• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Thank you for the reply. I personally have come to see things on a much deeper level than ever in my walk with Christ until now. He always speaks plainly but it is I who has yet to achieve growth enough to handle all he has to show me through the Comforter. I have found allegory in my own life that spoke of things that would come. I have seen many signs that I missed all along though they were in plain sight. I sometimes wonder what all I am still yet unable to see.

God Bless

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you for the reply. I personally have come to see things on a much deeper level than ever in my walk with Christ until now. He always speaks plainly but it is I who has yet to achieve growth enough to handle all he has to show me through the Comforter. I have found allegory in my own life that spoke of things that would come. I have seen many signs that I missed all along though they were in plain sight. I sometimes wonder what all I am still yet unable to see.

God Bless

Thank you, my Brother! Indeed you are not alone in your walk. I like when you mentioned the Comforter. So few know about Him. So few know that Jesus Christ is the mighty Baptizer in the Holy Spirit whe speaking of it. Even fewer believe He is stil the same yesterday, today and forever, when discussing it.

Re the Linen garment: Do a little reasearch in the OT and Revealtions to see more places where it is mentioned and for the same reason as required in Ezek 44:17,18.

Here is a passage where God will not even comprise the issue:

"Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together." Deuteronomy 22:11 (KJV) I.e., the works of man mingled with His.

This is the reason personal Pentecost is so important. "And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued [clothed] with power from on high". Luke 24:49 (KJV)

Lov'in jesus

Edited by Cross Reference

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Jade....

What a wonderful little study & I really think you defined it very well,thank you

Types of types (That�s not confusing lol.)

And as always,you add a chuckle!

What I like especially is the the 2 very crucial suggestions that can easily be summed up into one......

1) Do not seek types everywhere
2) Never press the teaching of the type to such an extent as to change the historical character or event in the bible.

"Lean not on our own understanding"........One can easily get too deep or carried away looking for what may or may not be there-lol   When we rely on our own intellect & knowledge it is a guarantee to block the Wisdom & Understanding given us by the Power of the Holy Spirit.

So many people forget that our hearts & our minds are flesh and we need to pray & study in spirit.....we cannot receive revelation from the Holy Spirit & access His Power and the wonderful gifts He has for us if we try by our own efffort bound by the flesh that wars against our spirits......Praise & Glory to our Lord!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Knowing that it is not for salvation, may I ask what other symbol does the Wine and the Bread Jesus instituted as a "type" and carries such a warning for those who partake of it unworthily, represent?

Blessings Cross Reference

Welcome to Worthy....I thought you may like this.......

What is the meaning of the Lord's Supper?

The Lord's Supper is a reminder of what Jesus did in the past, a symbol of our present relationship with him and a promise of what he will do in the future. Let's examine these three aspects.

The bread and wine are memorials of Jesus' death on the cross (Luke 22:19-20; 1 Cor. 11:26). In the Lord's Supper, we each eat a piece of bread in remembrance of Jesus. When we drink the "fruit of the vine," we remember that Jesus' blood was shed for us, and that it signifies the new covenant. The Lord's Supper looks back to the death of Jesus Christ on the cross.

Jesus' death shows how much God loves us — so much that he sent his Son to die for us, so that our sins may be forgiven and we may live forever with him. This is good news! Although we may be saddened by the enormous price that had to be paid for us, we are happy that it was indeed paid.

When we remember Jesus' death, we also remember that Jesus was dead for only three days. We rejoice that Jesus has conquered death, and has set free all who were enslaved by a fear of death (Heb. 2:14-15). Our mourning has turned to joy (John 16:20).

Christians look back to the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus as the defining moment in our history. This is how we escape death and the slavery of sin, and this is how we are freed to serve the Lord. The Lord's Supper is a memorial of this defining moment in our history.

The Lord's Supper also pictures our present relationship with Jesus Christ. The crucifixion has a continuing significance to all who have taken up a cross to follow Jesus. We continue to participate in his death (Rom. 6:4; Gal. 2:20; Col. 2:20) because we participate in his life (Gal. 2:20; Eph. 2:6; Col. 2:13; 3:1).

