyone, especially someone you don't know from Martha Washington.

And this: "Double standards. They expect others to behave and act in ways which they feel no compunction to honor themselves" You have absolutely no problem trying to slam someone else right after making that statement? Again, making my point. I always know from whom I will get the flaming darts; doesn't matter, I'm fireproof. And, btw, where did I say I KNOW I'm right because people disagree with me? I seem to have forgotten saying that......:rolleyes:

Perhaps you could illustrate for me exactly where I "slammed" someone in this thread? I did not slam you or anyone else. If you are going to question others behavior and make heated statements to them, you should be prepared to receive a fair share of them yourself.

As for not knowing you, personally, no, I do not, but I have been a member here for a few years now and have read many of your posts. So you and your posting style are not total strangers to me. You may be fireproof, but that does not mean that your behavior is always above reproach. You were the one who told Candice that "Life is not a polularity constest" as if the less people who find you popular, the more right you are. You made the statement, and that was the implication, unless I am suddenly unable to understand plain english.

No, you understand English just fine, Cobalt. I admit I am sometimes abrasive and opinionated . So you don't consider this...."The discord is a result of your sometimes less-than-honest tactics and poor behavior. " to be a slam? Wow. Actually, if that's your opinion that's fine. When I say 'Life is not a popularity contest' I really mean it. I don't 'go along to get along' ,as we say down here, unless I agree with what's being said. Isn't it wonderful to live in a country that has freedom of speech? :cool: And I have no problem with others' heated statements being directed at me; that's just life.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I just stopped by this thread to see what was happening, wow I didn't know I had to wear a helmet to protect myself from these flying words........WATCH OUT!............ that was a close one, nearly took my ear off. :laugh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Personally, I approve of this idea.......taking it to the enemy in an 'in your face' way is the epitome of what it means to be an American. The Qu'ran is satanic in origin and the more they burn the better. Doesn't the Bible promote the destruction of idols? And....it doesn't remotely compare to what they (muslims) do to Christians, Jews, Hindus or anyone else who refuses to worship their 'allah', a.k.a. satan.

http://pewforum.org/...nniversary.aspx

MG... it is fact that you delight when you perceive animosity towards you from the saints. Why is that? Why does it make your day? Can you show me this attitude in the bible?

I went back to the OP, and bolded your first sentence. The same attitude is there, just directed to a different group of people. I just don't understand why causing or receiving division or offense would ever cause joy.

Ephesians 4

Unity in the Body of Christ

1As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4There is one body and one Spirit

MG... it is fact that you delight when you perceive animosity towards you from the saints. Why is that? Why does it make your day? Can you show me this attitude in the bible?

I went back to the OP, and bolded your first sentence. The same attitude is there, just directed to a different group of people. I just don't understand why causing or receiving division or offense would ever cause joy.

And your point is........? :noidea:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Personally, I approve of this idea.......taking it to the enemy in an 'in your face' way is the epitome of what it means to be an American. The Qu'ran is satanic in origin and the more they burn the better. Doesn't the Bible promote the destruction of idols? And....it doesn't remotely compare to what they (muslims) do to Christians, Jews, Hindus or anyone else who refuses to worship their 'allah', a.k.a. satan.

http://pewforum.org/...nniversary.aspx

Ephesians 4

Unity in the Body of Christ

1As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4There is one body and one Spirit

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

To Neb,

1. Are you saying that Other One sent you his info of where the Talmud says that Christians should be beheaded?

We had a private conversation, and it was before he wrote that post.

I will leave it at that because it was a private conversation.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, I finally caught up!

I've been pretty intrigued by this thread because I've been listening to a librivox recording of John Locke's Letter Concerning Toleration. It is a really good listen, I reccomend it highly. Interestingly, when he wrote it, we were burning Catholics, or they were burning us Protestants. I forget who's turn it was.

A Disciple

Yes, I finally caught up!

I've been pretty intrigued by this thread because I've been listening to a librivox recording of John Locke's Letter Concerning Toleration. It is a really good listen, I reccomend it highly. Interestingly, when he wrote it, we were burning Catholics, or they were burning us Protestants. I forget who's turn it was.

A Disciple

Interesting, Disciple. I've not heard that recording. But I DO agree that this thread has brought out some fascinating subtopics. Whether we agree or disagree, Worthy members are good at communicating their ideas and convictions. :cool:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Ok I will be fair. I have not asked you to produce the quote katyann, nor have I asked other one. You will note in fairness that I have not singled you out in this or any other thread.

Now I will ask you both to back up your claims. Where in the Talmud does it say what you both have claimed it has said.

Katy, I asked both of you nicely, and you said you would tell us if we asked other one too equally. Other one has not replied in this thread. You have repeatedly and still ignored my request which did not single you out.

Now I will ask you both again to back up your claims. Where in the Talmud does it say what you both have claimed it has said.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I thought I would Google "Talmud God has no son" just for kicks.

Well, haven't found it.

But I did find this, and thought it would be cool to share.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Psalm 2 says, "Thou art My Son; do homage to the Son, lest He become angry and you perish in the way." The Rabbis say that God has no Son; but they have a big problem. Here is where I tell you how to drive an Orthodox Rabbi into early retirement in Florida: Psalm 2 is put together with Psalm 110 and II Samuel 16:1, and then connected with the Suffering Servant of Isaiah 53. These things can be read in the Midrash on II Samuel 16:1, paragraph 19 of the Lemburg Edition, p. 45; also the Midrash on Psalm 7, p. 5a of the Warsaw Edition; and Yalkut (SP?) Volume II p. 90a. (These things can be obtained at a Yeshiva or a religious Jewish library.)

It goes on to say, then, when it has connected Psalm 110 with II Samuel 16:1 and Isaiah 53, "Against God and His Messiah: "If I find the Son of the King, I shall lay hold of Him and crucify Him with a cruel death." The Talmud actually says that the Messiah would be crucified 'Litzlov oto' is exactly what it says, 'crucify'. This is one thing they cannot answer; it shocks them.

http://www.moriel.org/articles/israel/jesus_in_the_talmud.htm