MorningGlory

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,246
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

In central oklahoma, you really need a tv or a good fm radio to keep up with the weather during thunderstorm watches..

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1989

Pawn Stars and American Pickers are very interesting shows in my opinion.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Okay, I've never seen the shows but I know what the premise of each show is. Why are the shows interesting and does the fact that these are real people influence how you feel about them?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Pawn Stars can show you how crooked people can be, I was watching it one time when an older gentlemen brought in a Colt revolver from the Civil War era. They offered and paid him $300.00 which I knew right away was a rip off, that revolver was worth a lot more than that. The Pawn Stars resold the revolver for over $1000.00, now I believe in making a profit but taking advantage of that older gentlemen was just wrong.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I so totally agree with the first post. I channel surf mindlessly sometimes trying make something interesting come out of what's there only get frustrated with how they set things up now. They show the same movies over and over in rotation snd some of them back to back, and those reality marathons are worst than the old show marathons. Some of the commercials are just downright stupid with immorality. Virgin Mobile advertises their phones with tha appearance of male strippers dancing in front of women. Don't mean to sound prud but when I saw that I thought "what has become of America". If I had an alternative in my little small town for the internet I would shut the thing off and save my money.

HERE'S TO A NEW HOLLYWOOD!! I'm praying for a change!

I so totally agree with the first post. I channel surf mindlessly sometimes trying make something interesting come out of what's there only get frustrated with how they set things up now. They show the same movies over and over in rotation snd some of them back to back, and those reality marathons are worst than the old show marathons. Some of the commercials are just downright stupid with immorality. Virgin Mobile advertises their phones with tha appearance of male strippers dancing in front of women. Don't mean to sound prud but when I saw that I thought "what has become of America". If I had an alternative in my little small town for the internet I would shut the thing off and save my money.

HERE'S TO A NEW HOLLYWOOD!! I'm praying for a change!

We SO need one! T.V. used to be called the Vast Wasteland.....now it's the Vast Waste Dump. Welcome to Worthy, Charles! :emot-handshake:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Pawn Stars can show you how crooked people can be, I was watching it one time when an older gentlemen brought in a Colt revolver from the Civil War era. They offered and paid him $300.00 which I knew right away was a rip off, that revolver was worth a lot more than that. The Pawn Stars resold the revolver for over $1000.00, now I believe in making a profit but taking advantage of that older gentlemen was just wrong.

And whats so sad about the show, they have experts that tell how VALUABLE the item is, and they still let the people talk them down. I feel that the need for the money is so great, it blocks good common sense :blink: , which should shout!! DID YOU HEAR THAT? :o YOU'VE GOT A GREAT AND PRICELESS PIECE OF HISTORY!! :runforhills: GET OUT OF THERE :horse: AND FIND SOMEONE WHO WILL PAY THE A HIGHER PRICE. :wub:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  373
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,331
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  12/24/1965

And whats so sad about the show, they have experts that tell how VALUABLE the item is, and they still let the people talk them down. I feel that the need for the money is so great, it blocks good common sense :blink: , which should shout!! DID YOU HEAR THAT? :o YOU'VE GOT A GREAT AND PRICELESS PIECE OF HISTORY!! :runforhills: GET OUT OF THERE :horse: AND FIND SOMEONE WHO WILL PAY THE A HIGHER PRICE. :wub:

True. Heck, they could get better offers if they put their stuff on eBay.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Isn't that what ALL pawn shops do? They never give you what an item is worth. They buy low, and sell high. The people selling the item need money and are willing (for some reason) to make that deal. If you take a $1000 dollar item to a pawn shop...they are not gonna give you $1000 and then re-sell the item for $1000. They will pay you as little as they can and then re-sell for as much as they can.

Thats not crooked, thats business. Nobody forced the guy to sell his gun to a pawn shop. Nobody forced him to take the deal.

Isn't that what ALL pawn shops do? They never give you what an item is worth. They buy low, and sell high. The people selling the item need money and are willing (for some reason) to make that deal. If you take a $1000 dollar item to a pawn shop...they are not gonna give you $1000 and then re-sell the item for $1000. They will pay you as little as they can and then re-sell for as much as they can.

Thats not crooked, thats business. Nobody forced the guy to sell his gun to a pawn shop. Nobody forced him to take the deal.

I'll admit I don't know much about pawn shops but....they couldn't stay in business if they just broke even. They HAVE to buy low and sell high.