God, the Gospel, and Glenn Beck

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Has God ever used ungodly people to accopmlish things in the past.

How many people have been praying for this country.

What Glenn is doing on his show is trying to report the truth of what is going on in the world..... and he tells you up front to check anything and everything he is saying on his programs... he thinks there is a way to defeat the progressives who are working in step with comunists and Islam to destroy the country

I have no doubt that he is trying to fulfill the white horse prophecy....... but I'm not so sure that it's a bad thing for the country..... the church surely is failing to do so. Everyone is setting around on their knees and waiting for God to take care of everything and practically refuse to do anything themselves....... just setting around waiting for God to sweep down and fix all our problems.

Glenn has invested his entire fortune in hopes of being able to save the constitution......

I for one am glad he's at least trying and the least I can do is offer to help...... for I don't see a whole lot "Christians" doing anything at all with the excception of John Hagee... who doesn't seem to be that bothered by working with him...

You and I usually see things alike in many areas but I must disagree with ya here. Theres not a thing wrong with being proactive in trying to right the wrongs of decades of apathy and continued commitment to the bringing about of the global dominance. We do and must remember it is Gods plan not ours. Now what if by pushing the idea that we must restore the constitution we are really deny Gods plan and fighting against it? Not saying that you are doing that or anyone else is just putting out the scenario. Mixing politics and religion is never a good thing, the hearts and minds of those we elect should be true and upright, putting forth the morals of God, if we had that this nation would never fail. Heres another scenario for you, what if it is the mormon church that is behind Beck and what if that same groups of peoples want to be able to rule over this country as the rightful dictators and religion when the 'one world order' gets here? I mean most proclaim that the rcc is the whore of babylon yet the mormon church with all its idolatry makeup is simply a cult? I fully admire what Beck claims he is doing and has fully done, wake a nation up and in some cases planted seeds that allowed Gods voice to be heard within some, that is always praise worthy. Lets not look to Beck to right all the wrongs of the nation that would definately be erecting an idol suggesting God is not doing enough to help us out.

shalom,

Mizz

So, you're saying that no one should be listening to Beck or promoting his show because he's a Mormon? I really need to know if that's what you're saying?

I'll give you another what if???? what if God is setting back waiting for us to get up off our butts and get busy trying to slow this down or stop it. He surely wasn't very pleased with the Jews when he made it possible for them to go back to israel after the first temple was destroyed.

there are a million ":what ifs" that we can't know.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I'm not opposed to Glenn becks civic leadership at all.

I am against him being elevated as a Christian Leader whom we should follow. Especially when he is promoting another Gospel.

Ga 1:8

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.:thumbsup:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I don't think Christians are elevating him as a spiritual leader, are they?

When I hear Christians praising his reference to god, the Christian is inserting his knowledge of God, not what Beck says He is.

My take.

I am against him being elevated as a Christian Leader whom we should follow. Especially when he is promoting another Gospel.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.:thumbsup:

Dave, I don't know anyone who considers him a "Christian Leader" that is not a Mormon or a heathen. Largely because none of the christians that I converse with think Mormons are a Christian Organization. But he is truly trying to inform the people of this country of the things we are facing. I hear him speak of his personal beliefs on rare occasions, especially when speaking of his drinking problem..... I know a very large number of people who have done the AA thing and what he is relating to people is exactly what is taught in AA and Al Anon, and it has helped millions of people get control of their alcohol abuse. If you have a better way I would hope you'd find some way to put it into action for the other millions of people who still need it. He is an American Patriot and it is not right that he should be put down as a person who is doing his best for the country because he is a Mormon.

Edited by other one

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I have often wondered if this is all in His plan, where he has quieted the spirit of those who follow Him so the world will turn against Israel, as prophesied. Praying is all that we can do, other then elect new leaders. We can also voice our opinions on boards like this and write our elected leaders, but this is already happening, is it not? Just because we don't have the $$ to have our own show doesn't mean it is not happening.

I see this all leading down the road to the 2nd coming of Christ. His time draws near and I am clad it is. I find that it is far more important to reap the harvest then to worry about how the US is going to end up. It is already told that all nations will come against Israel, including the US. Twice we read that the kings of the nations that will come against God in the coming two battles.

Revelation 19:19

And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.

Revelation 20:7-8

Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea.

To know that one would have to know the details of his plan..... and I don't remember him saying for us to lay down and die..... Actually I see Him saying that he will give the Beast the authority to make war with the Saints and overcome them..... I don't see that as saying we should lay down and die..... I say that we should make it as difficult as possible for them to win...... and keep as many people as possible from joining the Army to fight Israel.

People do need to know, and if a Mormon is telling folks standing with Israel is the proper thing to do, I find it hard to put him down for it.

BTW, I've been listening to Glenn for years and I've personally never heard him trying to sell his religion to anyone. I have heard him explain his personal belief and instruct people to study and decide for themselves what's true and what's not... which is also what he says about politics...

I just find it really irritating that a Mormon has to be the one I see doing the work.

I have not seen once in this thread where anyone said to lay down and die. Little bit of a stretch, eh' brother?

I have not seen once in this thread where anyone said to lay down and die. Little bit of a stretch, eh' brother?

A bit... :)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Dave, I don't know anyone who considers him a "Christian Leader" that is not a Mormon or a heathen. Largely because none of the christians that I converse with think Mormons are a Christian Organization. But he is truly trying to inform the people of this country of the things we are facing. I hear him speak of his personal beliefs on rare occasions, especially when speaking of his drinking problem..... I know a very large number of people who have done the AA thing and what he is relating to people is exactly what is taught in AA and Al Anon, and it has helped millions of people get control of their alcohol abuse. If you have a better way I would hope you'd find some way to put it into action for the other millions of people who still need it. He is an American Patriot and it is not right that he should be put down as a person who is doing his best for the country because he is a Mormon.

Correction, it has been insinuated on this very thread that he is a Christian Leader.:thumbsup:

Meanwhile, I have encountered people in my face to face personal life who are Christians who believe that he is a Christian Leader who should be followed. :)