God, the Gospel, and Glenn Beck

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I'm not opposed to Glenn becks civic leadership at all.

I am against him being elevated as a Christian Leader whom we should follow. Especially when he is promoting another Gospel.

Ga 1:8

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.:thumbsup:

Dave, I don't know anyone who considers him a "Christian Leader" that is not a Mormon or a heathen. Largely because none of the christians that I converse with think Mormons are a Christian Organization. But he is truly trying to inform the people of this country of the things we are facing. I hear him speak of his personal beliefs on rare occasions, especially when speaking of his drinking problem..... I know a very large number of people who have done the AA thing and what he is relating to people is exactly what is taught in AA and Al Anon, and it has helped millions of people get control of their alcohol abuse. If you have a better way I would hope you'd find some way to put it into action for the other millions of people who still need it. He is an American Patriot and it is not right that he should be put down as a person who is doing his best for the country because he is a Mormon.

Correction, it has been insinuated on this very thread that he is a Christian Leader.:thumbsup:

Meanwhile, I have encountered people in my face to face personal life who are Christians who believe that he is a Christian Leader who should be followed. :)

Then you need to have some long talks with the people you encounter.... Either those Christians don't know anything about Mormonism or they have a weird Christian beliefs either of which they need some instruction.

If you are going to limit politial action people to your personal beliefs, I'd say we have no hope whatsoever of remaining a viable country.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I am against him being elevated as a Christian Leader whom we should follow. Especially when he is promoting another Gospel.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.:thumbsup:

Dave, I don't know anyone who considers him a "Christian Leader" that is not a Mormon or a heathen. Largely because none of the christians that I converse with think Mormons are a Christian Organization. But he is truly trying to inform the people of this country of the things we are facing. I hear him speak of his personal beliefs on rare occasions, especially when speaking of his drinking problem..... I know a very large number of people who have done the AA thing and what he is relating to people is exactly what is taught in AA and Al Anon, and it has helped millions of people get control of their alcohol abuse. If you have a better way I would hope you'd find some way to put it into action for the other millions of people who still need it. He is an American Patriot and it is not right that he should be put down as a person who is doing his best for the country because he is a Mormon.

Correction, it has been insinuated on this very thread that he is a Christian Leader.:thumbsup:

Meanwhile, I have encountered people in my face to face personal life who are Christians who believe that he is a Christian Leader who should be followed. :)

Then you need to have some long talks with the people you encounter.... Either those Christians don't know anything about Mormonism or they have a weird Christian beliefs either of which they need some instruction.

If you are going to limit politial action people to your personal beliefs, I'd say we have no hope whatsoever of remaining a viable country.

If you are going to limit politial action people to your personal beliefs,

That's not what has been said though brother.

I asked someone in this thread for clarity on the fact that they stated that Glenn beck was a Christian leader.:thumbsup:

Then someone was confused about my questioning post so I clarified.:wub:

I also maintain that Glenn is presenting himself as something other than and above Political Leadership and action. The proof is in his own words. He sides with neither political party constantly and as some have said in this thread he calls for a return to god. The question is and was, "which god would that be?" For it certainly is not the God of the Bible. :thumbsup:

I asked someone in this thread for clarity on the fact that they stated that Glenn beck was a Christian leader.:thumbsup:

I also maintain that Glenn is presenting himself as something other than and above Political Leadership and action. The proof is in his own words. He sides with neither political party constantly and as some have said in this thread he calls for a return to god. The question is and was, "which god would that be?" For it certainly is not the God of the Bible. :thumbsup:

I could only guess, but my guess would be the God he met at AA that helped him over his problem with Alcohol.

I could only guess, but my guess would be the God he met at AA that helped him over his problem with Alcohol.

And in his own words within his own book and repeatedly stated on his own radio program. That god isn't the God of the Bible. He is the christ of Mormonism, but not the Christ of the Bible. The christ who helped him maintains that each one of us has the christ spirit within us. That christ told him that he had the power to overcome within himself all the time. He just had to tap into it. This is a damnable lie straight from the pit of hell.:thumbsup:

So I ask again, "which god is Glenn Beck calling us to return to?" The spirit of the age which is a damnable religious worldly ecumenical lie or Yahweh?:noidea::blink:

And in his own words within his own book and repeatedly stated on his own radio program. That god isn't the God of the Bible. He is the christ of Mormonism, but not the Christ of the Bible. The christ who helped him maintains that each one of us has the christ spirit within us. That christ told him that he had the power to overcome within himself all the time. He just had to tap into it. This is a damnable lie straight from the pit of hell.:thumbsup:

So I ask again, "which god is Glenn Beck calling us to return to?" The spirit of the age which is a damnable religious worldly ecumenical lie or Yahweh?:noidea::blink:

For me and you it would be the God of the Bible..... for him his would be the God of Mormonism, for a Budist it would be himself, for Islam it would be the Devil.... So, what do you suppose we do considering he is trying his best to help the country. Do you not get behind anyone who does not believe as you do. It's quite obvious that we do not worship the same god, but do we tell others not to follow when he's leading a movement to help the country????