Paul wrote, "Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ?" (1 Cor. 10:16). With the Lord's Supper, we show that we share in Jesus Christ. We participate with him, commune with him, become united in him. The Lord's Supper helps us look upward, to Christ.

In John 6, Jesus used bread and wine to graphically illustrate our need to be spiritually nourished by him: "Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.... Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him" (verses 53-56). The Lord's Supper reminds us that real life is found only in Jesus Christ, with him living in us.

When we are aware that Jesus lives in us, we also pause to think what kind of home we are giving him. We allow him to change our lives so that we live the way he wants us to. Paul wrote, "A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup" (1 Cor. 11:28). The Lord's Supper helps us look inward, to examine ourselves because of the great meaning in this ceremony.

As we examine ourselves, we need to look around, to other people, to see whether we are treating one another in the way that Jesus commanded. Ifyou are united with Christ and I am united with Christ, then we are united to each other, too. The Lord's Supper, by picturing our participation in Christ, also pictures our participation (other translations may say communion or sharing or fellowship) with each other (1 John 1:3, 7).

Paul wrote in 1 Cor. 10:17, "Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf." The Lord's Supper pictures the fact that we are one body in Christ, one with each other, with responsibilities toward one another.

Third, the Lord's Supper also reminds us of the future, of Jesus' return. Jesus said he would not drink the fruit of the vine again until he came in the fullness of the kingdom (Matt. 26:29; Luke 22:18; Mark 14:25). Whenever we participate, we are reminded of Jesus' promise. Paul wrote that "For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes" (1 Cor. 11:26). The Lord's Supper helps us look forward.

The Lord's Supper is rich in meaning. That is why it has been an important part of the Christian tradition throughout the centuries. Sometimes it has become a lifeless ritual, done more out of habit than with meaning. Some people overreact by stopping the ritual entirely. The better response is to restore the meaning.

For a more detailed answer, see "The Three-Fold Meaning of the Lord's Supper," by Joseph Tkach.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Very Good, Kwik! Thank you, Brother.

However, I find it a bit weak; limited in substance because of the over emphasis upon the doctrine of grace the RF church has  preached for so long. What RF fails to point up is the penalty for partaking "presumptously"/unworthily by believing His grace is unconditional; __ that poor understanding of grace advanced by Luther's followers is now the new Christianity. Sins are now forgiven, past, present and future. Ergo, why abide? Where is the need?

The Wine and Bread speak of "intimacy" in the Father, Jesus prayed for in John 17; "intimacy" even  in understanding the preciousness of our indentification with cross.The Wine and the Bread becoming the one thing that can be 'touched'. To 'touch' it unworthily is to step behind the Curtain unworthily. What was the OT penalty for that crime that Jesus might now be our advocater?

"Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body."
1 Corinthians 11:27-29 (KJV)

I believe you are asute enough to understand what I am advancing for anyone's profit who hasn't given it much thought.

Thanks again for sharing.

Lov'in Jesus,

Hi again-lol     Are you by any chance from Texas? Just curious because you mention RF church,,,,,I am going to assume(& I don't like to assume) that you are talking about the Restoration Fellowship?Honestly,I personally do not know much about them except that they are supposed to be multi -cultural,non ethnicity,non denominational,non pastoral etc....group  ,sounds like a denomination of it's own,doesn't it?Basically ,I am understanding ,from what you say, they teach the OSAS.....is that what you are trying to say?

I am trying to understand what exactly you are asking.......as far as the question about the OT punishment for a non Levitical High Priest stepping into the Holy of Holies(which i believe was "death" it is of no relevance to we who are free in Christ as the Word of God tells us that Christ made that new & living way that He consecrated for us (paraphrase from Heb 10:20)..........Halleluliah!

By a new and living way; which way is figuratively setting out the means of entering into the holiest in heaven by the blood of Christ. By way is understood that by which approach to God in heaven is made, and wherein we must have our access to him, even Christ himself, John 14:6: prosfaton, a way newly made manifest by Christ’s sacrifice newly slain and offered, rending the veal that hid heaven from them, so as they could not so clearly discern the throne of grace then, as now; and the way is not only new, but zwsan, a quickening way, giving life and ability for motion and refreshment to those who walk in it, John 14:6, such as is everlasting, and is opened, not as the legal way, only to the high priest, but to all true Israelites to enter into it, and that not once a year, but continually. This is the way of life permanent and safe, Isaiah 35:8-10.

