~Shalhevet~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 1Timothy 3:2

I am noticing that a lot of the church's rules are not only contrary to scripture but perhaps even heretical. Forgive me if I'm wrong. It is irritating to me because I have a lot of unbelieving friends that are turned away from the Bible because of what is going on in the Catholic Church.

My questions:

Where does the Catholic Church find that it is good for a Priest to be alone?

How do you respond to unbelievers who are turned away from the church for this reason?

Blessings. :wub:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Where does the Catholic Church find that it is good for a Priest to be alone?

From the sciptures below....

1Co 7:27 Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be free. Are you free from a wife? Do not seek a wife

1Co 7:32 I want you to be free from anxieties. The unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to please the Lord.

1Co 7:33 But the married man is anxious about worldly things, how to please his wife,

Ahh. I see now. Thanks Fez.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  234
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/16/1978

Hi !

I have found also the following verses:

in 1 Corinthians 7

1Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry

(...)

32 I would like you to be free from concern. An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord's affairs

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/22/1991

I am noticing that a lot of the church's rules are not only contrary to scripture but perhaps ven heretical. Forgive me if I'm wrong. It is irritating to me because I have a lot of unbelieving friends that are turned away from the Bible because of what is going on in the Catholic Church.

I understand that this isnt your question, but it is a good point. In the years of research I have conducted on the Catholic Church I have found many heretical teachings as well as documented and eyewitness testimonies that prove to be gruesome and disturbing. Speaking in love, I believe that this institution is the "whore" of Revelation. I dont think ill of the people involved in the catholic church, but I do frown upon the leaders who are preaching false doctrines in the name of Messiah. Chick publications has many good resources about the catholic church. "Fifty years in the church of Rome" by Charles Chiniquy is a book that I have been dying to read. I havent read it yet so dont bash me over it. Lol.

www.remnantofgod.org is a good website to read over. I dont agree with all of his theology, but it is a good resource nonetheless. There are several others but I cant thing of them right now...

I do pray that the Lord will open the eyes of those who are trapped in the institution of Rome. My love goes out to them as well as my prayers...

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I am noticing that a lot of the church's rules are not only contrary to scripture but perhaps ven heretical. Forgive me if I'm wrong. It is irritating to me because I have a lot of unbelieving friends that are turned away from the Bible because of what is going on in the Catholic Church.

I understand that this isnt your question, but it is a good point. In the years of research I have conducted on the Catholic Church I have found many heretical teachings as well as documented and eyewitness testimonies that prove to be gruesome and disturbing. Speaking in love, I believe that this institution is the "whore" of Revelation. I dont think ill of the people involved in the catholic church, but I do frown upon the leaders who are preaching false doctrines in the name of Messiah. Chick publications has many good resources about the catholic church. "Fifty years in the church of Rome" by Charles Chiniquy is a book that I have been dying to read. I havent read it yet so dont bash me over it. Lol.

www.remnantofgod.org is a good website to read over. I dont agree with all of his theology, but it is a good resource nonetheless. There are several others but I cant thing of them right now...

I do pray that the Lord will open the eyes of those who are trapped in the institution of Rome. My love goes out to them as well as my prayers...

Catholicism has always been a major problem for me too. The Vatican and it's opulence, the Pope (called God's representative on earth), praying to saints (humans) and even the worship of Mary, mother of Jesus....she was blessed among women but she was a woman, a mortal. They bow down to idols. None of those things are Biblical and yet, over a billion people believe in Catholic doctine. It's just wrong, to me, and nothing will ever change that.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Here's the rub, though. In spite of the false doctrines, we can't afford to hate them for it. Most Catholics I know don't know any other way to practice Christianity. Simply put, they don't know any better and that goes for the senior leadership as well as the rank and file. I've talked with cardinals who don't know any other doctrine or interpretation. For a lot of Catholics, their image of themselves as Christians is grounded in the idea that they can trace their origins all the way back to Jesus through the apostle Peter. We may not be able to consider them as brethren in Christ because of the false doctrines and practices but there is nothing, and I mean, absolutely nothing to prevent us from loving them as people.

It really throws sand in my gears when I see the (pardon me) crap that people post about Catholics and the Catholic church, especially when it's some idiot redneck (redundant?). Had to get that off my chest. It is amazing to me how many of these backwoods nitwits assume malice on the part of Catholics when what they are really faced with is ignorance.

Is this the love you speak of?

Matthew 12:33

Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.

Colossians 4:6

Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,823
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  2

It is people that physically run a church. The catholic church is huge and therefore there are many humans with different ideas. This is true for many faiths.

Blessings

Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.

Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.

Anything I hate is a bully.If you want to understand what I mean, read John 8. Nothing justifies the anti-Catholic vitriol you see posted here and elsewhere. I make no apology for standing up and speaking out against it.

I apologize if I sounded anti-Catholic. I didn't mean to sound that way.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Anything I hate is a bully.If you want to understand what I mean, read John 8. Nothing justifies the anti-Catholic vitriol you see posted here and elsewhere. I make no apology for standing up and speaking out against it.

PaulT, I think you miss OneLights point. You vent about the anti Catholic brigade, and yet in the same post mirror their attitude.

As in......

idiot redneck (redundant?). Had to get that off my chest. It is amazing to me how many of these backwoods nitwits

And therefore nullify the statement you made below......

Here's the rub, though. In spite of the false doctrines, we can't afford to hate them for it

Love is Love, no matter who we are required by Jesus to lLove.

See the reasoning?

Blessings