I don't disagree with you about his religion, but I need to know exactly what it is that you propose we do with him. Are you saying that I shouldn't be a member of his network and shouldn't listen to him or try and help my country by helping him..... exadtly what is it concerning this person you're gettiing at???

All I've ever said brother is that he should not be elevated as a Christian Leader worthy of following in Spiritual matters.:thumbsup: Wehn someone states that he is calling us back to God. I want to know which god? I also feel it our repsonsibility and duty to point out the error and show folks the Truth.

He has been holding rally's of a spiritual nature. :thumbsup: Should a Christian be involved in that and even worship the god of Religious ecumenicalism there?:blink:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

To me, the question is which matters most. The truth about God or the rally call to the constitution? I place my faith and life in Christ Jesus and no other. I refuse to follow anyone who leads me through another gospel.

He is an outspoken man of his faith Dave..... I don't think it is going to be possible to separate the two.... So though I would disagree with his religion should I stop supporting him in his bid to help the country?

Dave, I'm not being defensive here, I'm trying to decide if I've been wrong in helping him.

Edited by other one

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

He has been holding rally's of a spiritual nature. :thumbsup: Should a Christian be involved in that and even worship the god of Religious ecumenicalism there?:blink:

I've read through this entire thread - in my opinion, what you wrote there summarizes the whole thing. Now I feel compelled to put in my $0.02

I'll start by making a blanket statement that we as Christians should not look to politicians, radio/TV hosts or other celebrities (i.e. the Glenn Becks of the world) for our spiritual guidance. Paraphrasing the apostle Paul, mature Christians should be mindful of their "weaker brothers." when it comes to the Liberty we have in Christ. For me, that would probably mean not encouraging someone to attend a Glenn Beck rally.

By that, I'm not saying Glenn Beck is a "bad" person - rather, I see him as a follower of a faith that neither contains nor promotes the whole Truth. If that is the case, why then would I either attend in person or encourage someone else to attend one of his rallies?

Now - having said all that, can I at the same time appreciate some of what Beck is doing? Certainly! He is speaking out against the "progressives" in our culture and government (and taking a lot of the arrows that come with that!) He has a platform to reach a mass audience - an audience consisting of Christians and non-Christians; believers in a generic god; agnostics and atheists. People that cut across the whole spectrum. Many of these people will never darken the doors of ANY church - in that regard, Glenn Beck is at least reaching them with political and cultural truths. Some of them will write Beck off as a kook or charlatan - but others may listen. Some of those, through listening to Beck, may even come to realize that there is another political viewpoint besides the "progressive" one.

So the question for me - a mature Christian who also cares about his culture and country - is this: can I rely on Beck to provide me with information to then act upon in my role as a good citizen? Absolutely. For his work in bringing those issues to light, I commend him.

Would I support him with my time or finances? There, it gets dicey. Personally I can only justify financially supporting Christ-centered organizations - from my local church, our denomination which sends missionaries worldwide, and more generic organizations (Like FoF and Wycliffe Bible Translators, for a couple of examples). As far as time goes - the local church takes up most of that.

The problem I see with Christians supporting "prophets" like Glenn Beck (or others, not specifically called by God) is that at some point we are helping those "at odds" with what we purport to believe. A lot of things Mormonism believes in (morality, strong family, etc) in not incompatible with mainstream Christianity, but much of it is. At some point, the goals of Mormonism and the goal of Christianity no longer dovetail. I suppose you could say that supporting Beck is like supporting his church.

Others can disagree, and even say something like "well I get my news from Beck, so I should support him." That is of course a valid point - one that is left with each of us to wrestle with. In my case, it's not an issue because I get news from many sources.

So to sum it all up, I guess I've painted some kind of a middle ground on Glenn Beck. I certainly cannot look to him for spiritual guidance. I probably could not even consider him a brother in Christ.

But at the same time I appreciate the work he is doing in reaching others with an alternate political message they might not get anywhere else.

Blessings!

-Ed

To me, the question is which matters most. The truth about God or the rally call to the constitution? I place my faith and life in Christ Jesus and no other. I refuse to follow anyone who leads me through another gospel.

:thumbsup:

Broad Way

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

Or The One Way

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

Trusting In The LORD Jesus Christ

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27