freedfromsin

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Should this procedure be done today to our new born? Is it our right to do to our children? Is it an obligation? Should this be done for cleanliness reasons? Should this be done for religious reasons?

Everyone might want to go here and watch the video.

http://www.nocirc.org/

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I worked at an Indian Health Center hospital. The native population was mostly uncircumcised. They ended up often getting circumcised later in life for health reasons. Personally I would recommend infants getting it done for health reasons. There is no need for a Christian to have it done for religious reasons.

I worked at an Indian Health Center hospital. The native population was mostly uncircumcised. They ended up often getting circumcised later in life for health reasons. Personally I would recommend infants getting it done for health reasons. There is no need for a Christian to have it done for religious reasons.

what health reasons?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

what health reasons?

Uncircumcised males are more prone to infections and STDs, from what I've read. Remember, this is just what I've read. Christians are not required to do this for religious reasons but doctors usually recommend it being done as soon as possible rather than leaving open the possibility of traumatizing a boy (or man) who might have to have it done later in life. You should discuss this with your pediatrician right away.

what health reasons?

Uncircumcised males are more prone to infections and STDs, from what I've read. Remember, this is just what I've read. Christians are not required to do this for religious reasons but doctors usually recommend it being done as soon as possible rather than leaving open the possibility of traumatizing a boy (or man) who might have to have it done later in life. You should discuss this with your pediatrician right away.

That claim was debunked years ago. May I suggest that you go to the link I gave and watch the short video of a doctor.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Oh I see. You are not really seeking advice. You are only trying to convert folks to a point of view. No thanks. Im not interested in playing that game.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I won't go into details in an open forum, but you can take my word for it ... there are health risks and these risks come with a lot of pain, and I am not talking about STD's.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Religiously - no it is not necessary. My son was not circumcised at birth but needed to get circumcised at the age of 18 months for health reasons. It was not pleasant at that age so I can only imagine how bad it would be for an older child. If I had another son, personally I'd get it done as soon as possible but that is due to personal experiences.

At the end of the day, it is your decision to make. Good luck and congrats on the newborn :)

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Religiously - no it is not necessary. My son was not circumcised at birth but needed to get circumcised at the age of 18 months for health reasons. It was not pleasant at that age so I can only imagine how bad it would be for an older child. If I had another son, personally I'd get it done as soon as possible but that is due to personal experiences.

At the end of the day, it is your decision to make. Good luck and congrats on the newborn :)

I was 11 and it was not pleasant. I did it for both my sons at birth.

Oh I see. You are not really seeking advice. You are only trying to convert folks to a point of view. No thanks. Im not interested in playing that game.

Advice is fine. False claims are not. There is no known health issues where being circumcised can prevent. There may be other issues that make it wise but not falsely claimed health issues. It is a very profitable surgery for the Doctors however.