Which he hath consecrated for us; this way Christ himself hath newly made, finished and opened unto them that they might walk therein, and reach home to God; nothing could obstruct or hinder them in it, he having perfected it unto this end.

Through the veil, that is to say, his flesh: the inner veil, that separated the holiest of all from the holy place, was a type of the flesh of Christ, veiling his Deity; through the breaking and rending of which by death, he opens the way to the throne of grace in the holy of holiest in heaven, and so made God accessible to believers there, Hebrews 9:12; compare Matthew 27:51.

With love-in Christ.Kwik

Hi again-lol     Are you by any chance from Texas? Just curious because you mention RF church,,,,,I am going to assume(& I don't like to assume) that you are talking about the Restoration Fellowship?Honestly,I personally do not know much about them except that they are supposed to be multi -cultural,non ethnicity,non denominational,non pastoral etc....group  ,sounds like a denomination of it's own,doesn't it?Basically ,I am understanding ,from what you say, they teach the OSAS.....is that what you are trying to say?

I am trying to understand what exactly you are asking.......as far as the question about the OT punishment for a non Levitical High Priest stepping into the Holy of Holies(which i believe was "death" it is of no relevance to we who are free in Christ as the Word of God tells us that Christ made that new & living way that He consecrated for us (paraphrase from Heb 10:20)..........Halleluliah!

By a new and living way; which way is figuratively setting out the means of entering into the holiest in heaven by the blood of Christ. By way is understood that by which approach to God in heaven is made, and wherein we must have our access to him, even Christ himself, John 14:6: prosfaton, a way newly made manifest by Christ’s sacrifice newly slain and offered, rending the veal that hid heaven from them, so as they could not so clearly discern the throne of grace then, as now; and the way is not only new, but zwsan, a quickening way, giving life and ability for motion and refreshment to those who walk in it, John 14:6, such as is everlasting, and is opened, not as the legal way, only to the high priest, but to all true Israelites to enter into it, and that not once a year, but continually. This is the way of life permanent and safe, Isaiah 35:8-10.

Which he hath consecrated for us; this way Christ himself hath newly made, finished and opened unto them that they might walk therein, and reach home to God; nothing could obstruct or hinder them in it, he having perfected it unto this end.

Through the veil, that is to say, his flesh: the inner veil, that separated the holiest of all from the holy place, was a type of the flesh of Christ, veiling his Deity; through the breaking and rending of which by death, he opens the way to the throne of grace in the holy of holiest in heaven, and so made God accessible to believers there, Hebrews 9:12; compare Matthew 27:51.

With love-in Christ.Kwik

My Bad !!! RF should read RT! Reform Theology.

I wrote the Wine and Bread were a "touch point" for us in Christ. It conveys intimacy with the Father as He possessed. Unworthily partaken of is as I wrote it to be; as Paul spoke of it. I really don't know what I missed or am missing. I believe it is accurate understanding of an act of a most Holy worship to God.

Blessings & More Blessings!

LOL,Okay then! No wonder I was so confused,now it makes sense.....fandangled computers & typos!!!No problem,glad we managed to get on the same page,God sure knows what He is talking about when He tells us to "reason together"....to Him be the Glory

I believe it is accurate understanding of an act of a most Holy worship to God.                                                         posted by Cross Reference

I agree 110%....Amen!    You've not missed anything(IMO)                  I think many lacking in Reverence & Honor to Almighty God

With love-in Christ,Kwik                                                                                                                            

Blessings & More Blessings!

LOL,Okay then! No wonder I was so confused,now it makes sense.....fandangled computers & typos!!!No problem,glad we managed to get on the same page,God sure knows what He is talking about when He tells us to "reason together"....to Him be the Glory

I believe it is accurate understanding of an act of a most Holy worship to God.                                                         posted by Cross Reference

I agree 110%....Amen!    You've not missed anything(IMO)                  I think many lacking in Reverence & Honor to Almighty God

With love-in Christ,Kwik                                                                                                                            

Thank you Kwik! I needed that. It is nice to read kind words of "Godly" encouragement.

:)